Trail conditions?

wulsock1

Have not heard much chit-chat on here lately. Anyone been on the western end yet?

No one I know of. Still thin out there. Lots of Red and Orange on trail conditions not alot of Green.

Here

http://www.tourisme-abitibi-temiscamingue.org/motoneige/conditions-des-sentiers/

Pipeman, I was the run from St felician to chibougamo

From La Dore to the lumber mill was a "10" gassed up (and ate a chicken sandwich that the nice man who pumped the gas then went in the kitchen and made for us, a tip at the gas pump has to help) and headed towards Chib and still a "10" until about 20 miles past the lumber mill then whamoo!! Sticks popping up through the just groomed trail most of the way to Relais Du Nord which is closed again this winter, After that is was about a "7" due to lack of snow and that was the case in Chapais also. Need a good dump up that way still.

Sorry for the late reply.

From La Dore to the lumber mill was a "10" gassed up (and ate a chicken sandwich that the nice man who pumped the gas then went in the kitchen and made for us, a tip at the gas pump has to help) and headed towards Chib and still a "10" until about 20 miles past the lumber mill then whamoo!! Sticks popping up through the just groomed trail most of the way to Relais Du Nord which is closed again this winter, After that is was about a "7" due to lack of snow and that was the case in Chapais also. Need a good dump up that way still.

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you Pipeman, that is what I was looking for for info. Best regards. RR Edited by RoadRunner

Thank you Pipeman, that is what I was looking for for info. Best regards. RR

You're quite welcome, also if you need a room near Chib I suggest you go to Marina Chibougamau, used to be JC Bou, a young couple took it over and are doing a real nice job she is an outstanding cook too. Happy trails !

It's not the Ritz Carlton but I like the simple spots that make you feel at home. Sandra and Karl are the new owners. The trail signs will direct you to JC Bou right on the 93 a few miles before you would take a right to head into the town of Chibougamau. In fact if you know where the rail road bridge crosses the inlet you will turn right and they are 25 yards off the 93. If you stop tell them Wes said hello and ask for the pork roast ! :drinks: Their English is so so but that's part of the fun....

Edited by Pipeman

Plenty of snow on the LaDore to Chibougamau trail now must have gotten some since Pipeman went through. Went across the 26th then back down the 27th and good snow all the way