2020 Ski Doo Gauge Cluster Only Has One Trip Meter

Fuse6

For anyone that ordered a new 2020 Ski Doo you may not be aware the new gauge cluster only has one trip meter, not two like we have had for years.

Unbelieveable how BRP could go to production and feel this is acceptable.

For anyone concerned contact 

brp.care@brp.com

to register your concern.

Thanks for your time and continued patience, we are sorry for the delay.

We have heard back from our technical support team, and the 2020 Ski-Doo XRS only has one trip meter.

We are sorry for any future concerns or inconveniences this may cause you. At this time, we invite you to reach out to your dealer to continue the conversation but please do not hesitate to reach back out to us if you have any further comments or concerns.

Kindest Regards,

logo_brp_rgb50x50.pngDavid-BRPcare

Edited by Fuse6

Has been going on for years.  Take items away sell it to you as a option. X sleds no more shock adjustment.  Gen 4 foot holds by them as an accessory. Wonder if they even consider customers when making the decisions no wonder 15 grand for a new sled another 1 to 2 grand to make it whole

On 4/27/2019 at 7:32 AM, Fuse6 said:

Unbelieveable how BRP could go to production and feel this is acceptable.

It really is! Trip meter 1 was for the entire trip and trip meter 2 was how many miles since last fill up.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:52 AM, 800steve said:

Will be in next years accesory catalog for 129.95.

LOL, guaranteed!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 8:17 PM, zeusand said:

It really is! Trip meter 1 was for the entire trip and trip meter 2 was how many miles since last fill up.

LOL, guaranteed!

I hear Zuesand, it seams we’ll have to log in that odometer reading before starting the trip like back in the day with analog gauges and do the math at the end of the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

This is crazy.  In today's age they should be adding technology, not removing it.   It's like the compass, my 2010 Sea Doo had a compass for God's sake, like I would ever have a need for it on that.  Used to use the compass all the time on the sled back when you could get them.

The second trip meter will be a huge loss.

BS Response.  I can assure you my dealer will not have any clue as to what goes into BRP's decision making process.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for reaching out.

We can confirm that the new 2020 Renegade X will only be equipped with a single trip meter gauge.We are very sorry if this has caused you any inconveniences and we have documented your concerns on case # 01846944.

Here at customer service, we are here to support our customers by providing any information possible or, attempting to find a solution outside of our department. In your situation, your dealer is best suited to give you the information and the detailed explanation you are looking for regarding the reasoning behind the use of a single trip meter gauge.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel, as we like to hear from our customers how we can improve our products for the future. You feedback will be sent to the appropriate department for review and future consideration.

Kindest Regards.

logo_brp_rgb50x50.pngDavid-BRPcare

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

When I snow checked my 2020 Renegade I was told with the X package I would get a 7" gauge verses the 5" on the Adrenaline.  Could there be two trip meters on the larger gauge and one on the smaller one?

No Trip 2 on either the 5 or 7" gauge.

BRP confirmed that my XRS would only have one via email. 

• 2 months later...

Received my trinket throttle hand pump from BRP today. Sent them a message thanking them but a more useful gift would have been one of these manual counters we can duct tape to our bars to replace the Trip 2 that is no longer on the 2020 sleds.

IMG_1463.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

That is great news. Wonder why it’s taken so long for BRP to make that decision, especially when some people have already  taken delivery of their new sleds. 

5 hours ago, Thinksno said:

2020 sleds will have trip B will be added during PDI. 

They are going to attach a piece of paper and a real nice Skidoo Pen to the dash board. With proper directions on how to use it and the Trip A feature to compute your Trip B.

LOL

GutZ

On 8/6/2019 at 9:07 PM, Fuse6 said:

Received my trinket throttle hand pump from BRP today. Sent them a message thanking them but a more useful gift would have been one of these manual counters we can duct tape to our bars to replace the Trip 2 that is no longer on the 2020 sleds.

IMG_1463.JPG

On 8/6/2019 at 9:07 PM, Fuse6 said:

IMG_1463.JPG

Yes I received one of those hand pumps also from BRP. It broke in ten minutes. I e-mailed them telling them it broke and I hope my spring checked 2020 summit expert 850 does not have out coursed parts to the lowest bidder.  Heard no response ! But, previously they did send me a $500.00 voucher for accessories or put towards sled cost when pick up @ dealer.

I don't get it guys. One trip meter is hard enough for me to remember to set ever morning. Besides I  let my kid keep track of the miles every day.  I'm there to ride my snowmobile and miles are what they are. 👍👍👍👍

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

I don't get it guys. One trip meter is hard enough for me to remember to set ever morning. Besides I  let my kid keep track of the miles every day.  I'm there to ride my snowmobile and miles are what they are. 👍👍👍👍

Ones for days mileage.  Second is how far you've went since last fuel stop.  I'm with the crowd that bitched and am happy to see they listened.  They are the best sleds on the snow.

• 1 month later...