Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!

just received an e mail from the wife of the mayor !!

t l r might be plowed this week for the windmills where tq 5 cross the t l r !!

roughly 2 miles east of the shortcut for albertville and about 4 miles west from the intersection of ste marguerite-causapscal-ste florence !!

there will be pré-stop and stop signs on both side of the t l r !!

merci !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Would be nice if this could happen in April vs during March-Or at least until after we ride there on 3/23, 3/24.

Speedy

Would be nice if this could happen in April vs during March-Or at least until after we ride there on 3/23, 3/24.

Speedy

i just learned a few mins ago.they must do some drilling to see if there s rock underground where they are going to install the windmills.

they better find some ,ste marguerite can be very wiiiiiiiiiindy !!!ha!!ha!ha!!

groomer !!!

i just learned a few mins ago.they must do some drilling to see if there s rock underground where they are going to install the windmills.

they better find some ,ste marguerite can be very wiiiiiiiiiindy !!!ha!!ha!ha!!

groomer !!!

hmmmm-sounds like this could delay them until next month.

Speedy

hmmmm-sounds like this could delay them until next month.

Speedy

ya, you re right !!but this is nothing for what will come for the next 2 years !!

few weeks back,received a pm and the guy asked if we thought about moving tq 5 to avoid that mess !!great idea!!

2-3 weeks ago talked about that with the president.don t take it for cash,but we re thinking about it!!

it won t be interesting for me to ''ride '' on plowed roads....and i don t believe much that they ll give us room on the side of plowed roads for tq 5!!thats b$ to me !!.....and it won t be interesting for tourists.

IF we move tq 5 ,we have 2 options.one trail could be about the same mileage and the other one maybe a few extra miles,but wide roads!!

i ll play with that on google earth !!!...just for fun !!

if you remember tq 5 enough east of ste marguerite,both trail could connect with that 90' corner few miles east of ste marguerite !!

groomer !!!

just for fun !!

souvenir from march 14 th,1994 !!ha!!ha!!!

the day before that pic,i went to a camp with a friend and another with his pick up truck.they were announcing a big snowstorm !!we did nt care much.

storm started after supper while playing ''bluff ''...poker !!

so i advised my friend that we should go back home before getting in troubles.no problems ,will wait in the morning he said !!

looking at the snow outside time to time ,i decided to go back home.my friend had no choices to follow.

we left at 2 50 am and landed at the gas station where i park the machine at 4 00 pm in the afternoon.

we spent all night shoveling,pushing and pulling.we shoveled almost all the last mile before arriving at the t l r.we were doing 25 ' ,snow up to the hood ,shoveled ,then a few feet backward and swing back frontward to make our way on the road.

took that pic after doing 4 miles in 11 hrs of hard work !!we were young and crazy back then !!ha!!ha!!

pic taken at the '' 16 miles '' on the t l r !!

Hi Jean-guy,

Wow !!! That's a crazy story. Love that stuff. Thanks

CrazySnow !!!!!

hi john !!

t l r is very wide,so from the 16 miles ,my friend had his head out by the window to tell me where to go.snow was ''flying '' everywhere in the windshield!!

back in the early 90's right at the ''12 milles ', ,i had seen a cougar crossing the road slowly !

to make a short story,it was in july and really dry.tons of dust on the road.i was coming fom the 18 miles and i knew i had a truck right behind me.just before the corner of the ''12 milles '' there s a loooooooooong hill and i was pedal to the pedal (75mph +) because i did nt want that truck to pass me because it was dusty.

so,when i saw the cougar,did nt take the chance to stop and that truck to hit me in the back of mine because of the dust !!no pics !!

went back there a few days later to find tracks ,but way too dry !!

jean-guy

back from grooming tq 5!!at daylight in ste marguerite ,i was expecting a cloudy,but turned to a blue sky day !!can t tell ,because my thermomether is in a shadow area,must be close to +15c.very warm !!

looks like it has been windy yesterday up the hills.lots of extra snow on the trail !!

i ll see what will happen ,might be back saturday on tq 5 !!

speedy,no plowed roads yet !!

-3c at 00.30 am !!

groomer !!!

back from grooming tq 5!!at daylight in ste marguerite ,i was expecting a cloudy,but turned to a blue sky day !!can t tell ,because my thermomether is in a shadow area,must be close to +15c.very warm !!

looks like it has been windy yesterday up the hills.lots of extra snow on the trail !!

i ll see what will happen ,might be back saturday on tq 5 !!

speedy,no plowed roads yet !!

-3c at 00.30 am !!

groomer !!!

No plowed roads is a good thing!

Keep moving the snow from the sides to the trails :)

Speedy

Looks awesome as always Jean-Guy! I have some friends up there right now. Sure wish I was there! Cannot wait to come back next year. Thanksfor all you do Groomer!

Shane

Grommer-

Trails look great- I hope they stay that way-looks like weather temps are to cool down some, middle of next week.

