** Gas in Miquelon**

Mid Range

I phoned James Bay Tourism Association to get some infos on gas availability between Chapais and Lebel-sur-Quévillon.Well she told me the gas station in Miquelon is closed.The only place is Waswanipi.She said you might be able to get gas in Desmaraisville(gas cans) but with no guarantee.So spread the word.

http://www.tourismebaiejames.com/~tourism4/images/stories/pdf/carte_motoneige.pdf

I phoned James Bay Tourism Association to get some infos on gas availability between Chapais and Lebel-sur-Quévillon.Well she told me the gas station in Miquelon is closed.The only place is Waswanipi.She said you might be able to get gas in Desmaraisville(gas cans) but with no guarantee.So spread the word.

http://www.tourismeb...e_motoneige.pdf

Thanks Midrange. We may be riding thru there in two weeks. Will help for planning.

timbo

Thanks! The way I see it, fuel up in Lebel-sur-Quévillon, 150 km to Waswanipi, fuel up and on to Chibougamau. After Chibougamau it looks like its a must to fuel up in Barriere Nord before continuing to La Dore.

Thanks for pdf of the map! Did the rain and warm weather hurt your area too much?

Thanks Mid Range, my wife & I are riding from Val d'Or to Chibougamau this Sunday. I plan to fill up in Lebel-sur-Quévillon and again in Chapais. I will be carying two 2.5Gallon cans of gas, so should make it no problem I hope. Usually get 15-16 mpg on the 1200 Skidoos. I think it's about 140 miles between gas stops.

Will the gas stations be open on Sunday?

Thanks,

Scott

Watch out for this guy if your near Waswanipi....LOL....LOL

On a serious note.....I remember the single gas pump in that little town was the scariest thing I had ever seen (as far as gas pumps go). The cover and sides were missing and all the innards were rusted up and barely working. I thought for sure the sled was going to "blow" on the way to Chapais !!!

post-18-0-77630700-1327532088_thumb.jpg

Edited by snowmaster2112

Will the gas stations be open on Sunday?

Thanks,

Scott

Desmaraisville?? I don't know. A user on the french forum said pretty much what I posted above. According to his post, you can get gas at the convenience store in Desmaraisville.They have several 5 gallons gas cans.

Bonjour

Pour l'essence entre Lebel-sur-quévillon et chapais, le garage a Miquelon est fermé pour l'hiver mais il y a une solution vous arrêter a Desmarais ville et le dépanneur a Desmarais a plusieurs 5 gallons d'essence a vendre. Desmarais ville ce situe approximativement a 30 km de miquelon vers Chapais. Pour être plus precis vous traversé la route 113 a Miquelon et la prochaine fois que vous avez a traversé le chemin vous vous trouvez a Desmarais il suffit de prendre le long de la 113 a droite si vous arrivé de Miquelon ou a gauche si vous arrivé de Chapais. Il y a un peu plsu de 1 km a faire le long de la 113.

Desmaraisville?? I don't know. A user on the french forum said pretty much what I posted above. According to his post, you can get gas at the convenience store in Desmaraisville.They have several 5 gallons gas cans.

Bonjour

Pour l'essence entre Lebel-sur-quévillon et chapais, le garage a Miquelon est fermé pour l'hiver mais il y a une solution vous arrêter a Desmarais ville et le dépanneur a Desmarais a plusieurs 5 gallons d'essence a vendre. Desmarais ville ce situe approximativement a 30 km de miquelon vers Chapais. Pour être plus precis vous traversé la route 113 a Miquelon et la prochaine fois que vous avez a traversé le chemin vous vous trouvez a Desmarais il suffit de prendre le long de la 113 a droite si vous arrivé de Miquelon ou a gauche si vous arrivé de Chapais. Il y a un peu plsu de 1 km a faire le long de la 113.

Just got back from riding this area. Gas was available when we went through in Desmaraisville (5 gallon cans). Broke trail to Wasipini and trail not marked. First time we had ever been there. We were lucky to find it. Ran into the trail boss while at the station. He indicated that they planned on opening and signing in the next couple weeks. Station looked relatively updated. Would not recomend going there at night though. We were able to gas up at the sawmill on the way to LaDore as well. Would think the gas in Desmariasville might be hit or miss, but at least its only a couple klicks off the trail so no big loss in checking it out.

Just rode Val d'Or to Chibougamau Sunday with my wife. We filled up at the station in Lebel-sur-Quevillon, it was 135.5 mile to the station in Chapais. It took 8.5 gallons to fill each sled, so we technically had 1.5 gallons still available. The trail to Waswanipi looked terrible, glad we didn't try it. There is gas available in 5 gallon cans in Demaraisville. Talked to a couple guys in Chibougamau that had bought gas in Desmaraisville, said there sleds didn't run right, so not sure of the gas quality there. There is no gas available in Miquelon.

Scott

Just rode Val d'Or to Chibougamau Sunday with my wife. We filled up at the station in Lebel-sur-Quevillon, it was 135.5 mile to the station in Chapais. It took 8.5 gallons to fill each sled, so we technically had 1.5 gallons still available. The trail to Waswanipi looked terrible, glad we didn't try it. There is gas available in 5 gallon cans in Demaraisville. Talked to a couple guys in Chibougamau that had bought gas in Desmaraisville, said there sleds didn't run right, so not sure of the gas quality there. There is no gas available in Miquelon.

Scott

Thanks for the info. just seems crazy that they wouldn't make gas available at Miquelan they had a captive audience there I mean everyone that passed there stopped for gas. I think if I were going that way this year I would carry a gallon with me and stop after 20 miles and dump it in. Used this strategy a few years back when I was running an 800 v-max 4 and needed that just to get to Miquelan. :good: