Five day visit to the area

Justsick

• 2 months later...

We're on the fence ... Either Myrtle beach golfing or sledding somewhere ... We enjoy both sports equally, I wonder if there's anyway to combine them ? Lol

I hear that loud & clear. I'm heading to Florida tomorrow for a week of golf. I love both also but sledding is my favorite passion!

We're on the fence ... Either Myrtle beach golfing or sledding somewhere ... We enjoy both sports equally, I wonder if there's anyway to combine them ? Lol

Rumor is rain in MB for the next month.

You will have all the spring-summer and fall for golfing and right now the sled season keeps offering winter conditions even in march... easy choice IMO...

Alain

So if the weather and trails look good we're heading down on the 14th ... Can anyone recommend someone else to stay other than the Glaciere ? The Bazzinet seemed nice when we stopped for lunch .... They have a room with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub, has anyone stayed there ? Also the Vieux Moulin looked nice ?

Trails were pretty good. We hit a couple of trails that were bumped up a little but even those weren't too bad. I normally don't come to this area because of the traffic but the trails were actually pretty tight.

LaCabanon is usually where I stay or start out from. They have everything. Plus it's at the intersection of 63 and 23. There are 4 way's out of there. It may be a bit more expensive than LaGlaciere. You can stay in St Michele also. A bunch of places there to. Auberge Lac Toro, Motel Central, Montgard are some choices. The 4 wheelers are coming out now so might be best to head north. According to some that work there grooming is coming to an end real soon. Dennis was not there this weekend so couldn't verify that. They claim this was the last big weekend. But there is ton's of snow the further north you go. And those trails are traditionally low traffic trails with the exception of 33/345 loop to Repos on the weekends.

I don't know if I would worry too much about the ATV's. They have there own trails for the most part. But they were in the gas stations in St Michele and Mt laurier. I would check on grooming if going to St Zenon area though

Maybe with the threat of the ATVs ruining things I'll cancel .... Golf course here we come !

I don't know if I would worry too much about the ATV's. They have there own trails for the most part. But they were in the gas stations in St Michele and Mt laurier. I would check on grooming if going to St Zenon area though

From my experience in the past years, we never had problem with them in the north of the area (st-Zénon and up) until the trails closed... The only time we encounter some was when we rode in April after official dates... not an issue...