Can anyone tell me this wrong? PLEASE!

Shane

My experience has been that the site tends to be conservative posting conditions. When they are listed as 'Acceptable' you and I would say they are good/very good. When they say 'Excellent' there is generally LOTS of snow and perfect "table top" trails. I have ridden the Amqui/Albertville/Caspauscal trails when the site lists them as 'Acceptable' and I would have rated them 'Excellent'. Also, I believe FCMQ won't allow trails to be rated 'Acceptable' until they have been groomed multiple times and all signage is in place. This is a safety/liability item since any hazardous conditions (washouts, waterholes, etc) can be assumed to be discovered by the groomer operator making multiple passes and signs alert riders to trail changes, bridges, etc.

I would wait for Andyman and SMclean to post their trip report. They were riding that area starting I believe Wednesday 1/5 and always post very trustworthy and accurate reports with pics.

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

I agree with blue yamaha, until everything is 100% marked, groomed and connected. The best way is to find out conditions from someone on the ground, I have already contacted the club president if I couldn't find any good trail reports.

Three of us just got back from that area and conditions are mostly good. A lot of times clubs will say their trails are Acceptable until they have allmtheir signage up or have groomed the trails at least twice. The trail from Murdochville to La Cache was incredible on Friday, however it had not been groomed yet this year only panned. The same as a lot of the other trails, only groomed once. There is lots of snow in the Gaspesie!!

Three of us just got back from that area and conditions are mostly good. A lot of times clubs will say their trails are Acceptable until they have allmtheir signage up or have groomed the trails at least twice. The trail from Murdochville to La Cache was incredible on Friday, however it had not been groomed yet this year only panned. The same as a lot of the other trails, only groomed once. There is lots of snow in the Gaspesie!!

Thanks for the report it's good when someone has been on the trails recently so we can get real life conditions. We are planning on making a trip up and right now are leaning toward the Gaspe. We will be coming up on the 22nd a little late for the winter gathering but some of our group have work obligations. We pretty much want to go where the best conditions are. :good:

We were told La Cache is closed. We went from Murdochville over but then just traveled south on the 595 to New Richmond to make sure we were in before dark. The next day we took the local trail North of Carleton and hit the 595 14km above La Cache and continued North and gassed up at Les Mechins (150 miles on one tank)!! We were also told the Logging Camp (Roger Caron) is open for gas 7 days a week and food on the weekend. Both are word of mouth, we did not go into either place to confirm 100%.

Three of us just got back from that area and conditions are mostly good. A lot of times clubs will say their trails are Acceptable until they have all their signage up or have groomed the trails at least twice. The trail from Murdochville to La Cache was incredible on Friday, however it had not been groomed yet this year only panned. The same as a lot of the other trails, only groomed once. There is lots of snow in the Gaspesie!!

Andyman had one gallon of gas on his sled. I have rode with the saying "you run out of gas, you don't die" for many years. That said, it was quite a stretch, my 1200 took 36 liters, Stephens 1200 took 37 liters, and Andy I think was 34 liters. Lots left on a 40 liter tank. haha

Last winter I went 160 miles on one tank on perfectly groomed conditions.

Andyman had one gallon of gas on his sled. I have rode with the saying "you run out of gas, you don't die" for many years. That said, it was quite a stretch, my 1200 took 36 liters, Stephens 1200 took 37 liters, and Andy I think was 34 liters. Lots left on a 40 liter tank. haha

Last winter I went 160 miles on one tank on perfectly groomed conditions.

Amazing, i wish i could could get that kind've milage from a tank on my sled. 190k and i'm out :angry:. I need to keep spare gas on board for those 200k stretches some times but 150 miles(240k) is to unspeak of.

How far is it from New Richmond to Murdochville, via 595, then over the Murdochville trail?

more than 120 Miles?

Thanks

GutZ

yea i think your right in the 120 mile ball park going that way

here is a number i have for la cache 1866 392 5525 or 418 907 7235 i would want a full tank taking the murdochville trail or at least pack gas can

yea i think your right in the 120 mile ball park going that way

here is a number i have for la cache 1866 392 5525 or 418 907 7235 i would want a full tank taking the murdochville trail or at least pack gas can

I don't have my notes in front of me but I believe it was 117. Of note the bottom of the 595 is rerouted away from the ski hill and it saves a couple of miles and is a very nice ride. If fuel is a concern you can always do the dog leg up to the forestry camp and get fuel.

Andy

Yes, Fuel is the issue. The etec will do fine, the Summit 800r may be Ok, and if the Mach continues to work it may make it. I just would like to be fueled up, going over that Mountain Pass.

Where abouts is the Forestry Camp? Near the ski hill (Rouge ... something)?

Thanks

GutZ