Who is planning PQ Sled trips??

smclelan

Just wondering how many people are planning sledding trips to Quebec this winter. How many trips, how many days, when, and to what region?

I will start:

Trip #1 First weekend in January for the last five years I have done a three to four day Gaspe loup. It is ususally my first trip of the season. I certianly plan to do it this year.

Trip #2 Looks like that will be to 100 Lakes for the Quebec Rider get together. Looks like Andyman and I will be traveling on that one. I expect it to be 7-9 days.

Trip #3 Another Long weekend somewhere in eastern Quebec. I haven't got this one planned yet. However I always try to do at least 3 trips per winter. Maybe this winter I will do 4!!

We will make just one trip to PQ but will be another long trip. We will proably strat out from REALS head up to LAC ST-JEAN Want to ride with Bill for few days if he will have me, then up north shore cross over to Gaspe go around then cross over to NB and take a tour around there and maybe part of Maine back into PQ and do eastern townships , been a few years since we rode there. Cross over river and back to where we will leave our truck. :good::drinks:

We will make just one trip to PQ but will be another long trip. We will proably strat out from REALS head up to LAC ST-JEAN Want to ride with Bill for few days if he will have me, then up north shore cross over to Gaspe go around then cross over to NB and take a tour around there and maybe part of Maine back into PQ and do eastern townships , been a few years since we rode there. Cross over river and back to where we will leave our truck. :good::drinks:

farmerold it will be my pleasure to ride with you. You, my friend are welcome anytime.

farmerold,

WOW! That is one AWESOME trip! :good: Enjoy and BE SAFE! I am truly jealous!

Shane

Well, Here we go.

Looks like Trip #1 might be Thanksgiving weekend up to Valin.

Trip #2 will be to try and attend the Quebec rider gathering in Feb. Hopefully starting at my camp in NH and doing the entire trip by sled. Can be in Quebec city in one day so should be fine.

Trip #3 Some time after the 1st of march, Maybe the Gaspe again for a long weekend or a full week.

Sled should be ready to go in the next two weeks. It's already registered here in NH. Just need to hook up with Bill for my Quebec pass.

-T-Day or earlier in Valin

-Jan in LSJ

-Feb in LaMalbaie

-March in LSJ/Valin

dates and times subject to change without notice. more trips if my youngest brother is allowed into canada.

Think Snow!

Gutz

2 inches the week of the 23rd fell in pittsburgh NH. gone by 8am

Well, Here we go.

Looks like Trip #1 might be Thanksgiving weekend up to Valin.

Trip #2 will be to try and attend the Quebec rider gathering in Feb. Hopefully starting at my camp in NH and doing the entire trip by sled. Can be in Quebec city in one day so should be fine.

Trip #3 Some time after the 1st of march, Maybe the Gaspe again for a long weekend or a full week.

Sled should be ready to go in the next two weeks. It's already registered here in NH. Just need to hook up with Bill for my Quebec pass.

Great mines think alike I guess??? :good:

Just about the same thoughts I had.

As for the early ride T day, if I doo it will be arriving Sunday after Tday and ride until ??? depends on conditions.

As for your trip #2, I almost did it last season, left Tamworth NH and headed North, got to the border and changed my mine. :wacko: The conditions was right for it last season for sure, maybe see what this season brings. Last year will be hard to beat.

And lets not forget the Saguenay area, that will be my primary riding area.

And last but not least, I was talking to smclelan at the summer get together about the Gaspe, and he told me about and outfitter Camp Haute Madeliene .

Would like to bring the wife out that way, and at least doo half of the loop? see what happens.

Steven

we're planning 4 trips to La Belle Province this winter.

1. a tune up run: quick zip to the Monts Valins the end of the first week of december. mebbee we'll get lucky, over that time period last year, we had rideable snow in Lenaudiere that weekend and saved ourselves 5 hours each way not having to ride up to the Monts.

2. the incomparable quebec rider gathering at Cent Lacs, 20 and 21 january, 09!!! we're incorporating this event into our Astounding Potatoe Brothers "21st Annual Quebec Boy's Run" january trip. we'll be leaving my place in st-donat on saturday 17 january and returning to st-donat the following weekend. we'll start out by running down to montebello, running the river up to ft-coulonge, then up to joncas and on to senneterre (if that new private trail is open again this winter). we'll run a little of abitibi, then over to cent lacs late in the day on tue the 20th. we'll enjoy a day's ride and evening partying with the lads on the 21st, then leave cent lacs on thurs the 22nd. we hope to loop around thru casey and on down to repos; then back to st-donat.

3. not sure exactly when, but we'll be bringing the ladies on our annual couples week ride, sometime in february.

4. we'll do some kind of screwey season finalie in march. not sure exactly what yet. most probably will either take snowcoach one and the six sled trailer to mt-laurier; off load and head up thru matagami and attempt to do the ride we had planned two years ago, to radison; or, trailer to baie-ste-catherine, off-load and see if we can get from blanc-sablon on around the corner to labrador on that highly ellusive new trail we've been hearing about. some of the young bucks keep talking about schefferville, so ????

anyhoo, we're stoked about the quebec rider cent lacs gathering and look forward to seeing some of you lads there.

timbo

• 3 months later...

Looking like now our first trip is going to be December 30th, if the trails are ready. Macdav and I are heading up for 4-5 days. A squirt in the Gaspe and down toward the Baie Saint Laurent & Chaudiere Appalaches regions. Hopefully get 800 miles or so, just an easy run. Both sled will be new and want to break them in correctly.

:drinks: Now that is the one ride we all strive for. Have fun and report back with pic's..... Please.

Trip #1

Heading to Mt. Tremblent park Dec 20-24 in a few days. Plan to stay at Esterel resort and explore up to the park, St Come and St. Zenon, Never rode in this area before and want to make the best of a few days to get some miles on before christmas.

Trip #2

Going to Seguenay to stay at the HI with Bill and ride that region from Jan 20-25. Plan to catch Mt Valin, the ride out to the Ferry at Toudousac and up north to see the cave.

Trip #3

Taking the whole family to stay with Jocelyne at Motel Safari March 3-8 in Shawinigan, Maurice area. Plan to ride to the Ice Hotel, catch Pub 57 downtown and end the week at Lac Blanc to get a sled dog ride. Hopefully not too cold, kids are 13 and 7 and usually Ok above 10 F.

Otherwise, hopefully Feb 09 provides snow here in PA or I will have to go on a search mission for the white gold again.

Enjoy the season and ride safe!!!

How are you and how did your trip go last year , did you make it across ontario ?, Looks like a good start for this season and we may see you out there sometime...

How are you and how did your trip go last year , did you make it across ontario ?, Looks like a good start for this season and we may see you out there sometime...

Hi Brion we are fine and trip went real well for us yes we made it across Ont. .I posted a report on trip on this site go to page 5 here it's farmerold and joni extened trip.. :D :good::drinks: