Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

earlier this morning ,i was on my way to groom tq 5 ,no even a bumps in town,so i turned a round and went toward st alexandre.

went a few miles for the lake and the local trail for ste marguerite ,still a-1.snowed in the morning.wet snow.

while taking a nap in the afternnon ,very-very-very light rain.nothing dangerous.went up to +3c .0 c right now .if it s cold enough later tonight,i ll groom tq 5.

i learned that they might start drilling for the windmills next week just west and east of ste marguerite.i need to take more info about that.they might use tq 5 for a few days.

groomer !!!

back from grooming tq 5 !!heavy traffic today !!ha!ha!! about 60 sleds.98% of them coming from cross point.

it was +1c when i went to bed.-1c at midnight, when i woke uo and now i m sure it s around 10 c!!it was time to come back ,snow was sticking in the drag and machine was almost out of breath !!ha!!ha!!

coming back ,i stopped in the first field in ste marguerite to take a few pics.bunch of sledders stopped to say hello !!tom ,from nh ,if i remember well ,with his son + 2 friends.

hi tom !!5849.6 hrs on the machine right now.

friend told me we should have snow tomorrow ,did nt check the forecast !!

groomer !!!

Hi Jean-Guy...I love the pictures with the machine lights on thru the woods... :good:

They are calling for a big snow hope it happens...

Keep it cold there we want to be back end of March, going to Val Dor tomorrow for 7 days.. :drinks:

Edited by Phil 1

Hi Jean-Guy...I love the pictures with the machine lights on thru the woods... :good:

They are calling for a big snow hope it happens...

Keep it cold there we want to be back end of March, going to Val Dor tomorrow for 7 days.. :drinks:

hi phil !!

thanks !!went i brought the machine to the gas station earlier this week ,there s a plantation about 1.5 miles from my house.i was thinking ,there s some pics to take here ,but mo imagination !!ha!!ha!!

so , about 1 mile before crossing road 132 ,there s another one ,so i stopped there to take a few pics !!when i saw the lights of the machine between the trees ,imagination came back !!

sky turned grey ,looks like snow is coming.snowing right now in mtl !!

just heard on tv ,up to 35 cm ,extreme east of quebec !!

''special du chef '' tonight ,included a bottle of wine with the supper !!reward of the day!!! :) :)

have a nice trip in abitibi area !!

jean-guy :drinks:

I love those pictures!!! Really really amazing!

Thanks!

Linda

hi linda!!

thanks !!

you should see now !!snowing like HELL and heavy,ha!!ha!!! a good 4'' on the ground .

i m on my way to cross the machine around towm.i ll take a few pics later !!- 7 c !!

this will be rock and roll for the tourists !!

jean-guy

hi linda!!

thanks !!

you should see now !!snowing like HELL and heavy,ha!!ha!!! a good 4'' on the ground .

i m on my way to cross the machine around towm.i ll take a few pics later !!- 7 c !!

this will be rock and roll for the tourists !!

Hi Jean Guy!

Happy to hear you have some new snow!! It will make for a long weekend for you! Have fun, be safe and send pictures lol.

Linda

jean-guy

hi linda + all !!

finally ,a great gaspesian storm !!i knew i had to drink a bottle of wine last night!! :)

10-12'' of snow .still snowing and wind started to blow a bit!!-2c !!

i have a friend in caplan ,east from here ,good dump there too !!

it has been fast,went to bed around 10 pm last night and it was nt snowing yet !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi linda + all !!

finally ,a great gaspesian storm !!i knew i had to drink a bottle of wine last night!! :)

10-12'' of snow .still snowing and wind started to blow a bit!!-2c !!

i have a friend in caplan ,east from here ,good dump there too !!

it has been fast,went to bed around 10 pm last night and it was nt snowing yet !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Awesome! We goot a foot plus here in the mts of Maine-keep the snow coming-as we will be there during the 3rd week of March! Thanks for the pics groomer!

-Speedy

Groomer keep it going more the better. We will be there on the March 3 to ride that week. Staying at some of the places you gave to me . Really looking forward to it, our first time in the Gaspe, always have gone other places in Quebec. Can't wait. Thanks so much for all of your help ands posts they are the best. Dave upstate NY.

hi speedy and dave !!

speedy saw your post before starting grooming ,but i had a connexion problem ,could nt reply!

hi dave !!

good for you and welcome on qr !!

sorry ,not much imagination tonight!!ha!!ha!

great run !!left at 2 30 pm ,back at 1 30 am.tons of snow ,up to 15 ', at some place.

arrived in ste marguerite just before darkness,snowing thre and windy,but on the way back ,more snow and windy like hell !!

expect drifts !!

about 1 mile east of the shortcut for albertville ,met a member from hcs,maybe here too just can t remember ,forgot to check !!

phil ,you should be ok !!!ha!!ha!! :drinks:

time to go to bed !!next time before drinking a bottle of wine ,i ll check the forecast first !!! :) :) :)

groomer !!!

WOW Jean-Guy!

That is snow! I don't know if I have seen anything like that yet this season!! That looks amazing!

Good work on the grooming and pictures!

Linda

Now I really can't wait!!!! Won't get good rest all week. They must have gotten alot of snow in the higher elevations, we will be there for a few days on our trip. Have a guide for a full day of off trail fun on Mountain sleds, that should be awsome. If I can figure it out I will post pics from my smarter than I phone while we are there. My wife and I may stay an extra day to just look up "groomer" and buy him lunch for being so imformative. Groomer how long would it take to ride to your club from Ramouski??? All good Dave.

WOW Jean-Guy!

That is snow! I don't know if I have seen anything like that yet this season!! That looks amazing!

Good work on the grooming and pictures!

