Antique Snowmobile Show

Trailblazer

There was a good turn out

Kitty Cat

Check out the pipes on this baby

I had one just like this

And this is the one that started it all, my dad came home with one of these back when I was a we tot and i was hooked.

And one like this too

Edited by Trailblazer

I had one like this too it was my favorite 'cause it never broke down

Had one like this too and it's sister Moto Ski Sonic

Another Kitty Cat

The Snow Cruiser family, boy these ones are in really good shape

Great pics! Where and when was the show? How can I find the dates of upcoming shows and vintage racing. It would be fun to tour to one of these! My first was a Massy Ferguson Ski Whiz. Pull rope was a cable. Pull it wrong and over the windshield you'd go!

Jeff

The saying "you can't appreciate where you are unless you see where you came from" certainly applies to snowmobiling!

Thanks for sharing the great pictures JG. They brought back allot of memories - unfortunately not all wonderful ones! Changing spark plugs more often than we fill up now and having the carburetor(s) in your lap made a long day. Belt life was measured in hours, fuel was 25:1 premix, and you usually had the hood open at least a few times during an afternoon trip with the family. If you were lucky, all the sleds that left came back under their own power. 'Grooming' was a guy with a doodlebug towing a drag that looked like a bedframe - and it probably was.

I made lots of memories with some of those old machines but I like the modern conveniences on the new ones!

That was today and there is another tomorrow in vankleekhill ontario. lots if fun , small ride and some radar for pre 1985 . I saw a lot of those last year j. g. ... I will be at the one tomorrow . Trails were good around here j,g. .breakest and supper will be served

Great pics Trailblazer!

My first sled was just like the first one your father bought.

Some of the old sleds were problem childs for sure, but I put 4,000 miles on a '71 Puma 440 Sachs and never had a

problem. Some of the new sleds can't match that.

Mike

We had a Puma like the one in the pic and also a Panther. My first new sled was a 250 enticer the same year as that 340 I would say about an '82 sure brings back memories thanks for the pics trailblazer!