Gathering run from Montreal

Trailblazer

Looks great JG!!

Very impressed that you can do all that yourself!

I am just sick that you had to get yourself home! You should have let me arrange the truck and trailer. Next time...I won't leave you stranded. I will be 'bossy' as Groomer says and just do it!

Linda

Just did 80k this afternoon with a friend, going to be my last ride for a few weeks, Wednesdays forecast is calling for 20-30mm of rain and +10c gonna wipe out everything until a new storm brews up.

Hi JG,

I hope that forecast changes quickly! I don't like the sound of that. I'm heading up Saturday for the week.

Best,

Tom

Chain had only stretched 0.050" links were a little loose but nothing to be alarmed about I just felt that at this amount of mileage it was in my best interest to replace it.

Bearings...I had just changed jack shaft, driveshaft and chain case bearings last season, this time around I just changed the clutch side bearing on the driveshaft as it was the one with a incorrect load on it when we towed the sled for 20 Kim's. Driveshaft was crocked as it was not supported by the other bearing.

Now lets all do the snow dance and pray.

JG

GOOD LUCK , Almost time to RETIRE the old baby from long trips , she deserves to stay around home . almost time for the 2014 and Yamaha is supposed to have something big new in the works. Or you could go for a new CAT

Grumpy I would love to see something new & exciting from Yamaha. I just wonder how much effort companies are going to put into new sleds with the current weather patterns???

Grumpy I would love to see something new & exciting from Yamaha. I just wonder how much effort companies are going to put into new sleds with the current weather patterns???

We can't be stopped! Ride on! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-QzE_i0qwE

JG. did the new wheels fit or did you have to modify ?????? believe it or not i made a offer on a apex today , i must need my head examined .. it was raining today but snow held up , will see tomm ,if i can do demo run on friday

Yup got all new wheels for the rear skid 135mm and a wheel kit for the front of the slides, they're pretty cool look'n too, spoked like the XTX ones. Garage at home was a little busy the last few days, will install on the weekend and see then, then I'll be roll'n.

Turns out the slides were burning prematurely because of the wear on the diameter of the wheels, track was in full contact with the slides, 21k will do

that. Lotta miles, lotta maintenance. 40k here we come.

Buy that Apex and lets ride grandpa, it's been a while since i've had parc rangers chasing me!!!! Ha ha ha

ALWAYS A ADVENTURE , it would be boring if we were too good. Have to break trail somewhere when we don't live out west' .weather here is like a jojo . need a good deal to buy a sled this time of year ,, i am on the fence , sold 1 last year and i quit then bought another one and sold this winter and not shure if i will quit or buy..As i get older and ride less it becomes more impractical.

ALWAYS A ADVENTURE , it would be boring if we were too good. Have to break trail somewhere when we don't live out west' .weather here is like a jojo . need a good deal to buy a sled this time of year ,, i am on the fence , sold 1 last year and i quit then bought another one and sold this winter and not shure if i will quit or buy..As i get older and ride less it becomes more impractical.

Grumpy,

Like I told Trailblazer my buddy has a mint 2006 Apex Attack with 1200 miles on it if your interested, alot of extras. Might be able to pick it up cheap. he can't ride any more and wants to sell it.

Grumpy,

Like I told Trailblazer my buddy has a mint 2006 Apex Attack with 1200 miles on it if your interested, alot of extras. Might be able to pick it up cheap. he can't ride any more and wants to sell it.

I already told him about it.......sent you a PM asking for more information, don't forget my commision. 8)

send me the info ..price etc. damage //? PHOTOS he can email me @ kellybrion@hotmail.com ....thanks

The sled is mint, garage kept the 1200 miles I beleive was the Gaspe loop. It's studded, saddle bags, tank and dash bag. I beleive he's asking $5000 the color is blue.

I'm hoping on 2 more trips up North so I could throw it in the trailer.

you have to send the all clear ,no recalls letter and all the other paperwork ,, registration and probably bill of sale , etc. A full three 3 days ahead to us customs export so they can check that its not stolen , etc , and when you arrive with the sled you pick up the paperwork from usa customs export all signed and proceed to canada customs and decale it there , pay the small tax there probably $ 100.00 , get there stamped paperwork and come thru to canada ,, the RIV paperwork is done up here by the buyer ONLINE . and he gets the inspection and pays the big tax up here at the bureau . I did this last year when i had a friend bring me a sled from new hampshure .. A bit of a pain but not bad...