Gaspe Loop

Vince

Hello all, next month my wife and I are planning to loop the Gaspe (her first time in QC) with our starting point being RDL, my plan is to ride the perimeter and it looks like it's about 1200 miles? Any thought or suggestions for the trip would be appreciated.

I have rode quite a bit in QC since 1998 all on the north side of the St. Lawrence, and my limited French wasn't an issue, would it be fair to assume that my limited French will work in the Gaspe?

Thanks, Vince

Hi Vince. We might finally get to meet up. I spend most of my winter vacations in RDL and in fact there right now. Riding has been excellent until last night's rain.

I have two vacations planned for February and most likely will again be at RDL so hope to see you.

I have almost no French language abilities and not a problem at all.

Hope you get a chance to do the Gaspe, beautiful country.

mike

I have been traveling the Gaspesie for 15 years now and only have trouble in one area, Groomer makes fun of my translations!!

You will have absolutely no issues in the Gaspesie and after the loop will wonder why you took so long to go the first time.

Hello all, next month my wife and I are planning to loop the Gaspe (her first time in QC) with our starting point being RDL, my plan is to ride the perimeter and it looks like it's about 1200 miles? Any thought or suggestions for the trip would be appreciated.

I have rode quite a bit in QC since 1998 all on the north side of the St. Lawrence, and my limited French wasn't an issue, would it be fair to assume that my limited French will work in the Gaspe?

Thanks, Vince

Vince, it is the trip of a lifetime. We did it last year starting/ending in Pointe a la Croix. Mostly perimeter. I posted a trip report if it would help.

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3385&hl=

I too, speak no French and didn't have a problem. Enjoy!

I have been traveling the Gaspesie for 15 years now and only have trouble in one area, Groomer makes fun of my translations!!

You will have absolutely no issues in the Gaspesie and after the loop will wonder why you took so long to go the first time.

hahhahaha!!!

2 oeufs...jambon..patates....bacon....toasts....with un jus d orange !!!!.....meeerci !!!!

hi vince...

don t make french language a barrier..if people have hard times to understand you ...just speak slowly !!!

jean-guy

hahhahaha!!!

2 oeufs...jambon..patates....bacon....toasts....with un jus d orange !!!!.....meeerci !!!!

hi vince...

don t make french language a barrier..if people have hard times to understand you ...just speak slowly !!!

jean-guy

Funny JG! I can read the menu but dont expect me to tell the waiter/waitress what I want. I just hold up the menu and point to it.

Funny JG! I can read the menu but dont expect me to tell the waiter/waitress what I want. I just hold up the menu and point to it.

hi 600iqho !!!

taliking with hands / signs not bad at all !!!

as long everyone understand each others !!

thats the goal !!!

jean-guy

hahhahaha!!!

jean-guy

Look at the abuse I take!! You should hear him once he has a glass of rouge, then he gets on a roll!!! Haha

Edited by smclelan

Hi Vince. We might finally get to meet up. I spend most of my winter vacations in RDL and in fact there right now. Riding has been excellent until last night's rain.

I have two vacations planned for February and most likely will again be at RDL so hope to see you.

I have almost no French language abilities and not a problem at all.

Hope you get a chance to do the Gaspe, beautiful country.

mike

Hello Mike, I should be in RDL on the 13th or 14th and it would be great to meet you :drinks:

Was it just a rain or a rinse?

That's what I'm talking about!

Vince, it is the trip of a lifetime. We did it last year starting/ending in Pointe a la Croix. Mostly perimeter. I posted a trip report if it would help.

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3385&hl=

I too, speak no French and didn't have a problem. Enjoy!

Nice write up and pics!

We get lake effect snow here near the Great Lakes, I guess it;s ocean effect snow in the Gaspe and on a larger scale than the lakes.

hahhahaha!!!

hi vince...

jean-guy

Merci beaucoup for the advice monsieur LOL

Thanks for the advice guys, this will be my wife's first time in QC. We are really looking forward to it and I think she is going to be really surprised by the scenery,

Not a soaking of rain, enough to make a hard trail, but got a surprise this morning awaking to a few inches of new fluff. This area recovers quickly. I haven't got my schedule but think I may be at RDL upon your return from Gaspe.

mike

Vincent hard to f up that ride just look for all the signs showing Vista. Fella holding a spotting scope. Especially in the hills go to them some you might bust trail. Some of my best pics are at them. Most never see them. Imo once you do the rock go back through the center. Don't care for the bottom section you're cutting off.

Language will be just fine. I'm fluent but think regions have different dialogue in Quebec.

Enjoy

Look at the abuse I take!! You should hear him once he has a glass of rouge, then he gets on a roll!!! Haha

you re up for a grosse poutine ..extra fromage avec queuques bieres dans la gaspesie !!!...hahha

jean-guy