Pourvoir Tour

willb

2 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Wanted to enjoy Fed Cheval as well tomorrow night but apparently now just open for gas 😩

100 lac it is. Hopefully it shows purple tomorrow morning 

going to do a short run in the area as well 

enjoyed your report 

thanks

Yeah I saw they were closing the dinning room down. Enjoy your trip otherwise!

also worth mentioning if 100 lacs doesn’t work out you know hotel central in parent is warm! 😂

Now that the 800 kms drive home is over I can finish the trip report. 

Woke up to 15 cms or more of fresh wet snow. And it snowed all day so mush so that we had to be plugged in and constantly wiping the visors. But not complaining as I’d rather see snow in the air than rain!

left fer a cheval as the third group out. the backcountry appreciated the extra snow to keep cool and made it more challenging. Eventually at the turn off to 83 west to clova we were just following a single two person group (who we’d follow all day). Made it to clova on epic fresh snowed trails for a lunch (clova poutine!). The debit machine was working today which was nice although it took 3 minutes to go through!

C1288FC1-C38E-4317-B5B1-A4BDCCE0D778.jpeg

Then past clova onwards to Val dor. Trails just kept on giving with basically no traffic and fresh snow. They were tough to follow in some locations due to the snow and low light but the two guys who went through ahead of us made it easier (but less adventurous ha!). 

made it to Lac faillon - we both had to dump fuel in as pushing snow could t quite make it with the fun we were having   

passed up oil at fer a cheval to hopefully finding some before val dor but that didn’t happen so had to use the Arctic cat oil we bought at Lac faillon  (🙀)  

made it to Val dor - forestel just before 7 pm. Trails were awesome the whole trip with some moguls formed after the weekend rush near Val dor (but not elsewhere). 

1300 kms in three days and that wraps up the year - All in QC too!

C9C78B87-8E6E-4F14-A18B-718EE0A266A5.jpeg

On 3/26/2023 at 11:28 PM, willb said:

Alright on to day two! But first I forgot to follow the theme here. Day one we stopped at pourvoir lac faillon for fuel and lasagna. Even had a sugar pie. Too bad they didn’t have a menu but thankful for the fuel. 

day two parent to fer a cheval. did the loop through casey and repos. Trial were good but more travelled than 83. Repos was “closed” but they had fuel and “ham” sandwiches. We soon learnt ham was spam - a first.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_03/595C91AC-2367-4D49-B785-BCB3EEC4BC3A.thumb.jpeg.0ae6eceb76a45e5d6707fba9db078c9c.jpeg

I had the lasagna Friday, it sucked, I was told when they had a chef the food was great, hopefully they along with many others are able to rebound someday from the Chinese flu!.

10 hours ago, Miles long said:

I had the lasagna Friday, it sucked, I was told when they had a chef the food was great, hopefully they along with many others are able to rebound someday from the Chinese flu!.

Agreed the lasagna was not award winning but better than a prepackaged sandwich which was on the shelf besides the lasagna. Worth noting was the lasagna was $16 for a slice!

hope these places stay open and return to pre Covid service levels; there are already enough places that have seemed to close over the years.