riviere du loup questions

monster performance

I have rode north out of RDL twice, backpack trips, never toward NB or maine, usa for day loops. are there super FAST trails that way or scenic mountainous stuff?

can you cross the st lawrence in rdl to the other side like you can at matane via ferry? the la malbaie, tadousaac and that area i am familiar with, just not sure if there isa ferry from RDL to other side......... the matane crossing is 2 hrs via ferry!

how is the snow in RDL rightnow, FCMQ says good but is it low scratchy stuff or better witjh elevation east toards NB and ME

thanks guys!

ian

I have rode north out of RDL twice, backpack trips, never toward NB or maine, usa for day loops. are there super FAST trails that way or scenic mountainous stuff?

can you cross the st lawrence in rdl to the other side like you can at matane via ferry? the la malbaie, tadousaac and that area i am familiar with, just not sure if there isa ferry from RDL to other side......... the matane crossing is 2 hrs via ferry!

how is the snow in RDL rightnow, FCMQ says good but is it low scratchy stuff or better witjh elevation east toards NB and ME

thanks guys!

ian

hi ian heading toward maine / nb is very nice riding trail 85 out of rdl is a faster rr bed that is very scenic there are many loups that can be done head to lake pohengamook its never disapointing

i dont know if u want to ride in nb or maine if u do pm me i ride that ariea a ton so i can help ya with info ill be there friday of this week bty

fyi a friend just got back from rdl trails are mint

thanks guys for all the infor! one more question i have stayed at the riotel matane hotel before, how diffecult is it to get to the ferry to cross matane to the other side by sled?

never stayed there getting to the ferry is very easy take the trail off 5 to matane quality inn go in parking lot to back of bilding to a road take a right u will see the ferry from there take a left into the parking lot park your sled in the rerserve line if u dont have a reservation

Also an FYI. Earlier in the season it was mentioned the SkiDoo dealer by the Universal Hotel is out of business. There is a SkiDoo dealer now on the other side of town in RDL, I believe right off exit 507, or by trail take 85 north towards the St. Lawrence, believe this is where trail 85 ends, he is just down the sidewalk a few hundred feet.

mike

thats GREAT info guys, thank you very much

i am going with the wife and a couple freinds, casual riding ,no balls out stuff this time, i like it better that way, sometimes!

we are staying there saturday till wed/thursday, no backpack trips, just staying at RDL

thank you again,

ian

Some very scenic rides out along the coast, get the local map and hit the orange trails, lot's west and north. For a longer ride and nice too, head east, again stay on the orange trails. We were there 2 weeks ago, lot's of snow.

Edited by markusvt

Will be at the Universal til Monday or Tuesday, rm 109 til Sat AM then jumping around rooms each day. Feel free to stop by. Based on last weekend for best grooming, its go east on trail 5 on Friday to Rimouski the cut down to Squatec. Saturday was perfect going west almost to Montmagmy and cutting down to St. Phamphile.

mike