Kanawata

iceman

8 hours ago, mccaffrey said:

Mario has put some money into his property.

We stayed there twice last year and were told a contractor from Montreal bought Kanawata. Mario and Celine are running the place. All the work that’s been done looks amazing  !

Hopefully get a chance to return this year.

11 hours ago, iceman said:

Lol

So no one.  He has nice floors.  I get it.  But why advertise it if the majority if your customers can't use it.

We stopped in LATE last season, Mario and Celine still there, still "divorced" but running the place.  Very civil actually.  She was the most friendly I've ever seen her.  She is always better when there are less people there.  Mario has always been awesome to us.  I am rooting for Camp de Casey to get their stuff dialed as the location ON the trail is a bit better, and if you don;t mind roughing it a bit..........

Edited by markusvt

I feel like 345 has been re-routed a few times over the last few years? On the map, this season, it looks to be ever further from Kanawata?

My question, however, I remember pre-covid coming from Lac-St Jean to Kanawata. I thought when we first got onto 345 heading South there was a airstrip that the trail went down. It was wide and straight. When we took 345 North this past Winter I don't remember riding that air strip? Was that re-routed too?

2 hours ago, Yankee Troller said:

I feel like 345 has been re-routed a few times over the last few years? On the map, this season, it looks to be ever further from Kanawata?

My question, however, I remember pre-covid coming from Lac-St Jean to Kanawata. I thought when we first got onto 345 heading South there was a airstrip that the trail went down. It was wide and straight. When we took 345 North this past Winter I don't remember riding that air strip? Was that re-routed too?

I understand the airstrip at Casey but on the map it looks like two locations for Katawata. Did they expand to another outpost away from the lake. Little confused.  Lol

Same place as always, unchanged.  They have 2 ways to get there, (3 if you count the road).  Mystery every year what they use.  The long way is open park roads, fast, smooth, easy to maintain but you have to backtrack to get to them.  The short way is way less miles, routes you directly through their lot.  But......... much more narrow, harder to groom, much more prone to wind, ice and snow damage, usually not really worth it.

image.thumb.png.c028adab6c70331274577511d391bcb3.png

6 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

I understand the airstrip at Casey but on the map it looks like two locations for Katawata. Did they expand to another outpost away from the lake. Little confused.  Lol

There is actually an error on the interactive map about the Kanawata location, I am at sending a correction request for it

On this interactive map snapshot the left indication is good but the right one about 10 miles in the wood to the east that appear when you search for gaz, lodging etc... is out of no where. I am trying to take care of that...

Kanawata_1.jpg

3 hours ago, GSX800 said:

Is it just me or does the app no longer auto-rotate when going from portrait to landscape orientation?  The web based api still rotates. 

We noticed it stopped rotating again also. Alain has a good contact and got it fixed last year. Hint Hint

On 11/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, Snobeeler said:

We noticed it stopped rotating again also. Alain has a good contact and got it fixed last year. Hint Hint

A ticket have been open on this rotating problem, it should be fix in the next days...

The Kanawata location got closer to the real location but not yet on it, I'm back with the concerned people to fix that correctly.