Stop for the Stop Signs

iceman

Cause most people don't get a second chance, like this guy did today in Champlain. He should be buying some lottery tickets.

I bet that Apex put a hurting on that small car.

Luckily this guy walked away apprently.

post-211-0-70975300-1457155132_thumb.jpeg

By the size of the banks maybe the stop sign was covered or knocked over.Not all of them have the warning stop sign ahead of the real one and it could have been hidden as well..

Have to always be careful especially the roads that are just over the crest of a hill.

By the size of the banks maybe the stop sign was covered or knocked over.Not all of them have the warning stop sign ahead of the real one and it could have been hidden as well..

Have to always be careful especially the roads that are just over the crest of a hill.

Yup! We're seeing lots of high banks and partially buried signs this week. Groomer ops really need to open up crossings + be sure signs at crossings are FULLY VISIBLE!

X2 on that.

Up in LSJ I saw lots of road crossings with buried signs and snow banks too high to see any on coming traffic either way, could've easily happened in a white out condition.

In any case that guy is a very lucky man/boy.

Yup! We're seeing lots of high banks and partially buried signs this week. Groomer ops really need to open up crossings + be sure signs at crossings are FULLY VISIBLE!

Snowmobiling takes place in remote areas with extreme changes happening very quickly with weather, wind, and snow conditions. All riders should ride in control and expecting the unexpected at all times, being responsible for their own safety. Riders should not expect groomer operators to have every sign and intersection 100% all the time, this is not reasonable.

Snowmobiling takes place in remote areas with extreme changes happening very quickly with weather, wind, and snow conditions. All riders should ride in control and expecting the unexpected at all times, being responsible for their own safety. Riders should not expect groomer operators to have every sign and intersection 100% all the time, this is not reasonable.

Apologies Steven. My intent was not to put the responsibility onto the operator but to point out that they ARE responsible FOR making road crossings safe. It is a 'best practice' to open the road crossing for snowmobiles to be able to see / be seen. (I believe ACSA). Simply crossing a road and leaving banks high and at the width of the drag is not an acceptable practice. Operators should use their blade when crossing a road to push banks back and to the side to widen the openings. One side can be done traveling each way.

Riders should always expect the unexpected but those that maintain the trails should do all they can to eliminate hazardous conditions.

(I am a part time operator and make this comment with some experience)