Sign in to follow this  
nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Great conditions ééé

Recommended Posts

Traveled through the park on the 175 black trail on Monday, sadly not without incident. In the end, all is well. 

Conditions are optimum out of the Delta. 

Below are a few photos of my wife & daughter from the top of Mont Apica. 

Those on the fence, trying to consider whether or not to jump should make the trek.

 

IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Traveled through the park on the 175 black trail on Monday, sadly not without incident. In the end, all is well. 

Conditions are optimum out of the Delta. 

Below are a few photos of my wife & daughter from the top of Mont Apica. 

Those on the fence, trying to consider whether or not to jump should make the trek.

 

IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

Where about is this lookout tower located? Definitely would like to check it out this February we missed it last season. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mont Apica ....75 miles + - south of Saguenay, (Hotel Delta) directly off trail # 23. The Mont Apica Relais with fuel & food is only a minute south of the turn off for the tower.  An easy 10 minute +  - climb from the turn off to the tower. 

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dooright said:

Having a "incident" is typically never good !  

Roads were ICY to say it kindly. Fortunately we came out of our incident well. Others not so fortunate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Roads were ICY to say it kindly. Fortunately we came out of our incident well. Others not so fortunate. 

That’s just another day on the 175 when weather is bad. Happens all the time. Unfortunately usually much more lethal. 

That there, “big trucks, big bucks $$$$$$$”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again great conditions, albeit it was warm @ 20F.  

We trekked to the cave & then over to KM31.  Check out the size of the icicle laying at the base of the entrance to the cave. 

On the return, from KM31, for the first time, we dropped into the IMAGO Village for a quick look around & refreshment. Neat place

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

 

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Mont Apica ....75 miles + - south of Saguenay, (Hotel Delta) directly off trail # 23. The Mont Apica Relais with fuel & food is only a minute south of the turn off for the tower.  An easy 10 minute +  - climb from the turn off to the tower. 

Is the Mont Apica Relais open daily , just wondering if we’d be able to get fuel down that way? Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relais Mont Apica....Yes open daily.. If you speak french give them a jingle or write to them on FB. If you are going to write & you do not write French consider using Google translator to translate your English to French & their response from French to English. Far from perfect but I find when I use Google translatorI can make out the gist of the point.  

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 3.45.45 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Google translator to translate your English to French & their response from French to English. Far from perfect

Exactly but it does work

its English to French and vice versa, on google translate not English to Québécois a big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Fortunately we came out of our incident well.

Glad to hear. 

(Is that a binky in the back seat?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Glad to hear. 

(Is that a binky in the back seat?)

Playhard, too funny. Great observation skills. I had to review the video to see what you were referring too. I guess you could call it a sugar binky.  It is a powdered-sugar sour candy. I think it is called "bottle pop". Our daughter picked it up @ L'etape.

Thursday was another great day. We rode up and around Mount Vilain where we reunited with Anniik & Martin. We closed out the afternoon by dropping down to relais Resto-Bar La Grenouille. 

Cold weather has arrived. On the return from La Grenouille to the hotel as the sun was setting it was quite obvious the temperature had dropped significantly. The forecast is predicting a low of minus 17 and a high of minus 6. Those taking advantage of the free snowmobile weekend that starts tomorrow, Saturday the 18th, be sure to dress appropriately.  

For us today, we will travel the black trail. It was a great few days. Weather & conditions were optimum and the company I was in topped it out. So it was a trifecta for us. Scheduled to return in mid-February. 

Stay safe all. 

Paddy O 

Mt Vilain .JPG

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.12.32 AM.png

#3.jpg

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was minus 22F traveling on the 175 black trail through the park this morning. All in all the trek was uneventful, thankfully  

 

As always, it was great seeing some of the Q.R. members. 

 

Pat, Gary, smooth, hard-packed trails await you. Safe travels to Quebec. I hope our paths cross in February.

 

Gutz brothers, sorry we missed you on this journey.

 

IMG_4376.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jak said:

Get those snow tires on Paddy! How does your daughter like Quebec? Sounds like you had a great time. See you next month.

Summer loved her first trip to Quebec. Here are a few photos of Summer on her maiden voyage with the new 2020 - 900T. Normally I would have liked for her to ride it first in Pittsburg in case of any hidden gremlins but we didn't have the choice so we rolled the dice & thankfully the sled ran flawlessly.  She enjoyed the lengthy straightaways in the blueberry fields. Additionally, we had the weather in our favor. Had it been this weekend with the frigid temps I don't think she would have enjoyed it as much. We are blessed. 

Summer 5.jpg

Summer 6.jpg

Summer 1.jpg

Summer 2.jpg

Summer 3.jpg

Summer 4.jpg

Summer 7 .jpg

Summer 8 .jpg

Summer 9 .jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NSHM said:

Who names a snowmobiler Summer?  lol

Ha ha ..very true. If we had only known. Summer started riding snowmobiles with me at age 8. Loves the snowmobile, refuses to ride the ATV or HD. If my memory serves me right I put a 1+1 seat on my 2006 MXZ-X 800 while her older sister Taylor inherited my 2000 MXZ 700. 

Aside from moving up from a 2013 - 600 ACE Renegade & currently running a brand new, out of the box, 2020 900T Summer is a very fortunate young lady for many reasons. One of which, in October 2017, at the age of 20, Summer was in Memorial Sloan Kettering here in Manhattan where she underwent liver resection surgery. Since recovering Summer hasn't missed a beat. Her surgeon states Summer is the poster child for liver resection & wishes everyone could do as well as she did. Needless to say, it is a delight to see Summer so happy on the sled, loving life & wanting to spend time with family while on winter break from her last few months in college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Ha ha ..very true. If we had only known. Summer started riding snowmobiles with me at age 8. Loves the snowmobile, refuses to ride the ATV or HD. If my memory serves me right I put a 1+1 seat on my 2006 MXZ-X 800 while her older sister Taylor inherited my 2000 MXZ 700. 

Aside from moving up from a 2013 - 600 ACE Renegade & currently running a brand new, out of the box, 2020 900T Summer is a very fortunate young lady for many reasons. One of which, in October 2017, at the age of 20, Summer was in Memorial Sloan Kettering here in Manhattan where she underwent liver resection surgery. Since recovering Summer hasn't missed a beat. Her surgeon states Summer is the poster child for liver resection & wishes everyone could do as well as she did. Needless to say, it is a delight to see Summer so happy on the sled, loving life & wanting to spend time with family while on winter break from her last few months in college. 

Thats an awesome story! I mean a brand new 900T wow!  Oh yeah,and the liver thing is pretty cool too! Keep racking up the miles and smiles!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 8:24 PM, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Ha ha ..very true. If we had only known. Summer started riding snowmobiles with me at age 8. Loves the snowmobile, refuses to ride the ATV or HD. If my memory serves me right I put a 1+1 seat on my 2006 MXZ-X 800 while her older sister Taylor inherited my 2000 MXZ 700. 

Aside from moving up from a 2013 - 600 ACE Renegade & currently running a brand new, out of the box, 2020 900T Summer is a very fortunate young lady for many reasons. One of which, in October 2017, at the age of 20, Summer was in Memorial Sloan Kettering here in Manhattan where she underwent liver resection surgery. Since recovering Summer hasn't missed a beat. Her surgeon states Summer is the poster child for liver resection & wishes everyone could do as well as she did. Needless to say, it is a delight to see Summer so happy on the sled, loving life & wanting to spend time with family while on winter break from her last few months in college. 

Very heartwarming story about your daughter. Glad she bounced right back and is doing well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this