snowmaster2112

Bad gas at Repos

Recommended Posts

That's a bummer !  Options are limited out there .  Repo sells lots of fuel .. The guy that pumps the gas says the truck comes every few days to fill there tank 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably because of the abnormal temperature swings this season causing condensation in their tank. 

Edited by Snobeeler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with the third sled that is acting up.  Ended up pulling it into lac Falion and the owner put it in his truck and drove it and the guy to sennetere.  Owner helped us alot thank you.  Dealer opens at 8:30. Plan is to drain gas replace both filters and hope for the best.  This was the only sled in our group out of 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See you at 8:30 at the dealer

Gero Motoneige in St Jean de Matha couldn’t get an oil change done right and I’m weeping oil at the rate of 1 quart per 300 miles out and making a fuc$@ing mess everywhere.

it is coming out (weeping) around the drain plug and yes I checked that it’s tight. I know from doing many 1200 oil changes myself (NEVER) a problem that torque is something like 42 ft lbs

hopefully a quick fix then the three of us are blasting to Chapais

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious are these 4-strokes or 2-strokes? I got into some bad gas last year with my 2-stroke and had all kinds of problems where my buddy with 4-stroke (same gas) zero problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good thing to know, but also surprising as they sell a lot of gas there and it pumps from the bottom of the tank, I am sure they will get this fixed fast, that is a very strategic fuel stop, almost impossible to leave there without getting fuel...you have to wonder if it is water or the inside of the tank is deteriorating being an above ground tank I can't see water leaking in...unless somehow they got delivered a bad load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jak said:

Just curious are these 4-strokes or 2-strokes? I got into some bad gas last year with my 2-stroke and had all kinds of problems where my buddy with 4-stroke (same gas) zero problem.

Two strokes will always be affected more by bad fuel due to the destructive effect of combustion detonation caused by the water. 

57 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

This is a good thing to know, but also surprising as they sell a lot of gas there and it pumps from the bottom of the tank, I am sure they will get this fixed fast, that is a very strategic fuel stop, almost impossible to leave there without getting fuel...you have to wonder if it is water or the inside of the tank is deteriorating being an above ground tank I can't see water leaking in...unless somehow they got delivered a bad load.

Might just be timing - those that got fuel soon after a delivery got a lot of water and/or dirt stirred up by the force of the delivery nozzle. Water will always be in the bottom of a fuel tank and without a way to drain it off will always become a problem most noticeable after a delivery or when the pickup is at the bottom of the tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All four stroke sleds all ski doos.  Not picking on a brand.  Two 1200's one 900 turbo.  900 turbo is still down was a rental one full day at dealer and resolution to the problem.   Btw renters of snowmobiles if your more than 100 km away from the place you rented from your on your own and hope you get a good dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

All four stroke sleds all ski doos.  Not picking on a brand.  Two 1200's one 900 turbo.  900 turbo is still down was a rental one full day at dealer and resolution to the problem.   Btw renters of snowmobiles if your more than 100 km away from the place you rented from your on your own and hope you get a good dealer.

How did Chris make out with his sled?

Oil leak fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something actually got messed up with the oil pan.  Dealer who did oil change messed it up.  Think he was on trail around 10:30?  Not sure if it's a permanent fix  our not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Something actually got messed up with the oil pan.  Dealer who did oil change messed it up.  Think he was on trail around 10:30?  Not sure if it's a permanent fix  our not.

Only on a snowmobile trip!!!!!! 
Hope everything works out for you guys.Didn’t expect that situation out of Gero, and furthermore junk fuel out of Repo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok......

At  Chapais tonight....

first off fuel at Repos.....all I know is my two buddies started acting up with exact same symptoms within 50 miles of leaving there. 

They filled up there and I only threw in 20 bucks. Two days later (and many refills) they seem to be back to normal. Bluebloods”s group with the acting up 900 Turbo rental was the 3rd suspect from Repos gas. When we left the dealer this morning they supposedly said it was a bad coil and taking on off a new sled to fix. But when I saw them very briefly in Desmairsville they said that the dealer said that coil was bad too. I call bullshit on that matter but what do I know. Weather or not there was at least a shot of bad gas that came out of Repos (and I still firmly believe there was) one will actually never know. I know it could happen anywhere at anytime and this year is bad with temperature swings and above ground tanks. 

My oil leak is another conundrum. After further thinking and spending time in the shop with the mechanic on my problem I now believe that Gero wasn’t the cause of the problem. I changed the oil and chain case service at 500 miles. I remember having trouble with my torque wrench setting and possibly over tightened it. I backed it off and reset it at spec. No trouble for 4000 miles. 

When the mechanic (40 years there at AB Sports) looked and “scoped” everything you could see a small section where the crush ring sits that was worn/broken away. Case was NOT cracked. We wound up making a thicker aluminum washer to fill the small void and I’m back in business. After rethinking the whole thing the guy at Gero problably did his job right and when he dropped the plug the little piece that was crushed around the circumstance fell out and left a small void. 

Trail from Senneterre to Chapais today was like a bowling alley the whole way. Saw two groomers pass us and two sleds the whole way.

Edited by snowmaster2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Snowmaster glad you are running with no problems.  Were trying to get another sled brought to us today.  Ended up staying at auberge Tiblemont right on 83.

Great owner there-Bobby St. Pierre!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

My oil leak is another conundrum. After further thinking and spending time in the shop with the mechanic on my problem I now believe that Gero wasn’t the cause of the problem.

Chris, you are a honest man. Thumbs up to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And jackass me last night at hotel....

i bought this sandwich at the grocery store in Chapais for 5.67    Heated half of it up in the oven in our apartment room last night and it was fu%#cimg YUMMY. Got the other half all wrapped in tin foil and pulling the BRP 1200 muffler trick with it when we get to Sciere 54

1E9E1B07-7B76-4391-B176-D7BB201F11AD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

And jackass me last night at hotel....

i bought this sandwich at the grocery store in Chapais for 5.67    Heated half of it up in the oven in our apartment room last night and it was fu%#cimg YUMMY. Got the other half all wrapped in tin foil and pulling the BRP 1200 muffler trick with it when we get to Sciere 54

1E9E1B07-7B76-4391-B176-D7BB201F11AD.jpeg

The good ole Muff Pot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure “somebody, sometime, on some machine” had an actual better clocked time than me.........

but for this afternoon/evening I hold the land speed record between Wemo and Haltaparache.

it was a physical and mental workout.

right before dark at Haltaparache here

in Parent

very chilly tonight 

18CCB36F-A89C-42FF-958C-54F659881094.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.