Best trip

drcoffin

(Sorry for the jumbled words and pictures,my first post) 1500 miles of great riding on awesome trails. Our trip was based on a simular trip that Andyman and Smclelan did previously. Thank you for the info you posted, it was a big help. My first trip across the St.Lawrence, and it was great, Brandon and I started out in Beauceville on March 9th. Left in a storm that dumped 16 inches of fresh powder. We rode 35 up to Riviere du loup. Had to break trail the first 110 miles. Burning lots gas and getting stuck. Met 2 sleds all day and finally 1 groomer! 213 miles for the day and Universal never looked so good. Monday we headed to Matane, arrived at 1:30. Took ferry to Baie Comeau. Hit TQ3 at 5:00 pm headed towards Forestville. Most of 3 was great. Found a 25 mile section through Ragueneau that was not groomed at all. Arrived at the Econo Lodge by 8:30 pm 280 miles for the day. Tuesday left Forestville headed to Jonquiere. TQ 93 was by far the best trail I have ever been on!!! We ran into 4 guys from Vermont, they new Saguenay Bill and we talked for a while. We headed up towards the Chapel for gas and lunch, then headed for HI in Jonquiere. 228 miles. We met Saguenay Bill, his wife and Gretta. He gave us some great tips on where to ride. Also thanks to Mikerider for the info you gave me. Thanks Bill, we are very fotunate to have you in our sport. Wednesday we rode to Relais Onathiway for coffee then on to Scoobyraid for lunch. We ended up heading around Lake St.Jean to St Felician, Hotel Du Jardin. The trails were incredible. 250 miles for the day. Ran into the Vermont 4 again. Came across a groomer with some bad luck, we helped him unhook his drag and assisted him until help arrived. Thursday morning left the hotel in St Felician check eng light can on on my XP600 Renegade,could not go over 45. We found a dealer in town, Maximum Sports Bombardier. He got me in and replaced an injector and some chaffed wires, all under warranty. Thanks for the great service. Got us back on the trail by 2:00pm and we headed towards Relais 22 of TQ83. The owner of Relais 22 gave us a couple tips to save time around LaTauque. We took TQ73 south it was the second best trail I have ever been on. 100 miles on TQ73 met 0 sleds. Arrived in La Taque at 7:30pm 210 miles. Saw the Vermont 4 again, they probably thought we were following them. Headed towards Shawinigan for lunch. Then on to Quebec Inn for the night 240 miles. Trails mostly good. Not marked as well as most areas. The next day on Saturday we had the Colibri shuttle pick us up and bring us to Bernieres, right at the TQ75 south trail $26.00 per sled. Good deal. We headed to Beauceville to the truck. 70 miles. 1500 miles Spent $1500.00 Great Trip!

Great report and pictures- Poor old groomers have been earning their keep this year. With the amount of snow we've had in the last few dumps, machinery has been breaking down, getting stuck and just ovearll getting beat up. Thanks to all the volunteers and members that help keep everything running all season. It's one thing to overhaul a dozer in the fall- It's another to be repairing it out in 5 feet of snow..

Hi Darryl

Great meeting you and Brandon. So glad you came by and introduced yourselfs. Be sure to come back next year.

Bill

It was great to finally meet "the legend" and yes I will return to that area. I'm not done yet this year. I think I can find an extended weekend to get back up there. I am hooked!!! Darryl

Great report, we did almost the exact trip 3 weeks ago except we went from the ferry to the HI the same day coming down south to Chapel relay from the north on some top secret outfitter trails................what a ride tho, huh?

Great report, we did almost the exact trip 3 weeks ago except we went from the ferry to the HI the same day coming down south to Chapel relay from the north on some top secret outfitter trails................what a ride tho, huh?

That was some of the best riding ever... You know, when your riding along, the suns out, weathers right, trails perfect, and you have that feeling of.... "This is awesome, I can almost justify all of the money I've spent" I had that feeling everyday that week. Makes it all worth while.

That was some of the best riding ever... You know, when your riding along, the suns out, weathers right, trails perfect, and you have that feeling of.... "This is awesome, I can almost justify all of the money I've spent" I had that feeling everyday that week. Makes it all worth while.

That first few miles going west from Godbout is incredible............I'd love to have that trail to myself on a snocrosser with all those hills and dips............took me a while to get the kinks out on the Apex but what a beautiful area. Have you tried that new trail from LesEscoumins to Chappelle? It's not on all the maps but may be the nicest trail in Quebec...........123KM of beauty. Saw one sled all the way. Remember this place?

Thats the last picture my camera took...............shortly before getting run over and destroyed by a strategically placed stud...............

That first few miles going west from Godbout is incredible............I'd love to have that trail to myself on a snocrosser with all those hills and dips............took me a while to get the kinks out on the Apex but what a beautiful area. Have you tried that new trail from LesEscoumins to Chappelle? It's not on all the maps but may be the nicest trail in Quebec...........123KM of beauty. Saw one sled all the way. Remember this place?

Thats the last picture my camera took...............shortly before getting run over and destroyed by a strategically placed stud...............

S pump

Do you have the map showing the trail from Les Escoumins to the Chapelle? If so in the Chapelle ad it shows a guy sitting at the table. Look closely at the guy on the left. Who do you think that is?

Bill

S pump

Do you have the map showing the trail from Les Escoumins to the Chapelle? If so in the Chapelle ad it shows a guy sitting at the table. Look closely at the guy on the left. Who do you think that is?

Bill

Who is that handsome guy :drinks: Caribou for you

S pump was not aware of another trail, we took 3 to 93. Allthough we did take the short cut bypassing Les Escoumins. If we stayed on that trail would that bring us to the Chappelle? Cameras take a beating, I dug mine out of the snow at least 3 times that week.

That first few miles going west from Godbout is incredible............I'd love to have that trail to myself on a snocrosser with all those hills and dips............took me a while to get the kinks out on the Apex but what a beautiful area.

I agree with you on the incredible trail!

{The link didn't hit right on, scroll up two posts.}

My Favorite Trail

Maybe this is a good time to bring this thread back to life.

We have taken the chappelle trail twice and each time it has been a challange.

The first time right after a major storm. Huge moguls for 90 miles. When you bounce off the mogul you land off trail in 3' of powder.

The second time this year we rode IN a blizzard. Hard to find the trail exit everytime there is a clear cut.

Still had fun though.

Maybe next year we will have sun shine.

We have taken the chappelle trail twice and each time it has been a challange.

The first time right after a major storm. Huge moguls for 90 miles. When you bounce off the mogul you land off trail in 3' of powder.

The second time this year we rode IN a blizzard. Hard to find the trail exit everytime there is a clear cut.

Still had fun though.

Maybe next year we will have sun shine.

Yah, both Bobler and I had GPS so that helped but the trail ran out on my map. I have the track saved if anyone wants it. It was groomed to perfection the whole way and we had a three way Motocross battle to the relay at Chapelle in the dark...........trading paint the last ten miles.....was hilarious.