Ski Doo Clutch Question

Andyman

I have a question for Rob or any other high milers. Rob I know you have a pile of miles on your Rev what maintenance did you do on your primary and secondary clutches? I don't want to spend money having my clutch rebuilt if it is not required but I also don't want to end up on the side of the trail at minus 25 wishing I had. Any opinions or thoughts?

Andy

Those TRA clutchs are pretty dependable. One of the best things you can do is keep them clean. I take mine apart a couple times during the season to clean and inspect them. If you have alot of miles, say 3,000 or more you may want to look into replacing the springs, there is one in the primary and the secondary. Repalcing these will help keep up the performance of your sled. Think snow! Dave.

I took mine apart last year at 3500 miles and only replaced the 3 slider shoes. They were about $3 a piece. Like Michaganrev said, just take it apart and inspect. There are only a few parts in there to wear. Look for cracks binding arms etc...

Best thing to doo is clean them every so often, more if used in heavy load conditions, aka deep snow-powder riding, the only things that should be replace from time to time are the slider buttons, everything else including bushings hold up very well on the doo's

Those TRA clutchs are pretty dependable. One of the best things you can do is keep them clean. I take mine apart a couple times during the season to clean and inspect them. If you have alot of miles, say 3,000 or more you may want to look into replacing the springs, there is one in the primary and the secondary. Repalcing these will help keep up the performance of your sled. Think snow! Dave.

This sled has 6679 miles on it as last winter started poor but ended great. It was a leftover that I ran last season and I have a second year engine warranty that I would like to take advantage of!

Andy

Here is a pic smclelan took in minus 25 north of Lac St Jean.

funny you asked this because I've been thinking about it myself with 5000 miles on my clutches, figure since I want to get a few other things done I'll have the dealer pull them as clutches is something I've never dealt with. I've held off on doing it because a XP800R Renegades been calling my name but I think I've talked myself into riding mine another year, still under warranty as well.