NEW RIDES!! POST SOME PICTURES!

lindasledgirl

RAM Mounts, they have every combination and a search/selector Tool.

http://www.rammount.com/

It is the one I used on the Mach, and the next project.

12th Pic.

Pic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4d07ccad3b

GutZ

Mr. Gutz

Snowfarmer had a nice ram mount on his old sled. He now has the same sled as Crazy, Ray, and me! He somehow got talked into the glove box extension to hold his GPS but it needed some modification to fit in perfectly. Unlike Crazy and I...ours fit without any modifications. He is about to post some pics I think.

Linda

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-280-0-54497000-1355675996_thumb.jpg

Thanks dooright and MrGutz for the links. I see there are ram mounts that are a little different than mine

post-280-0-45403000-1355676108_thumb.jpg

Got my bags on .I have three travel options. Old style, with bags i love.

post-280-0-06916500-1355676230_thumb.jpg

New and old style (I figured out how to mount gas can)

post-280-0-08268900-1355676380_thumb.jpg

And everything but the kitchen sink style.Sherpa style.

Edited by snowfarmer

post-280-0-54497000-1355675996_thumb.jpg

Thanks dooright and MrGutz for the links. I see there are ram mounts that are a little different than mine

post-280-0-45403000-1355676108_thumb.jpg

Got my bags on .I have three travel options. Old style, with bags i love.

post-280-0-06916500-1355676230_thumb.jpg

New and old style (I figured out how to mount gas can)

post-280-0-08268900-1355676380_thumb.jpg

And everything but the kitchen sink style.

You will for sure have room for my hairblower!!

:clapping:

I am using a Ram mount for my Nuvi 550, works real good, no loose and rattle, fit snug as a bug. Had to get creative to attach to the sled, i used a mirror arm and machined a bracket/adapter to fit the Ram mount to the mirror arm, nice thing about this set up is...it can be transfered to my atv in a jiffy.

Linda

Not sure about using your GPS? Keep it in the car and study it as your using it, as well give yourself some little tasks like find a location even if you already know where it is, this will help you understand how it works and give yourself a chance to tweek the little bugs you find along the way before you really actually need to use it. The spot connect, my choice but don't have it yet, i would suggest to to test the connect feature by simple driving to an area where you have no cell service and send a message via text and/or via the preset messages you enter to either yourself or a friend, i understand there is only 5 messages allowed to be sent with the purchase or more if you purchased a package but never the less it's best to test and understand how the system works in a controlled environment then to learn in a emergency situation. When i get mine up and running i would love to compare notes.

JG

Hi JG

Sorry if my post was confusing...I have GPS's and I have SPOT connect....I am just not confident with them. I find that I usually have someone much smarter than I am on my crew and like to say that everyone in the 'group' will have a 'specialty'....mine won't likely be in the GPS department. If I didn't talk so much, I might be able to learn more. My problem is that I can't retain much more information lol. My brain is full! Hard drive overload!

This is going to be a great year!! I can't wait to get on the other side of Christmas!

See you out there!

Linda

That's one sweet ride.

I have a great dealer but he didn't tell me about the orange option. Kept that info to himself!!!

The X package orange came out the last week of spring order....My dealer didn't call me to offer a switch...I would have switched one of them for sure!

Mike Mulley 416-727-9197 or mmulley@globalstar.ca

Please tell him Linda Miller sent you.

And he sat with me on the phone and walked me through the whole set up...made it very easy!

Great service!!

http://ca.globalstar.com/en/satphone/?gclid=CPXFjZ2SoLQCFcxAMgodCGAAGA

Edited by lindasledgirl

Ray

Yes, actually I meant to post in here, had it on fb. Great deal! You have to buy your text messages. I can't even remember what I paid for them to be honest. I should see how many I have left. You can make a pre-set message to go to your 'family' list that says something like 'i am just checking in to let you know I am fine' or the one I like to use the most...'sell something we no longer need so I can stay out here longer' or 'not coming home, the snow is perfect, don't worry about me' lol

haha

Linda

Ray

Yes, actually I meant to post in here, had it on fb. Great deal! You have to buy your text messages. I can't even remember what I paid for them to be honest. I should see how many I have left. You can make a pre-set message to go to your 'family' list that says something like 'i am just checking in to let you know I am fine' or the one I like to use the most...'sell something we no longer need so I can stay out here longer' or 'not coming home, the snow is perfect, don't worry about me' lol

haha

Linda

Oh Linda those messages are worthless....there's only one.....send more Redwood!!!!!