Speedy

hi speedy !!

not bad ,but i was worried about the warm temps today !!long straight no problems ,when its ''twisty '' a bit rougher.

did nt check the forecast ,friend told me it should -11c tonight.it was still +5c at 5 pm when i left !!

i m not worried about the quantity of snow on the trail yet.a bit thin at a few places in town.nothing dangerous for now !!

pic with the stop sign,at the truck logging road,just oustide town.road is not plowed yet !!

groomer !!!

Looks awesome as always Jean-Guy! I have some friends up there right now. Sure wish I was there! Cannot wait to come back next year. Thanksfor all you do Groomer!

Shane

hi shane !!

thanks !!while grooming in town ,i met at least 2 groups of 3 americans around 5 30 pm and maybe a group of 5-6 sledders.

pics ,this is what happen when the snow is sticky !!little ''mountain '' build up in the front of the drag and sometime it s hard to get rid of that snow .very compacted if you keep it too long in the drag!!!

must let that snow go slowly under the pan ,if not ,you ll have a nice bump on the trail!!

...and if you dig too much with the cutters,you bring extra snow in the drag and the ''mountain'' is bigger !!

not too funny !!!

don t forgot to let me know if you come back !!i ll let you groom ,while i ll ride your sled !!!ha!!ha1!!

thanks again !!

finally !!after so many e mails i met linda, hi-mileage and sorry i have a memory blank,i think the third one was joe !!

big thanks to take time to come to visit me at the clubhouse after a so long drive !!

very happy to met all of you !!

im in a hurry ,im on my way to groom st alexandre.-5c right now !hope i won t go off the trail ,it has been tough to sleep!!slept maybe 1.5 hrs !!when im tired ,hard time to sleep!

eddieskidoo ,if you read this,i should be in time to see you at the clubhouse!!if i m not there ,don t waste your time !!don t worry about me !!ha!!ha!ha!!

went grooming st alexandre this morning!!trail was very rough!!

blue sky here and +7 c ,but its more than that.

groomer !!!

Hi Groomer

Trails look great for this time of year.

We are trying to locate a room for March 22 in the Amqui area.

So far both hotels shown on the trail sight are full.

Any others in that area that you could recommend that are easily reachable via Sled? Cottage or hotel as long as warm and clean.

Thanks

EXT (Graham)

Hi Groomer

Trails look great for this time of year.

We are trying to locate a room for March 22 in the Amqui area.

So far both hotels shown on the trail sight are full.

Any others in that area that you could recommend that are easily reachable via Sled? Cottage or hotel as long as warm and clean.

Thanks

EXT (Graham)

Hi Groomer

We were able to get rooms at the Selectotel in Amqui. Last 2 rooms. Must be busy up there this week . Other hotel is booked solid.

Hopefully this melt won't hurt things too bad.

We are coming in from Campbelton and dropping the saddle bags and hoping to make a loop up around Lac Matapedia and are to fill in the afternoon. Friday are planning on leaving to Edmunston via 587,579,5,548,569onto 85 into Edmunston.

Our first time making a loop in Que. Others have told us it is great.

Long trailer tow fr South Shore NS though.

Bare grond around here for most of the winter.We were not able to run here at all.

Lowest mileage year yet for me . We put 6-700 miles on in NB in February but that was it.Weird winter here. No cold like normal and no snow.Rained here when others got snow.

Mother Nature can be a fickle bitch as we all know LOL.

What club are you out of?

May try and look you up on Thurs next week.

Hi Groomer

We were able to get rooms at the Selectotel in Amqui. Last 2 rooms. Must be busy up there this week . Other hotel is booked solid.

Hopefully this melt won't hurt things too bad.

We are coming in from Campbelton and dropping the saddle bags and hoping to make a loop up around Lac Matapedia and are to fill in the afternoon. Friday are planning on leaving to Edmunston via 587,579,5,548,569onto 85 into Edmunston.

Our first time making a loop in Que. Others have told us it is great.

Long trailer tow fr South Shore NS though.

Bare grond around here for most of the winter.We were not able to run here at all.

Lowest mileage year yet for me . We put 6-700 miles on in NB in February but that was it.Weird winter here. No cold like normal and no snow.Rained here when others got snow.

Mother Nature can be a fickle bitch as we all know LOL.

What club are you out of?

May try and look you up on Thurs next week.

hi ext !!

you should be okay !!from mont joli i guess to rdl ,stay away from the tq 5 !!stay in the woods !!!!587-548-546 !!

it has been a blue sky day here today ,at least +12c .

right here in town,could be thin a bit ,but not afraid yet !!

i groom for the club in albertville,roughly 1.5 hrs from cross point,but all my runs start from causapscal.i ll be back on tq 5 late sunday night and normally depending of the weather,late wednesday or thursday night !!

ps:can t miss our clubhouse ,just next to the trail.pics from this morning !!

groomer !!!

went to meet eddieskidoo + friend walter this morning at the clubhouse .he was right on time ,i was late !!ha!!ha!!!

great meeting you again eddie !!thanks for stopping and hi to walter !!

see you next season !!!