Gaspe loop

viper2

Nice report Rick. Thanks for sharing. we will make our first Gaspie trip in about 3 weeks. We will probably stay mostly on 5 around around the shore. This will be our first time there. Just started planning some of our possible stops last night. We are leaving from the Universel in RDL.

Mike wil you be there 2/28?

Nice report Rick. Thanks for sharing. we will make our first Gaspie trip in about 3 weeks. We will probably stay mostly on 5 around around the shore. This will be our first time there. Just started planning some of our possible stops last night. We are leaving from the Universel in RDL.

Mike wil you be there 2/28?

Dave if my memory serves me I think it is about 950 miles around the outside starting and ending at RDL. If you have never been to the Gaspe try to plan on a little shorter days mileage wise than you are used to definitely want to take in some of the views. If you have time try to do something in the interior those trails are the gems of the Gaspe. 597 loop through Matepedia from PALC and coming out at groomers club is also a real nice option.

Dave if my memory serves me I think it is about 950 miles around the outside starting and ending at RDL. If you have never been to the Gaspe try to plan on a little shorter days mileage wise than you are used to definitely want to take in some of the views. If you have time try to do something in the interior those trails are the gems of the Gaspe. 597 loop through Matepedia from PALC and coming out at groomers club is also a real nice option.

Thanks for the advise. We are going to plan this trip on the go for the most part. 1000 miles around the outer loop is already shortening up our days. Cant seem to slow Sharon down anymore. LOL! We had already planned on a night at Murdochville. We figured with this our first time we should stick primarily to the outer loop (subject to change) and then next time??

It's all good Dave, but if I were to cut something out it would be the part around the northern tip down to Gaspe usually not groomed the best and kind of forgettable. Some very nice trails out there but not all are wide fast trails like you may be used to in other areas of Quebec. Some days if you want to do big miles it will require more time on the trail than what you are used to. Have fun, I am heading up to Maine in about 2 weeks

Here ya go.

Hotel Universel

311, boul. Hôtel-de-Ville

Rivière-du-Loup (Québec) Canada

G5R 5S4

Telephone : 418 862-9520

Toll-free : 1 800 265-0072

Fax : 418 862-2205

hi viper !!!

nice pics !!!

i left clubhouse around 10 hrs 30 am the day you came !!

if i can call that a storm....winds stopped around 3 pm yesterday and maybe 5-6'' of fresh snow ...

i park groomer just next to that bridge...first exit on the right...

on my way to groom tq 5 and a local trail in half an hr...

-20c this morning !!!

jean-guy

when is the winter meet down there this year , i am going down with a group the second week of march.