Parent

600IQHO

Can't miss at Chateau Roberval---But keep going to Clova about 70 miles West of Parent, Parent is SCARY...Railroad town. Clova has the school house & Tamarack... Just my opinion...

Where is the best and safest place to stay in Parent? How about Roberval also? This is my first saddle bag trip and I want to get it right. Thanks for any help.

There are 2 places in Parent stayed at both. The hotel central and I think the other one is the 4 seasons. The 4 seasons is a little better but I don't think there is a restaurant there. If you want a nice hotel near Roberval go up to St. Felecian very nice your wife will thank me I am sure, 1st class place. :good:

My buddy blew his motor in Parent, he stayed at the Central, he said the bar was open 24hrs! he had a great time at the bar, when we hooked up with him 2 days later after his truck came up to get him he said he wanted to move to Parent! Something about a barmaid. He woke up the next morning and said his room door was wide open and about 2 inchs of snow in the room, had to shovel it out. lol :drinks:

There are 2 places in Parent stayed at both. The hotel central and I think the other one is the 4 seasons. The 4 seasons is a little better but I don't think there is a restaurant there. If you want a nice hotel near Roberval go up to St. Felecian very nice your wife will thank me I am sure, 1st class place. :good:

The map shows that the 4 seasons serves food, maybe we try it there. Which place in St. Felecian our map shows 3 different places to stay? The Roberval stop is still up in the air, we will wait and see what time of day we get to that turn, we may continue to head east if it is early enough. This trip is changing daily due to conditions this year. (I DID A FEW MILES YESTERDAY IN 2 FEET OF POWDER IN SOUTH EAST PA AND I AM WORRIED ABOUT LACK OF SNOW IN QUEBEC!! WHAT THE @#!% IS GOING ON HERE). We will make the best of it our last trip SUCKED, it can only get better.

The map shows that the 4 seasons serves food, maybe we try it there. Which place in St. Felecian our map shows 3 different places to stay? The Roberval stop is still up in the air, we will wait and see what time of day we get to that turn, we may continue to head east if it is early enough. This trip is changing daily due to conditions this year. (I DID A FEW MILES YESTERDAY IN 2 FEET OF POWDER IN SOUTH EAST PA AND I AM WORRIED ABOUT LACK OF SNOW IN QUEBEC!! WHAT THE @#!% IS GOING ON HERE). We will make the best of it our last trip SUCKED, it can only get better.
I alway look forward to visting any place in PQ myself, including Parent. :D

Where is the best and safest place to stay in Parent? How about Roberval also? This is my first saddle bag trip and I want to get it right. Thanks for any help.

I've always stayed at Chateau Roberval and have never had a complaint (nice hot tub and undercover parking). In Parent I have only stayed at the Central and it was bunk houses shared bath rooms with about 40 loggers. They were gone by 5 am so the baths were open.

Good Luck

Kel

Here in Clova at the Hotel Tamarac we have a safe place and you can put your sled inside a old barn.

819-662-3319

Martin

Sounds like your place is nice, but that is in the wrong direction. I want to head east the next day and go to Roberval. Maybe I get to the Tamarack next year.

Has anyone stayed at lac 10 miles or Cheval?

The place in Saint Felicien is Hotel du Jardin. I don't look for a place like this every night but usually try to find one really nice place if possible when my wife is with. I like a hunting lodge for myself but sometimes she prefers something more comfortable. :drinks: Oh by the way looks like my plans changed a little we will be heading up this weekend and probably arrive Sunday night at LeCabanon. Where our trip will lead us from there has yet to be decided though. Maybe we will see you there. :good: Rick

Sounds like your place is nice, but that is in the wrong direction. I want to head east the next day and go to Roberval. Maybe I get to the Tamarack next year.

Dave, I've stayed at the Central in Parent, your wife will not be a happy camper if she's use to Le Cabanon or the Holiday Inn , the 4 seasons would be the better choice, call and make a reservation ahead though, we found out the hard way, by not making reservations, we ended up at the Central, when are you going to start your trip? we will be at the Holiday Inn in Jonquire starting Monday March 1st- Saturday the 6th

Dave, I've stayed at the Central in Parent, your wife will not be a happy camper if she's use to Le Cabanon or the Holiday Inn , the 4 seasons would be the better choice, call and make a reservation ahead though, we found out the hard way, by not making reservations, we ended up at the Central, when are you going to start your trip? we will be at the Holiday Inn in Jonquire starting Monday March 1st- Saturday the 6th

We will be leaving out of St. Zenon on the 22nd. We plan on staying 1 night at the HI before heading back.

I'm not sure where you are coming from going into Parent. It sounds like from the South (Mont Laurier)? If so TQ 13 is re-routed this year which adds about 60 miles onto the ride ~ 230 from Mt. Laurier. Fer-a-Cheval is closed due to it being under new ownership. It's supposed to be open next winter. It is/was a nice place. If you want to avoid staying at the Central or the 4 Saisons there are some cottages that are available just outside of the village called Domaine l'ombre du vent (or Chalet a Louer - seen it both ways).They are nearly new and very nice. As you are coming into Parent on 83 East there is a spur trail that will take you right to their office door. They are owned by a very nice couple. Don't worry about food and drink. They have a mini van that comes with the room to drive into town. Not bad for $40/person. The food and drink at the Central is just fine. There is a new restaurant that just opened at the 4 Saisons that is supposed to be pretty good too, although there is no alcohol yet. If you want to stop 65 miles short of Parent; TQ 13 North will take you right through 100 Lacs. This is a nice place to stay as well. Either of these places I would take my wife to. In Roberval, I'm with everyone else; you can't go wrong with Chateau Roberval.

I'm not sure where you are coming from going into Parent. It sounds like from the South (Mont Laurier)? If so TQ 13 is re-routed this year which adds about 60 miles onto the ride ~ 230 from Mt. Laurier. Fer-a-Cheval is closed due to it being under new ownership. It's supposed to be open next winter. It is/was a nice place. If you want to avoid staying at the Central or the 4 Saisons there are some cottages that are available just outside of the village called Domaine l'ombre du vent (or Chalet a Louer - seen it both ways).They are nearly new and very nice. As you are coming into Parent on 83 East there is a spur trail that will take you right to their office door. They are owned by a very nice couple. Don't worry about food and drink. They have a mini van that comes with the room to drive into town. Not bad for $40/person. The food and drink at the Central is just fine. There is a new restaurant that just opened at the 4 Saisons that is supposed to be pretty good too, although there is no alcohol yet. If you want to stop 65 miles short of Parent; TQ 13 North will take you right through 100 Lacs. This is a nice place to stay as well. Either of these places I would take my wife to. In Roberval, I'm with everyone else; you can't go wrong with Chateau Roberval.

Thank you for all the info, we are coming out of Zenon via trail 33 through Repos and Manawan. Then it is off to Roberval on day 2 and then a day around of riding around Saguenay on day 3 before a long day back to Zenon through La Tuque the last day. We will look up some of the places you mentioned and decide what will work best for us.