Zec Onatchiway

arubenstein

Scorpionbowl was there Tuesday. He posted in the Saguenay section of the regional boards earlier. I have never been inside the time we went they told us their groomer was broken and they had not been grooming for a few weeks(years back). It was sweet today judging by his picture.$25 for the day. I say try it.

Scorpionbowl was there Tuesday. He posted in the Saguenay section of the regional boards earlier. I have never been inside the time we went they told us their groomer was broken and they had not been grooming for a few weeks(years back). It was sweet today judging by his picture.$25 for the day. I say try it.

We rode in there about 5-6 years ago. We bought lunch at Relais Onatchiway and gased up. One of the guys only got 100 miles to the tank, so at 50 miles we turned around and came out. At lunch we watched an otter get a rabbit for lunch. That was day one. Day two we took extra gas and rode 130 miles inside. Glad I did it once but won't go back again.

Done it a few times, would do it again. Will be doing it next week. Great conditions, well maintained, limited traffic. Just be cautious to the fact that there is often camp traffic at slower speeds sharing the trails. When we are invited/allowed to ride there it is as their invited/allowed guest. Be a respectful guest(s) :clapping:

:good: Couldn't have said it better!

Done it a few times, would do it again. Will be doing it next week. Great conditions, well maintained, limited traffic. Just be cautious to the fact that there is often camp traffic at slower speeds sharing the trails. When we are invited/allowed to ride there it is as their invited/allowed guest. Be a respectful guest(s) :clapping:

We rode in there about 5-6 years ago. We bought lunch at Relais Onatchiway and gased up. One of the guys only got 100 miles to the tank, so at 50 miles we turned around and came out. At lunch we watched an otter get a rabbit for lunch. That was day one. Day two we took extra gas and rode 130 miles inside. Glad I did it once but won't go back again.

Why wouldn't you go again?

Since there isn't 200 miles of FCMQ trails open, this is the best time to hit the ZEC. You get an extra ~120 miles of quiet, groomed trails for $25 [$50 for 3-days]. Most trails dead-end and you turn back. Gas is also an issue as Bill mentioned. That is why once you've done it once, it isn't very exciting. For those who like to venture off the marked trails, the ZEC is very handy...

Eating a cold lunch

Why wouldn't you go again?

Back when I did it price was $25 for 3 days. One of the things I like doing is having a nice hot bowl of soup, sandwich and a hot cup of coffe, sitting down at a table, taking of helmet, snowmobile coat and pants and relaxing at noon time. Eating a cold lunch sitting on my snowmobile with all my gear on ain't for me. Making a loop is not possible. I stay at the HI each night. It is 2 1/2 hours up, 2 1/2 hous back, so that leaves 3 hours of riding inside the ZEC as I like being in by dark. Been there done that, once and done for me. To many other nice places to ride for me.

I never rode it except for a lunch stop at Relais Onachaway. This is a very nice lunch stop riding out of the HI. But as said before there are no loops, in and out the same way.

In and out the same way in the ZEC, but there are loops in the ZEC, got to pay the daily fee. They want to funnel you through their gate. The relay Onatchiway has many ways in/out, without using the private trail system, loops are no issue. If you want to come from the HI, and return to the HI, you can still use different ways in and out, at least 3.

In and out the same way in the ZEC, but there are loops in the ZEC, got to pay the daily fee. They want to funnel you through their gate. The relay Onatchiway has many ways in/out, without using the private trail system, loops are no issue. If you want to come from the HI, and return to the HI, you can still use different ways in and out, at least 3.

I stand corrected! I will have to pay more attention to the map the next time I am up that way.

We rode the Zec last year for a day in early March, trails were mint and we had a blast . . . we will be back this year for sure!!

DSC_1061.jpg

DSC_1056.jpg

DSC_1052.jpg

DSC_1045.jpg

Nice pics, I will have to give it atry sometime.