Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Holy smokes Groomer! I'm tired just imagining the effort to get in & out of the cab to take the pics! Thanks to you and all groomers for muscling those trails meter by meter!!

hi playhard !!

thanks !!

well ,when i m in a good mood i don t mind much.there s some runs i feel more ''sleepy ' or the light is nt nice, i slow down the pics a bit !!

if i don t stop ,i ll be mad at myself missing nice pics !!

time to go to bed ,if i want sledders to be in a good mood tomorrow !!ha!!ha!!ha!

i want to begin before 3 am !!

must be the first time grooming tq 5 ,3x in 4 days in my 12 years of grooming .

jean-guy

Spectacular!! Thanks Jean Guy!

hi linda !!

another crazy day !!

woke up at 1 hrs am,started grooming at 2 30 am,back at my house around 4 pm ,waited for darkness and started again around 5 15 pm and stopped at 6 50 pm

just received an e mail fron the secretary in albertville.tomorrow morning ,must go to albertville.i ll use the ''gilbert'' to groom the 4 local trails.way too much snow for the sur trac !!another crazy day coming !!

-15c this morning when i started and -9c when i came back.windy till 10 am maybe !!

jean-guy

just a little reminder!!no bs at all !!

when riding if you can check for other sleds coming toward you.never forgot to look at the conditions of the trail if it has been groomed on both side !!

im sure ,right now ,that guy is washing his short !!!

i went backward with the machine to pack the snow with the pan in front of his sled to help him !!

happy trail !!...your groomer operator !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi Groomer, We are looping the Gaspe this week and got caught by a little snow in chandler and had to backtrack. We headed back to New Rich. We were going to go thru LaCache today but were advised against it. So instead we headed back thru Amqui to catch the ferry. We are headed up to Bills paradise for a few days. When we crossed the cable bridge into your area today the trails magically got smooth. We saw you and wanted to say Hi, You were in the deep snow and looked very busy. We got YOUR picture. If I can learn how I`ll post it when I get home. It will be the picture of your machine with you in it. We stopped at your clubhouse for a bite. We enjoyed your trails --Thanks Jeff and Sandy from Ohio

Hi Groomer, We are looping the Gaspe this week and got caught by a little snow in chandler and had to backtrack. We headed back to New Rich. We were going to go thru LaCache today but were advised against it. So instead we headed back thru Amqui to catch the ferry. We are headed up to Bills paradise for a few days. When we crossed the cable bridge into your area today the trails magically got smooth. We saw you and wanted to say Hi, You were in the deep snow and looked very busy. We got YOUR picture. If I can learn how I`ll post it when I get home. It will be the picture of your machine with you in it. We stopped at your clubhouse for a bite. We enjoyed your trails --Thanks Jeff and Sandy from Ohio

hi jeff + sandy !!

i knew !!when you stopped ,i said to myself they know me for sure !!last saturday night i cleaned the one closest to the trail ,but could nt see the ''line ''of the second one because it was snowing + very windy .thats why there was a lot of snow !!!

for sure ,with that windy week end ,must have some nice drifts in the gaspesie !!

when i arrived at the cb ,good bunch from nova scotia ,im sure of them knew who i was ,but did nt stop !!

i ll wait for the pics, thanks !!

good morning jean guy from la sarre QC, 4of us doing well to bad the trails havent been as smooth as yours! we are off to matagimi

Jackstraw and Phil 1

hi jackstraw + phil !!

good morning from the gaspesie !!thanks !!

blue sky day here again and -7c !!

preparing my lunch to be in albertville for 9 am and spending another day of grooming !!

i ll see what will happen ,already late .might groom only st alexandre and lac saumon today and do the lake + local trail for ste marguerite tomorrow !!don t want to spend 20 hrs in my ''office '' today !!

happy trail !!

You're really getting hammered with snow this year heh JG! How do you keep up? I'm getting tired just looking at your pics, believe me your efforts do not go unrecognized. We all apreciate the hard work you're doing to keep those trails in top shape. :drinks:

You're really getting hammered with snow this year heh JG! How do you keep up? I'm getting tired just looking at your pics, believe me your efforts do not go unrecognized. We all apreciate the hard work you're doing to keep those trails in top shape. :drinks:

great day !!

great run !!

great pics !!

gaspesie ,i love you !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

hi trailblazer !!

thank you very much !!

well ,i guess some clubs need crazy guys like me !!no problem yet to keep up!!as long i keep grooming tq 5 on monday or thursday/friday ,no problem.

tomorrow ,ill groom the 2 other local trails ,about 10 hrs and thursday back on tq 5 .friday off and i think im ready for another bottle of wine !!ha!!ha!!reward for the week !!

my nephew told me that we should have a few inches saturday i think.on some pics ,you ll recognize st alexandre!!

thanks again !!

