Anyone on here run a 2012 Actic cat turbo?

clk1x

You do not need to go 160 miles unless you get lost. Not a problem for me. To each their own for sure.

FYI I went 160 mile because I was trying to run the the guy on the Cat out of gas so I could take a picture of me towing him in!!

No fools, no fun!!

Edited by smclelan

Maybe you were riding a Yamaha Bravo? With the no suspension and no handling. lol. once you take the time to dial it in they are just fine. My Apex rails the corners and eats bumps for breakfast. Its not for litlle trails, no for sure, its not an off trail sled, no way, but for me on the groomed Quebec trails, is all I care about, so for me, yes please.

Yup fer sure. Used more belts then injection oil. Ah the good old days. Changing belts and putting in oil. My how far we have come.

BELTS are a bust when it comes to a Yamaha, my '04 RX1 blew my first belt at 12000k, my 08 Apex changed belt at 14000k before i would've been unfortunate, i remember the mess at 12000k @ 140k.

How do you spell relief????? YAMAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You betcha pal

.......but they have no range! The fuel tank is too small, why doesn't Yamaha put a bigger tank on them??

I'm with ya there Smclean, i carry 2 X 5 Litres so i have the same capacity as the others thus keeping the same range.

Its not for litlle trails, no for sure, its not an off trail sled, no way, but for me on the groomed Quebec trails, is all I care about, so for me, yes please.

100% agreed, every sled has it's purpose and ours is Quebec Riding....groomed trails.

I am not a basher of other brands, however I do have one beef with Yamaha. I have friends that ride them, they ride great, have very good power, very dependable, sound incredible, and they give decent fuel mileage .......but they have no range! The fuel tank is too small, why doesn't Yamaha put a bigger tank on them??

I rode with a friend on a 1100 Turbo two winters ago and he got 160 miles on a single tank, mind you there was nothing left in the tank but fumes but he did it!!

Maybe the trails are shorter in the mountains of Japan?!

I do miss the feature of the old Yammi 2 strokes (Ventures/V-Max's/Venoms) having 12 real gallons and another 2.5 gallons in a Tour-Buddy plumbed under the hood. And there was still extra room under the hood for a couple of spare qts of oil. And it was cool how your jacket & bib could stand up by itself after a a few days of fumes!

I don't know, I kinda need to stretch my legs after 100 miles, so refeuling isn't such a bad deal. Good thing there's places like Demaraisville!

I bought the 2007 yamaha because if you read the reviews it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. That was the only machine i've owned that left me stranded outside of Rimuski with a blown chain case. Remmber the first year issues with them as well regarding the chain case, their terrible darting, some had rear shock issues on the GT's, bushings, donuts needing to be replaced, no hand warmers etc. Just to say the year after they had addressed many of these issues but i bailed on it. I traded it and went for the mach z 1000. One of the best sleds I ever owned. Great power, handling, available accessories etc. Never a problem but I guess I was lucky as we know the rep these had. All to say is yes Cat had some issues with the first year sled, I guess my buddy and I were exceptions and had no issues to keep us from running all winter. Have they been addressed. You bet and as one of thea earlier posts said, its the engine and power that will keep you smiling. If you don't want that power i would suggest the ski doo 1200 gsx se i belive is the model. Great creature comforts, decent engine and lots of features for touring and a large dealer network for when you need it.

Mike