Linda

good morning linda !!

well ,last night when i arrived home ,i was thinking ,maybe i should move to s-w ontario !!im tired to shovel my driveway !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

thanks !!it was blue sky earlier ,now a bit cloudy with gusts of wind !!

i ll be at the clubhouse by 10hrs 30 am!!

jean-guy

Groomer which town is your clubhouse in??? I know your general area but not where the clubhouse on the trail is exactly. Thanks again Dave

hi dave !!

i live in causapscal ,but the clubhouse is in albertville.about 10 miles by the trail from town.

about how many miles or hours between rimouski and the clubhouse ,i have no ideas .better not take a guess!!ha!!ha!!

for sure some members will help you with that !!sorry !!

ill try to find a pic of the clubhouse and post later.can t miss it ,just beside the trail !!

jean-guy

Now I really can't wait!!!! Won't get good rest all week. They must have gotten alot of snow in the higher elevations, we will be there for a few days on our trip. Have a guide for a full day of off trail fun on Mountain sleds, that should be awsome. If I can figure it out I will post pics from my smarter than I phone while we are there. My wife and I may stay an extra day to just look up "groomer" and buy him lunch for being so imformative. Groomer how long would it take to ride to your club from Ramouski??? All good Dave.

The most direct way looks to be 90 miles.

Groomers.jpg

hi speedy and dave !!

speedy saw your post before starting grooming ,but i had a connexion problem ,could nt reply!

hi dave !!

good for you and welcome on qr !!

sorry ,not much imagination tonight!!ha!!ha!

great run !!left at 2 30 pm ,back at 1 30 am.tons of snow ,up to 15 ', at some place.

arrived in ste marguerite just before darkness,snowing thre and windy,but on the way back ,more snow and windy like hell !!

expect drifts !!

about 1 mile east of the shortcut for albertville ,met a member from hcs,maybe here too just can t remember ,forgot to check !!

phil ,you should be ok !!!ha!!ha!! :drinks:

time to go to bed !!next time before drinking a bottle of wine ,i ll check the forecast first !!! :) :) :)

groomer !!!

Lots and lots of powder!

Jean-Guy,Just got back from our trip around the Gaspe.Sorry we missed you at the clubhouse,awesome trip,we started in St Nicholas and went clockwise around the loop and then crossed the ferry in Matane over to the north shore to Godbout and west down to Quebec City and back across the river to St Nicholas.In all seven days and 1700 miles of great riding.Plenty of snow around Gaspe and quite abit more snow on the north shore .Take care Groomer Rob

Lots and lots of powder!

hi speedy !!

i ll probably see a lot more tonight.went to the clubhouse around 11 hrs am and still very windy !!

so,later tonight i ll groom tq 5 again.expect to see drifts !!

this morning they went grooming a local trail with the gilbert.they have a shifting problem.they ll call the mecano tomorrow morning to fix it .

so, dont use trail 587 til late tuesday or wednesday.i ll try not to forget and post a message later !!....unless you like deep snow !!!

groomer !!!

Jean-Guy,Just got back from our trip around the Gaspe.Sorry we missed you at the clubhouse,awesome trip,we started in St Nicholas and went clockwise around the loop and then crossed the ferry in Matane over to the north shore to Godbout and west down to Quebec City and back across the river to St Nicholas.In all seven days and 1700 miles of great riding.Plenty of snow around Gaspe and quite abit more snow on the north shore .Take care Groomer Rob

hi rob !!

just too bad !!btw, saw your message this morning in the guestbook !!

waitress said :guestbook,only your friends use it !!

looks like you made a nice trip !!great for you !!

hi to kevin !!

jean-guy :drinks:

back from grooming tq 5 !!heavy traffic today !!ha!ha!! about 60 sleds.98% of them coming from cross point.

it was +1c when i went to bed.-1c at midnight, when i woke uo and now i m sure it s around 10 c!!it was time to come back ,snow was sticking in the drag and machine was almost out of breath !!ha!!ha!!

coming back ,i stopped in the first field in ste marguerite to take a few pics.bunch of sledders stopped to say hello !!tom ,from nh ,if i remember well ,with his son + 2 friends.

Hi Groomer,

Great meeting you Friday. Im very jealous, thats a beautiful area you live in.

Unfortunately right after we left you my sons old Polaris locked up. Engine would turn backwards but locked up trying to spin forwards. Engine had compression in both cylinders so I think maybe a piece of piston skirt was in the crankcase. Towed it to your clubhouse and left it at the Gas station next door. My son then rode my Doo back to Riviere du Loop and got the truck. He got back to Amqui at 1130 pm. Oh well, that was the end of our trip. But we did get 6 days of riding in. So now its back to work till next year!

Thanks for everything you do and have a great late winter. Looks like theres lots more snow up there.

Rgds,

Tom from N.H.

Hi Groomer,

Great meeting you Friday. Im very jealous, thats a beautiful area you live in.

Unfortunately right after we left you my sons old Polaris locked up. Engine would turn backwards but locked up trying to spin forwards. Engine had compression in both cylinders so I think maybe a piece of piston skirt was in the crankcase. Towed it to your clubhouse and left it at the Gas station next door. My son then rode my Doo back to Riviere du Loop and got the truck. He got back to Amqui at 1130 pm. Oh well, that was the end of our trip. But we did get 6 days of riding in. So now its back to work till next year!

Thanks for everything you do and have a great late winter. Looks like theres lots more snow up there.

Rgds,

Tom from N.H.

hi tom !!

thanks!!

great meeting too + son + friends !!

just too bad for you !!looooooong day too !!

well ,i could tell you the samething ,i ve seen many pics of nh and i ll be very glad to ''jump '' the border !!

thanks again for stopping and say hello !!

hi to your son !!

time to relax !!expect another '' great '' day later tonight!!

jean-guy