Mont-Valin access while Dubuc Bridge is closed

For several days now, the Dubuc bridge across the Saguenay River in Chicoutimi is not accessible to cars. Fortunately, there are many bypasses travelers can use to cross safely from one bank to another. The following information is intended to snowmobilers who want to visit the north shore of Saguenay where is the massif des Monts-Valin.

For those who want to cross with a trailer: the Carcajou bridge (Alma), Kénogami Bridge (Jonquière) and Tadoussac ferry are bypasses recommended. Note that it is impossible to cross with a trailer on the Arvida aluminum bridge whoever, cars are allowed.
For those who want to cross with their snowmobile: Trans-Quebec Trail #23 in Alma (Île-Maligne bridge) and Tadoussac ferry are bypasses recommended. Note that it is impossible to cross by snowmobile on the Arvida aluminum bridge (Regional Trail #367 ) and on the local path of Saint-Charles-de-Bourget, because the Saguenay River is still not enough safe.
Lastest news about the bridge and sled trails are available at www.snowmobilersparadise.com or at Snowmobilers Saguenay Club web site
Here is the map of the Saguenay bypasses :

post-562-0-01438300-1387403856_thumb.jpg

They were supposed to make arrangements for passage of sleds on Aluminum bridge last I knew. It is closed for construction but they said it would be open for sleds. Maybe Saguenay Bill knows the deal there or can find out for sure.

After I posted I took his advice and read the club page. From there I gathered that the Aluminum bridge access was closed temporarily to coincide with the Duboc bridge closing. The club site made it sound like the Aluminum bridge will reopen when Duboc bridge opens. Maybe Tourism can confirm.

hi all !!

just saw a report about bridge !!

it ll open tomorrow at 5 am ,one lane for each directions only and for LIGHT TRAFFIC ONLY !!!!!

those carrying sleds you still invited to use detour !!!

heavy traffic not before a week !!!

jean-guy

They were supposed to make arrangements for passage of sleds on Aluminum bridge last I knew. It is closed for construction but they said it would be open for sleds. Maybe Saguenay Bill knows the deal there or can find out for sure.

Don

Here is what I just heard from my contact.

The Aluminum bridge was suppose to be open to the groomer and snowmobiles but due to the Dubuc bridge closing, they opened it to cars. Tonight the Saguenay Club has a meeting to try to get this cleared up. The Saguenay club's trails will be 95% open by this weekend. They are not sure yet if the river crossing at St Charles is safe yet. To get to Alma you will have to go by 83 to La Grennouille and then the local trail. 383 will not go to Alma this year.

When I hear more I'll post it.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Dubac Bridge is open one lane both ways, No trucks with trailers. Aluminum bridge is closed. Only way across is a bridge about 10 miles west, but I dont see it on the map, but sleds are using it to cross. Its a real MESS. We put on a few extra miles trying to get across, a real comedy to talk about next year.

ridg

Dubac Bridge is open one lane both ways, No trucks with trailers. Aluminum bridge is closed. Only way across is a bridge about 10 miles west, but I dont see it on the map, but sleds are using it to cross. Its a real MESS. We put on a few extra miles trying to get across, a real comedy to talk about next year.

The other bridge, to cross by car, is only 1/2 mile, west, from Aluminum bridge.Trail 383 crosses it just past the ski hill, Mt Fortin, if heading west on 383.

It is not a crossing by sled, car only.

Sleds are using now. May not be legal, but lots of tracks.The trail crosses the road aout 100 yards from the bridge on the south side, but it looks like a ride to get to a trail on the north.

According to google translate and http://www.motoneigesaguenay.com/

December 21, 2013 - 9:23 - Director

The Aluminium and Chute bridge Caron are open to snowmobilers and it is important to follow tes signaling, follow speed limits and respect our rights of way which are very fragile on the grounds of Rio Tinto Alcan. If these conditions are not met we will lose our privilege.

Just heard from my contact, the Aluminum bridge was closed to traffic Friday so the club could cover it with snow and then opened to snowmobiles on Saturday. For now it will stay only open to sleds and the groomer. Most all trails are open in the Saguenay.

Edited by Saguenay Bill