March 23/24, not over yet!

markusvt

Day 1:

Headed out of Mattiwin this morning on our way over to Mekoo's, Went via the M20 and Repos, then Matawan for lunch and gas. Lunch was very good. Last was down to Mekoos. All fresh groomed except the last 30 miles, and the groomer just headed out to groom that! The trails in and out of Repos were great. lt looked like the 33 south was groomed, don't know how far?

The conditions are superb doesn't get any better. Low traffic and so much snow! They got us in a really nice cabin for the night, maybe we can stay till the snow melts? A+++ service.

206 on the day, with some paying around in the middle.

post-464-0-99397100-1364085928_thumb.jpg

post-464-0-35378100-1364085942_thumb.jpg

Edited by markusvt

Day 2:

We headed out in the AM after an AWESOME breakfast at Mekoo's. The 319 to the 322 was awesome and fresh groomed. The 322 to the 63 was a bit thin in spots, but nice and fun. Back tracking the 3 miles on the 63 to get gas in La' Annountion was a bit rough with no snow on the road and bridge, but it worked. The 63 to the junction down to St-Donut was great, (except for 2 miles in the middle plowed to dirt for logging.)

Riding the 63 into St-Michael was 25 miles of snowcross bumps. Plenty of snow, but man was it rough. Bright and sunny and warm made it bearable, kind of. Gas in St-Michael and off to Cabinon for 15 more miles of crap trails, (but very good snow!), and lunch. I remember now why I avoid the area at all costs. Lunch was awesome, and very few customers for lunch or in the lot. Next we headed out to Mattiwin. Again, snowcross bumps for the first 25 miles, then very nice trails the rest of the way in for 236 miles on the day. Mattiwin had their groomer out again the night before tweaking everything up!

Mattiwin has done an awesome job with the grooming this year, and I mean awesome. Lots of sleds, trails have been smooth, and you never see them out? They really have done great.

So are we finally done? I think so, unless I get a call for next week-end.

5100 miles on the year for me, great season.

Now what to get next year, another 1200, or over to the dark side and get a 800?

Edited by markusvt

"So are we finally done? I think so, unless I get a call for next week-end."

Don't post that and not your phone number!LOL

Mark, i think we ran the same stuff LOL!

Your report is just about the same as mine.

We must've been seperated by an hour or less.

Day 2:

We headed out in the AM after an AWESOME breakfast at Mekoo's. The 319 to the 322 was awesome and fresh groomed. The 322 to the 63 was a bit thin in spots, but nice and fun. Backtracking the 3 miles on the 63 to get gas in La' Annountion was a bit rough with no snow on the road and bridge, but it worked. The 63 to the junction down to St-Donut was great, (except for 2 miles in the middle plowed to dirt for logging.)

Riding the 63 into St-Michael was 25 miles of snowcross bumps. Plenty of snow, but man was it rough. Bright and sunny and warm made it bearable, kind of. Gas in St-Michael and off to Cabinon for 15 more miels of crap trails and lunch. I remember now why I avoid the area at all costs. Lunch was awesome, and very few customers for lunch or in the lot. Next we headed out to Mattiwin. Again, snowcross bumps for the first 25 miles, then very nice trails the rest of the way in for 236 miles on the day. Mattiwin had their groomer out again the night before tweaking everything up!

Mattiwin has done an awesome job with the grooming this year, and I mean awesome. Lots of sleds, trails have been smooth, and you never see them out? They really have done great.

So are we finally done? I think so, unless I get a call for next week-end.

5100 miles on the year for me, great season.

Now what to get next year, another 1200, or over to the dark side and get a 800?

Nice report, St Micheal and Cabanon area always rough trails in the afternoon. I always park the truck there, Trails are great when we leave (first out) and crap when we get back in the afternoon several days later.

Mark,

Did you sit back in the corner in the dining room at Mekoos?

If so we about 3 tables away.

Now that is a commercial for having a QR emblem on your hat, gear or sweater! Or...take me...I would have just gone over and asked! lol

We stayed Friday Night so i guess it wasn't you. I could've asked but then it might seem silly asking....Are you "markusvt"....lol. I could end up with a black eye or something with some of the names we have.

Think i'll opt for the sticker!

Headed up thurs night to Monday. Gonna doo a stupid loop. It ain't over till that Fat Walrus sings my friends. Peace out till next year and thanks to all that have made this forum the best Canadian trail report site in existence.

markusvt, rode some of those same trails last weekend also, stayed at la glaciere where I met a friend of yours, Todd, the tree guy. Too bad about the trails being perfect then junk, it was definitely not a happy time around St Michelle , St Zenon (on the trails I mean) had a blast with my friend Lionel at La Glaciere sending the seaon out in style.

How many days until winter ?

Mark

Nice meeting you snowdogs! Rest of the trip went well, my brother and I rode to gouin Sunday morning had an awesome walleye dinner and washed it down with a couple 12% diable beers slept well on the memory foam mattress. Headed back Monday with perfect blue sky. 650 miles for the 3 days and a perfect end of season ride. Hope to see you up there next year. New owner of la glacier seems to be a real nice guy. Todd

Hi Prox1138, good meeting you also, got home and headed up to Newport for a 2 day rigging job. Yes Lionel is a really good guy and trying very hard to earn a good reputation at la Glaciere, see you next winter unless we may do some work together before that, I gave your card to my friend/boss and he aprreciated it, never know when us crane guys might be able to benefit each other. Mark