Gouin-Chibougamau 4 to 8 march 2012

towing

Alain, sweet trip, I did that a few years back with fellow members, there are some serious stretches on 93. Maybe next year I will get to go back, once you head above the Seneterre you can really open the Yam up eh?

Bonne fin de season

Great report!!! And great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Excellent report and pictures. Thanks!

My pleasure guys :drinks:

Great report Alain as always! I enjoyed your pics especially of the Gouin reservoir track. Too bad the winter is cut short time to start dreaming of next year I guess. :drinks:

Thanks Viper2. If you had not check, Coyote's Link had a bunch of pics on the reservoir:

http://passionyamaha.superforum.fr/t7086-kwey-et-wachiya-chez-eeyou-istchee

As a teaser...

16avfxk.jpg

And a couple I loved... :lol:

qzkj61.jpg

33m5pvq.jpg

Nice trip and pics towing, you guys really take alot of pictures and take alot of your time to post them for everyone to view. Thanks for your efforts and sharing they are well appreciated and many will use your information for futur trips. A big thumbs up :good: to you doubling up on a big trip like that. :drinks:

Like I wrote, taking pics is a way of traveling for us, during this trip we took a bit more than... 600 :blink: Do you know trailblazer that if you had not did your cannonball post maybe I had not made this trip??? so thank to you to had take the time to put your trip report :good: sharing is the best...

Great Stuff Alain, nice trip.

:drinks:

Alain, sweet trip, I did that a few years back with fellow members, there are some serious stretches on 93. Maybe next year I will get to go back, once you head above the Seneterre you can really open the Yam up eh?

Bonne fin de season

I don't know how somebody would ride at 70km/h on those streches... It would be dangerous to fall asleep while riding :p I would not ride this kind of trail always but they were a blast to ride :rolleyes:

Bye !!!

Alain

• 4 weeks later...

Lac Simon??? is that the Lac Simon in Chenneville?

Yes it is. In fact his chalet his just near Cheneville village. He ride alot from this area to the north. Krikri and I always do a trip with him from there each season...

Alain

Great trip report!! And even some places I remember for my first year riding in Quebec!! You had some great pictures here for sure and lots of good snow!!

P.S. I must say it...the lady with the scarf around her neck on the snowmobile. PLEASE don't ride with this around your neck. My friend, years ago, the scarf fell down, got caught in the track, pulled her off and broken neck. She never rode a snowmobile again, just a wheelchair. That is why they make the neck protection that you pull on over your head, so it doesn't fall into the track. None of my business, but some people don't realize the danger. Thanks

Lindasledgirl

Yes it is. In fact his chalet his just near Cheneville village. He ride alot from this area to the north. Krikri and I always do a trip with him from there each season...

Alain

Wow! so close to home, i have a chalet too in that area, Lac Gagnon on Pointe de Baptiste,. I don't do any sled trips from there but i do ride to there from home, stay the week end and ride back.

Nice area to atv in too, trails are really nice, i do atv trips from there alot. Last november the club opened a trail crossing the Parc to Notre Dame de Laus, i will try it out this summer. Will be much shorter getting to Mt.Laurier that way then by old trail going to Labelle.

Absolutely great report! We plan to do the Chibugamu loop in 2013. WOW! How things change so quickly. We drove the truck out of the Le Cabanon parking lot 5 days ago, Tuesday 3/6. A ton of snow on the ground and -23F when we left. 5 days later it is down to the dirt!

Sorry 600IQHO, I realized I had not answered you... :lazy: sorry ... It's definately a great loop to do, the quality of the trails and the peoples we encounter in this 5 day ride make it a memorable trip... here's the gps screen shot of the trip...

P1050611.jpg

I can't believe how hard the season cut this year... a record for us...

take care :drinks:

Great trip report!! And even some places I remember for my first year riding in Quebec!! You had some great pictures here for sure and lots of good snow!!

P.S. I must say it...the lady with the scarf around her neck on the snowmobile. PLEASE don't ride with this around your neck. My friend, years ago, the scarf fell down, got caught in the track, pulled her off and broken neck. She never rode a snowmobile again, just a wheelchair. That is why they make the neck protection that you pull on over your head, so it doesn't fall into the track. None of my business, but some people don't realize the danger. Thanks

Lindasledgirl

Sorry to hear about your friend Linda, you are absolutely right about the scarf. It's also illegal by law to use them when sledding but you don't know how hard is the head of my wife... :girl_devil: I give up long time ago from telling her how to get dressed.. She would not accept that one of our sons do that but for her...no rational argue there... She was riding with a scarf at our first ride in 1986 and I think she was riding like that with her parents before(she began to ride with them when she was 2 years old...). She know about the danger, regularly the police or a trail warden at a trail check remember her... when it happen she make a third node( she always make two) and hide the ends in her coat. I have to admit that after all those years and around 140 000kms of riding together she never fail to tie it secure...

Have a great summer Linda :give_rose:

Wow! so close to home, i have a chalet too in that area, Lac Gagnon on Pointe de Baptiste,. I don't do any sled trips from there but i do ride to there from home, stay the week end and ride back.

Nice area to atv in too, trails are really nice, i do atv trips from there alot. Last november the club opened a trail crossing the Parc to Notre Dame de Laus, i will try it out this summer. Will be much shorter getting to Mt.Laurier that way then by old trail going to Labelle.

I love to start from this area when we can ride throught papineau Labelle park trails but there's often plowed or logging section on the #50 trail that discourage us to take this side. The other side is more crowded and anyway, the real fun begin north from Mt-Laurier...

I never get in this area in summer but atv clubs are strong and the trail network seems really great. Maybe I will go to scratch some rocks there one of these.... :spiteful: I never did multiple day ride in summer but I hope being able to do it with one of my sons in the next years...

You have a very nice camp :good:

Enjoy your summer trail blazer 8)

Alain

Edited by towing

Thanks Alain!!

And I just had to mention the scarf in case! I didn't know it was against the law! I learn something new all the time!!

I will try to have a good summer! But I will start wearing my "Think Snow" button sometime in July! I will ATV and fish and try to live through these next three seasons till we have snow again!! Oh well!! I will make the most of it lol!!

Have a good summer!!

Lindasledgirl