Last ride, Mt Valin

800steve

Left Thursday morning for Mt Valin and the Sledmag gathering. Stopped at Letape and trails looked good so we unloaded and rode 125 miles, soft, but very good. On to Jonquire.

Friday morning up early and up to the Mt. Unloaded at the first drop area on the way to Auberge 31, And it looked great. The trails froze up the night before and were awsome all the way up to 93. Went to 31 and ran into Greg du Vermont and the rest of the Mag crew.Artic Cat trailer was there with all of there new sleds. We got to test ride them, fun. Went riding from there, may have been the best conditions all year. Went to Onachaway, down Bras Louis, back up 93 to the loops in mt Valin est, all perfectly groomed with blue skys and mid 30 temps. 220 miles not a bump.

Saturday a little later start. Same starting point, same results. Perfect, blue skys, warm temps. all groomed overnite.Down 93 to the Chute waterfall, Around the 252 and the 254, back to Auberge 31. Great turn out for Sled mag bash. Blue skys and snow, no dirt.Already on the list of trips for next year. 200 miles today. Was well worth the ride.

PS Thanks to Greg and the Sledmag crew for the help with my new sled issue. A great bunch of people and a great time.

I need to discuss with my psychiatrist why I can't wait for,the first ride in Monts Valin in early December with marginal conditions and short days, yet can't get myself to go up in April for this...

Its a long summer.We also talked about this on the way back.Next year we said no Dec trip. I guess we will see in December?

Did you get to ride the Yamacat? If so thoughts?

Did ride it. The reps said it is not dailed in yet, and its not. Ride and handles great, but not impressed by the motor setup yet. I am guessing they will get it right by winter, but hard to get a good impression by how these ran.

Did ride it. The reps said it is not dailed in yet, and its not. Ride and handles great, but not impressed by the motor setup yet. I am guessing they will get it right by winter, but hard to get a good impression by how these ran.

Can you elaborate on that little more? Clutching? Usually it's the other way around with a new sled.

Can you elaborate on that little more? Clutching? Usually it's the other way around with a new sled.

Rep said they have a reflash waiting for them when they get back. Felt powerful, but not fast reving like the nytro.

post-174-0-87725300-1364919565_thumb.jpgIt was an incredible event. The temperatures were perfect, the blue skies incredible and the snow and trail conditions were awesome. 1,000's of people in attendance throughout the day.

We definitely need to make this a season ending QR event. It was great seeing Steve and Andy and they were warmly welcomed by all of my SledMagazine.com team members.

One of the Motoneiges.ca / SledMagazine.com objectives for this event was to have excellent trail conditions and by all accounts the effort was a success. The groomer was in near constant operation and the raffle with our partners Kimpex, and Snow Tracker raised close to $1,000 towards the extra grooming.

I didn't ride much on Saturday and still logged 505 miles while there. I left yesterday morning to 6+" of fresh snow. Broke trail 20 miles from lac Casey back to my truck at the 31, loaded my sled with a tear in my eye and 7 hours later I was back in Vermont with my season now just an incredible group of memories. Ciel et Neige 2.0, 2014 put it on your bucket list.