Looks like snow may be coming to Quebec

MXZ700RIDER

Long term forecast for the next two weeks here in west of MTL are positive temps and a whopping +10° with rain for Xmas eve.

Good thing to have an atv to pass the time.

Ditto on having an atv. Would rather have snow to ride on over mud and water.

I wont say I don't want it to snow but it really needs to be cold FIRST. You cannot get good grooming results with snow on an unfrozen base b/c it is like applying paint to an unprepared surface. The trail will tend to 'sag' and won't fully firm up. You'll get moguls much more quickly and grooming doesn't 'last'. Of course there are also the dangers of having a groomer become mired in an unfrozen swamp . . .

I think Iceman said "Patience, Grasshopper" but the waiting is tough -

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

No frozen ground equals bad trail, no frozen lakes or rivers means zero connected trails.

Cold is a must or it can snow feet of snow and it will be useless.

It's gonna be a while yet.

I was in Batiscan today and zero Ice anywhere. Rivere Batiscan wide open. Rivere St Maurice same thing. Nothing frozen here. At all.

Sure there is some snow to ride on in Valin and seems like Charlevoix also from say Clermont north towards l'anse st jean. And i hear 45 km or so surfaced near Chapais. But not much else right now. Gaspe getting some snow and there, there are mainly bridges over everything so they will be rolling if it keeps up.