Hi Jean-Guy

The last 2 pictures....I love them! Especially the colour and depth is the last one. Keep up the good work, sounds like everyone is happy.

linda

Hi Jean-Guy

The last 2 pictures....I love them! Especially the colour and depth is the last one. Keep up the good work, sounds like everyone is happy.

linda

hi linda !!

thanks !!

preparing myself to groom 2 local trails!!-18c this morning !!

pic with the mountains,look closely on the right,you can see towers ,we ve been there during the gathering.

trail for st alexandre this morning,must be like hwy 401 .......even better !!!ha!!ha!!ha!!

trailblazer: are you happy with my footprints ??????? :p

Groomer looks like you will have everything in great shape fpr our trip starting this Sunday. Do a little snow dance and keep that mixed precep away. Next week looks pretty good but a little colder would be better. It should be colder in the higher elevations, Murdochville area I would think. Oh well keep out fingers crossed mother is kind to us. Thanks for all the great info keep it going. Dave

my nephew told me that we should have a few inches saturday i think.on some pics ,you ll recognize st alexandre!!

My favorite kind've field

trailblazer: are you happy with my footprints ??????? :p

You know what they say, practice makes perfect. lol. Nice pics Jg keep up the good work, maybe see you soon, gonna try and get away one more time.

My favorite kind've field

You know what they say, practice makes perfect. lol. Nice pics Jg keep up the good work, maybe see you soon, gonna try and get away one more time.

hi trailblazer !!

thanks!!

i think you re right !!ha!ha!pics from yesterday ,lake + local trail for ste marguerite.i was supposed to be on tq 5 this morning.woke up at 2 45 am,late a bit.so i ll wait for later tonight.

anyway i dont mind,-27c this morning,not safe grooming when it s cold like that.blue sky again here!!

groomer !!!

Groomer I have another question for you. Where on the map is the radar tower with the "ghost trees" I think I read somewhere it is La-Redemption????? Can you help me here, I don't want to miss this next week, it looks awsome. Thanks Again Dave

hi dave !!

this is where we went during the gathering .at the radar on top of the hill at the ski station.

i don t know that area at all,even if it s close to home .when i ride in the woods,always east from home !!

hope it ll help you !!

groomer !!!

Ok! now you're freaking me out JG, what are you Chris Angell or something. Did you float down the trail to take this shot?

I think he walked down with a brush or broom to cover his tracks!

hi trailblazer and mcstar !!

ha!!ha!!ha!!!

the night before i came by the same trail(st alexandre and lac saumon).because most of the time its always windy,i groom both sides right at the beginning and most of the time i start grooming on the left side because most of the snow is there.

i took avantage to use the bull of the ''gilbert '' to push snow in the ditch to make the trail wider !!this is the same place where i took a ride in the ditch last winter with the sur trac !!ha!!ha!!

i was supposed to bring the gilbert back to albertville last night,but i had a mini hydraulic leak,so i let the machine in town and back to albertville around 5 15 pm (darkness)tonight and groom tq 5 later tonight.i woke up at 2 45 am this morning ,bit too late to groom tq 5 .i stayed in bed !! :p ....ha!!ha!!

just too bad ,my nephew offered me his sled for tomorrow riding powder !!i ll be too late !

do you have more questions ???? :p ha!!ha!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Groomer I have another question for you. Where on the map is the radar tower with the "ghost trees" I think I read somewhere it is La-Redemption????? Can you help me here, I don't want to miss this next week, it looks awsome. Thanks Again Dave

From Amqui find trail # 587 toward La Redemption. From Amqui the first land-mark you will see is the ski-hill at Val D'Irene. A little further along you can get gas at Sainte Irene. 22.5 km or 14 miles from Val D'Irene on trail # 587 you will arrive at the top of steep hill, trail 587 continues down the hill and the branch at the top of the hill to the right leads to the Radio Tower. This is wide road and will be tracked, I don't know if it's been groomed this year, when we were there last year it wasn't. It is a couple of miles on this road to the Radio Tower, but a short way in you'll know you're on the right track. If on the way to La Redemption on trail # 587 you come to a "Y" where 587 goes to a sharp right and 579 goes to a sharp left then you missed it. Turn around and go back 11.4 km or 7.1 miles and going up steep hill it is now on the left.

hi trailblazer and mcstar !!

ha!!ha!!ha!!!

the night before i came by the same trail(st alexandre and lac saumon).because most of the time its always windy,i groom both sides right at the beginning and most of the time i start grooming on the left side because most of the snow is there.

i took avantage to use the bull of the ''gilbert '' to push snow in the ditch to make the trail wider !!this is the same place where i took a ride in the ditch last winter with the sur trac !!ha!!ha!!

i was supposed to bring the gilbert back to albertville last night,but i had a mini hydraulic leak,so i let the machine in town and back to albertville around 5 15 pm (darkness)tonight and groom tq 5 later tonight.i woke up at 2 45 am this morning ,bit too late to groom tq 5 .i stayed in bed !! :p ....ha!!ha!!

just too bad ,my nephew offered me his sled for tomorrow riding powder !!i ll be too late !

do you have more questions ???? :p ha!!ha!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Hi Jean - Guy ,

the pics look awesome !!!!!! Thanks Buddy !!!!!!