RT373 Problems

Andyman

I just read on the French site where a farmer is withholding access to his property effectively closing the 373 and cutting the tour of the lake off. Seems he wants compensation for the use of his land. Does this sound familiar???

Andy

Yup, here we go again.

Time for some permanent trails.

There is no way they can give to some farmers and not others just not gonna work.

Bad plan to start that bullsh*t of paying them for use in the first place.

It will never end now.

Every farmer will have their hand out and hold the club hostage till they get paid.

Bravo well done Saguenay. Great Plan.

I said it when it happened in Saguenay "a very dangerous precedent". That said, it is not the farmers fault for trying to get revenue from their land, the mistake was made by paying them!!

Peer pressure and local business pressue have to be turned up stronger to resolve these desputes, that is the only way to stop this.

Edited by smclelan

Do the landowners get any compensation from the government in the form of tax credits for use of there land? With the amount of money generated by snowmobiling I could see there point. Without the use of there land there would be no trail system. And there are alot of businesses profiting from it.

i can understand the Farmers wanting revenue from their land. It is their right for sure. However, and please I am no expert on the subject and not a farmer, but as i Undertand it, many of these farmers receive incredible tax breaks on their land from the Gov't. If i am wrong then I am wrong. It's just not right for others with less land paying more taxes on it, how is that different then some clubs paying farmers and some not.

Most of these farmers are well compensated in the form of property tax reductions and its time for that to end if they want to play these games. I say cancel the tax breaks they get and see how they like it then.

We need permanent trails there are enough logging roads and hydro-quebec lines it could be done. Where necessary negotiate long term rights of access and forget the yearly hostage negociations.

Very selfish the move by Saguenay to pay the ransom. For sure as you say smclelan "a very dangerous pressident".

It spells doom for Quebec trails if each farmer demands compensation for passage province wide. Then game over.

I believe they receive major tax credits but NOT related to trail passage. Its has nothing to do with trails. They just get the tax breaks.

From other deals made to subsidize the farms and keep them going in Quebec.

Any farmers here? Or Anyone who knows the deal please share. I know one exists for tax breaks now. Just not sure of details.

Do the landowners get any compensation from the government in the form of tax credits for use of there land? With the amount of money generated by snowmobiling I could see there point. Without the use of there land there would be no trail system. And there are alot of businesses profiting from it.

hey

you posted quicker than me!

GutZ