Minister of Transport Directive to Clubs

iceman

Article on CMIQ site saying again that the minister of Transport is telling clubs to come up with a plan to cut trails by next season by 20%. Man this is not good. Let us hope it's all alot of hot air.

In the meantime enjoy every trail you get to ride this year cause it may be gone next year.

Think of how many trail passes will not be bought then.

Unreal this is just unthinkable to me. Once they do something like this and crowd more people on less trails it will be finished. Old Forge North.

Winter in the Caribbean is where I will be. Margaritaville.

Ice Man I'm Seriously thinking about off trails adventures … Don't need to do big miles/km just fun … I love the back woods stuff ...

Scandic 24" WT or a mountain sled 162"

Two different kinds of fun but both off trail sleds for your adventures

Ice Man I'm Seriously thinking about off trails adventures … Don't need to do big miles/km just fun … I love the back woods stuff ...

That is sounding better and better. These days.

Why would they want to do this? Do they give a reason?

If it's money just raise the price of the pass. That is 1/5 of the trails cut. Makes no sense to me.

I'm betting there will be a lot of us that look elsewhere. I'm not sure where but elsewhere if they do this.

Put it this way, if the pass is $300 and they need to raise it 20% then it's another $60. Make it $375 and be done with it. I'm not loaded with cash but we drop that much of an increase per person per night up there. I'm willing to pay to keep it viable but if they shrink it they are going to feel it.

Edited by gizz

Sad for sure, are they asking the same of the VTT clubs? I notice more VTT trails in Shawinigan and Mount Laurier and sharing trails with them in some areas. 20% reduction would be a real kick for the far north clubs.

I think the Pass for VTT is like $75 for the year. But for sure not as much trail maintenance required. In the (spring,summer,fall)

But i can tell you they groom (here near me) that VTT trail a hell of alot more times all winter then they do the TQ3 running right next to it. So they got the money i guess.

Edited by iceman

VTT pass is 180$ per year and a 6 month pass beginning on May 1st is 100$, the club I had recently been with for the last few years Club Hibou Blanc, last I heard snowmobile passes vs vtt passes were around 100 to 800, not sure what today's figures are like but that's the last I heard.

Also in Duhamel where my country home is, the vtt trails in the winter are not groomed rather they are plowed, not sure if that's a regional procedure or a Provincial, maybe Iceman can shed some light on this for the Shawinagan area.

Here in this area the use a Groomer and drag just like the Snowmobile Club. No Plowing. And they do it alot. The Quad trail here has been groomed 3-4 times already. Sled trail 0 times.

I understand the huge difference in quads to sleds for sure. You can Quad all year. So for 2$ a day you got a pass for all year.

Edited by iceman

Hey JG

Dunhamel that is where the Deer outnumber the People there yes?

I remeber well there the herds of deer just chilling out on the trail and lining both sides as we passed. Was Crazy!

Certainly a VTT stronghold that area. Alot of VTT action there.

trailblazer passes for hibou blanc have been about 400 for years now but alot of people have dropped out of the club including the directors , so i think the PASS count will be down this year.. vtt. have more members , not shure the numbers but they are losing trails too because a few people cant use common sense , like the trail leaving rigaud now is for sleds only .. up north the same thing .. its getting harder to connect these days . SO like crasysnow says its the fun not the big miles ,, thats why i am trying a crossover . to play in lower mountains and maybe a few trips per year. we have lost a lot of trail in the last 30 years. hope for more trails in the future.