Crazysnow.....

No Linq bags?

Linda

Linda I had no time this weekend to play with the sled ,I have the one Linq Bag the big one but no time to mount it, I hope Santa brings more Goodies for me cause i've been nothing but good !! :rofl: as I get more goodies I will post some PICS.

Mike Mulley 416-727-9197 or mmulley@globalstar.ca

Please tell him Linda Miller sent you.

And he sat with me on the phone and walked me through the whole set up...made it very easy!

Great service!!

http://ca.globalstar...CFcxAMgodCGAAGA

Thanks Linda, i talked too soon, found a couple places within a 30 minute drive.

Great service you got there, there's not many resellers out there willing to provide extensive tech support.

I got first hand experience saying that, got a new phone, Iphone and i am trying to configure my office emails to it. Spent 2 1/2 hours with Bell tech support on the phone and they are at a lose and their final answer "we don't support Apple". 1 1/2 hours later with Apple on the phone and they say it's Bells settings, go to the Bell store same BS "don't support Apple", go to the Apple store same BS Bells settings not correct. All to say it came from Bell. Grrrrrrr smart phones!!!! it's not over!!! tomorrows Monday and it's slow in the shop.

Linda I had no time this weekend to play with the sled ,I have the one Linq Bag the big one but no time to mount it, I hope Santa brings more Goodies for me cause i've been nothing but good !! :rofl: as I get more goodies I will post some PICS.

wish you luck crazysnow !!!

minor problems for santa !!he might be late !!!

hhahahhahahhahha!!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Thanks Linda, i talked too soon, found a couple places within a 30 minute drive.

Great service you got there, there's not many resellers out there willing to provide extensive tech support.

I got first hand experience saying that, got a new phone, Iphone and i am trying to configure my office emails to it. Spent 2 1/2 hours with Bell tech support on the phone and they are at a lose and their final answer "we don't support Apple". 1 1/2 hours later with Apple on the phone and they say it's Bells settings, go to the Bell store same BS "don't support Apple", go to the Apple store same BS Bells settings not correct. All to say it came from Bell. Grrrrrrr smart phones!!!! it's not over!!! tomorrows Monday and it's slow in the shop.

Well don't be afraid to call that guy, he isn't from where I live either, but spent about 45 min on the phone with me, setting it all up. Great service!

Oh Linda those messages are worthless....there's only one.....send more Redwood!!!!!

Ray,

You better see what happens when I drink before you suggest I order more wine lol...I spend all my money on snowmobiling! There is a reason for that haha!!

Linda

Ray

haha

Linda

Great messages Linda! I frickin love it. I've told the Mrs. over and over that lots of the places we ride to don't have phones, but all of the hospitals do, so if you don't hear from me... GOOD NEWS CAN BE ASSUMED THAT I'M NOT AT A HOSPITAL. She doesn't buy it and makes me call every night.

Well don't be afraid to call that guy, he isn't from where I live either, but spent about 45 min on the phone with me, setting it all up. Great service!

Ray,

You better see what happens when I drink before you suggest I order more wine lol...I spend all my money on snowmobiling! There is a reason for that haha!!

Linda

Hey Linda you're going to start drinking more WINE !!! after you see the price for a spare belt for the 800 R E-TEC. :rofl: And you need two ' O Boy it never ends. I Opened an extra bottle last night :crazy:

Hey Linda you're going to start drinking more WINE !!! after you see the price for a spare belt for the 800 R E-TEC. :rofl: And you need two ' O Boy it never ends. I Opened an extra bottle last night :crazy:

Crazysnow,

I don't need an extra belt....I use an old set of pantyhose!! lol

Trust me...there are NO 'Bottles' of wine for me....I have trouble with a glass!

linda