north shore !!!

groomer

hi all !!

just for fun !!not sure ,maybe i got lost posting pics,maybe the same twice !!

pics from a friend of mine.he works on the construction of the road for the ''plan nord '' here in pq!!pics from last winter!!

don t know exactly where it is !!north of manic 5 -sept iles -port cartier ??? i did nt even ask !!somewhere around mounts otish !!

in a near future maybe ,this could open new ''horizons '' for sledding !!

.........i wish i could ride there off the trail !!!

groomer !!!

hi all !!

just for fun !!not sure ,maybe i got lost posting pics,maybe the same twice !!

pics from a friend of mine.he works on the construction of the road for the ''plan nord '' here in pq!!pics from last winter!!

don t know exactly where it is !!north of manic 5 -sept iles -port cartier ??? i did nt even ask !!somewhere around mounts otish !!

in a near future maybe ,this could open new ''horizons '' for sledding !!

.........i wish i could ride there off the trail !!!

groomer !!!

From Wikipedia

Plan Nord is an economic development strategy launched by the government of Quebec in May 2011 to develop the natural resources extraction sector in the part of Quebec north of the 49th parallel. The plan, to be carried out over 25 years, would foster over C$80 billion in energy, mining, and forestry investments and create or consolidate 20,000 jobs a year for the duration.[1] The proposed plan, which has been described as "a potential centrepiece" of Premier Jean Charest political legacy has received the full support of the mining industry, the Crees and Inuit representatives but has been met with skepticism and downright opposition by the Innus and most environmentalists

Andy

http://www.plannord.gouv.qc.ca/english/documents/area-covered.pdf

That is the map of where they are talking about...that's a big big area!

From Wikipedia

Plan Nord is an economic development strategy launched by the government of Quebec in May 2011 to develop the natural resources extraction sector in the part of Quebec north of the 49th parallel. The plan, to be carried out over 25 years, would foster over C$80 billion in energy, mining, and forestry investments and create or consolidate 20,000 jobs a year for the duration.[1] The proposed plan, which has been described as "a potential centrepiece" of Premier Jean Charest political legacy has received the full support of the mining industry, the Crees and Inuit representatives but has been met with skepticism and downright opposition by the Innus and most environmentalists

Andy

whoooooooooopsss !!

thanks for the info andy !!

jean-guy :drinks:

http://www.plannord.gouv.qc.ca/english/documents/area-covered.pdf

That is the map of where they are talking about...that's a big big area!

few years back.i had a friend working at the manic 5 dam !!depending of the quality of the ice ,he used to ride on manic 5 reservoir with friends for 4 -5 days in a row in mid april or so with a little ''spin '' in the mounts groulx!!

i've seen pics when the water ''level '' mark ,back then, was really high in the reservoir.40 to 60 ' in height difference with the ice level !!could see the ''rust '' up the rock cliff.

can t remember the story at all,but he told me about a camp on rené-levasseur island owned by an american years back.that guy was working for the nasa !!can t confirm that !!

jean-guy

few years back.i had a friend working at the manic 5 dam !!depending of the quality of the ice ,he used to ride on manic 5 reservoir with friends for 4 -5 days in a row in mid april or so with a little ''spin '' in the mounts groulx!!

i've seen pics when the water ''level '' mark ,back then, was really high in the reservoir.40 to 60 ' in height difference with the ice level !!could see the ''rust '' up the rock cliff.

can t remember the story at all,but he told me about a camp on rené-levasseur island owned by an american years back.that guy was working for the nasa !!can t confirm that !!

jean-guy

I have a friend who lives in Arvida and worked for Alcan before retiring. He told me the summer after graduating from high school, in the early 60's, that he worked on Manic 5. He told me it was 125' and 125 miles long.

On our way to the Winter Gathering in January our first night out we stayed at the Econo Lodge in Forestville. The guy who owns it, with his sister, was talking to us about the Muskrat Falls project going on in Labrador. He told us that the Province plans on spending $30,000,000,000 over the nexr 10 years to build a hydro dam. Any of you Quebec guys know anything about this? He also told us that China is very involved in the mineral mining that is going on in Labrador.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

I have a friend who lives in Arvida and worked for Alcan before retiring. He told me the summer after graduating from high school, in the early 60's, that he worked on Manic 5. He told me it was 125' and 125 miles long.

On our way to the Winter Gathering in January our first night out we stayed at the Econo Lodge in Forestville. The guy who owns it, with his sister, was talking to us about the Muskrat Falls project going on in Labrador. He told us that the Province plans on spending $30,000,000,000 over the nexr 10 years to build a hydro dam. Any of you Quebec guys know anything about this? He also told us that China is very involved in the mineral mining that is going on in Labrador.

hi saguenay bill!!

don t know much about politics in pq and i don t care much!!ha!!ha!!

from what i know ,plan nord could be only ''powder to the eyes ''for quebecers !!big money involved ,but not much left for us !!

ya ,in some ways chineses are involved in that project!!

jean-guy

Interestingly enough, while at war with the English during the French and Indian war around the 1760's. The French king didn't want to spend any $ to defeat the English in Canada, then New France. The French king referred to New France as a frozen waste land. I guess he was off by a few trillion. Counting the tar sands in Alberta........ :rolleyes: Maybe in 25 yrs they will lay cable under the atlantic. To supply France with Pq hydro, when all the oil is gone from the middle east. ;)

Oh yes!! Same Gloves! lol

great observation ,but wrong color ...mine used to yellow...1-0 for me !!

pic ,earlier this week or last week, they took 24 hrs to do 60 miles !!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy,

Are you keeping score now? That makes it a contest and I will win for sure!! lol

HaHa

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

What is that Jean-Guy and where is it?? Is it an Elk? One antler? What do you know?

Linda

hi linda !!

caribou !!

probably lost the other one at the beginning or during the winter !!

if you remember where you and my sister waited for me at that camp to look for my b i l and friend .roughly 1.5 miles before arriving there .i had seen one caribou in 01-02 or 03.it was during the time i spend a month at my camp late sept/oct .

early morning ,went back in town for grocery and some juices.on the way back,saw a caribou....but only for 2-3 ''.not time to reach for my camera.

must be very lucky !!.normally they stay in the gaspesie park.mount logan-albert and jacques-cartier....but the herd there is on the way down .not 100% sure .roughly 150 left in the gaspesie park !!

one caribou has been seen on duniere reserve 2-3 years ago !!might be able to find a pic of that !!

the pic i posted ,from the north shore where my friend work.but i have no ideas where is working exactly !!

jean-guy