Late Season Opportunities!

PLAYHARD

Forecasts all over the province for mixed precip, plus night temps well below freezing through mid April, and this many clubs still grooming, sure seem like signs that I need to plan my calendar better!

And we confirmed on Gaspésie this week that "whites" on the fcmq site (over 72hrs since last grooming), can just mean they're good and don't need it!

post-181-0-97080400-1459082203_thumb.png

post-181-0-58660700-1459082206_thumb.png

Ride in late March or early April when there is a huge base, daylight till 7pm, no traffic, smooth trails? That's just silly! Much better to be shot out of a cannon in early December with all the other anxious riders banging on rocks and mud! LOL!

Ride in late March or early April when there is a huge base, daylight till 7pm, no traffic, smooth trails? That's just silly! Much better to be shot out of a cannon in early December with all the other anxious riders banging on rocks and mud! LOL!

Ha You are 100% right, wait 8 months, there will be a bunch head to Mt Valin on the American Thanksgiving for three days to ride 60 miles of trail!!

Ha You are 100% right, wait 8 months, there will be a bunch head to Mt Valin on the American Thanksgiving for three days to ride 60 miles of trail!!

I will take a pass on that.

No merci.

If I had the time, I'd still be on the Gaspe or going back. Now is the time.

Heading up Friday afternoon. Ride until......it melts? Maybe.

Edited by Shane

It's a lot better than all those whites would indicate. Just watch for washouts, the puddles have refrozen with today's cold. But I would hurry. The 5 on north shore today is as good as I have ever seen it. A lot more good than bad.

Best chance for a late season ride??? We would be crossing in Watertown NY - the shorter the drive the better....

I'd go here http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4294#entry54957 didn't look at a map but probably only about 10 hours for you.