Sign in to follow this  
iceman

Team Iceman 2020 #3 Abitibi

Recommended Posts

I like your idea, wait the Storm Out and head back on Friday towards chez ice and hopefully you get as close to home as possible to save Taxi/ flatbed/waiting time. But I definitely wouldn't ride farther away...

jmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brand new sleds and you still can't trust them. Maybe they should come out with a warranty that when your sled breaks down they deliver another one to you within 24 hours and pick yours up to repair it. Sorry for your troubles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zeusand said:

I like your idea, wait the Storm Out and head back on Friday towards chez ice and hopefully you get as close to home as possible to save Taxi/ flatbed/waiting time. But I definitely wouldn't ride farther away...

jmo

Not an issue. Truck and trailer here. We are good to get back. It’s just a matter of do we chance it and ride it more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, iceman said:

Not an issue. Truck and trailer here. We are good to get back. It’s just a matter of do we chance it and ride it more?

Give it a good nights sleep and the answer will be clear in the AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, viper2 said:

Give it a good nights JACK DANIELS and the answer will be clear in the AM

F#ck sh*t!

Sounds like gut & head says don't play around with storm stuckage. 

Feel free to boogie the rig east and Yammi it up out of Reggie's.

 

Screenshot_20190905-211735_Instagram_1567732700338_edit.thumb.jpg.4f6393c9d0d284e2cb3348cd519477f8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad stator happened to us on a trip once. What we did and the sled ran fine all day, unplug headlights and hand warmers. If it starts snowing hard try running just one light.

Now for us it was an Apex with a bad stator and like I said earlier it ran great all day like this. Not sure if it would have the same outcome with a Ski-Doo but worth a try IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man am I saddened to hear about the sled trouble Ice. At least the fu%@er ain’t sitting on the trail somewhere dead. 

Im the first one up here At Faillon. Again 13 sleds in parking lot all with Quebec plates. Only American here again.

you said the truck is where ?  There have only been two times over the years I was dead stranded with a sled. Once on a solo trip I woke up in St Quentin NB and didn’t even make it out of town and piston went. Truck was down by Sherbrooke.....great story. The next time was smack dab in the middle of Matagami and Amos trail and truck was at LeDomaine......another good story.

man I’m no mechanic either but if the sled is low on stator voltage would unhooking the headlights help ?? ( could run sled in middle of a tight pack for safety) I would assume at some point in the voltage/amp drop the computer is shutting it down. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Chris, were will be on the trail by 8am. 225 miles to get to lombre. suposede to snow, who knows how nuch. but our plan is to go and get there, see you there, Bob.

Where are you at this a.m. Bob ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iceman said:

26 February Wednesday 

continued......

now I am no mechanic but when the mechanic plugged in sled and ran , showing 32 output from Stator, he says supposed to be 55. Says stator is bad needs new one. Could be ok but not sure how long. Says when it quits it quits. Houston we got a problem. Now the dance begins. Here at Beric Sport in Val-d’Or the do not have the part. They call Seneterre, negative no part,  no time to install anyway. Amos has the part. Amos has no time tomorrow or even friday to do job. Royaun Noranda no part.

here they can order part but with storm everything will get blocked in Montreal and they wont get parts delivery Friday morning maybe Friday afternoon so too late. 

Then I ask why we cannot get part from Amos and have Val d’Or where sled is now put it in. Dealers cannot give each other parts they tell me. Everything needs to be ordered from Montreal when you need something. Maybe because of warranty claim? It is covered? Anyway ain’t happening. Mechanic boss says no time to do job anyway. They are short one mechanic and slammed with work. And we would have to go to Amos buy stator from there, $813 canadian. However when I asked how he gets the $813 from Bombardier back (since part is warranted) they said he probably would not get it. Anyway sorry if all that is confusing.

We bail out of there, to Gas Depanneur and return to hotel. A bit dejected after the sweet start we had. Now while Shawinigan should get a big dump of snow 30cm in 48hrs they say. Out here says 15-20cm. But with high wind and not much vis. Not sure it’s the best day to find out if the stator will last all day or not?  

Tell me what would you do?

Go out into storm, take a chance it stays running

or

??????

me i sense the end of this run. 

Might just need to wait out storm, head back Friday morning. Get BCX somewhere it will be fixed up by next friday close to my house. 

Regroup and prepare for Cote Nord and try it all again. 

 

Snohorse surely not happy with his ride right now. I told him that’s snowmobiling. He knows. Could be anything anytime anywhere. 

The dealer to dealer parts make no sense to me. When I needed a short block out in Chandler for my MachZ , the dealer in Amqui had one and put it on a bus overnight to Chandler. Under warranty. Charged me $50 for the bus ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

The dealer to dealer parts make no sense to me. When I needed a short block out in Chandler for my MachZ , the dealer in Amqui had one and put it on a bus overnight to Chandler. Under warranty. Charged me $50 for the bus ride.

I have no idea, maybe it’s different now, when was that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

you said the truck is where ? 

Here in Val D’or I am looking at it in parking lot.

thats another reason we trailer out. If any issues truck is close by. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, iceman said:

Not an issue. Truck and trailer here. We are good to get back. It’s just a matter of do we chance it and ride it more?

We had a stator going bad on a Yammie up there 3 years ago. We had to boost it every time to get it going but it ran fine from Temiskaming to Amos.

Personally and if you have time, and Amos has a stator, I would call and make a deal with the dealer to get it fixed on warranty (if its a warrantable failure) and pay him some extra dollars to do that for you before the end of Friday work day. If he can't fix it until Friday, day trip today around Amos with a booster pack along for the ride . You don't have to go a long way away from Amos to have a good day of riding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amos has 

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We had a stator going bad on a Yammie up there 3 years ago. We had to boost it every time to get it going but it ran fine from Temiskaming to Amos.

Personally and if you have time, and Amos has a stator, I would call and make a deal with the dealer to get it fixed on warranty (if its a warrantable failure) and pay him some extra dollars to do that for you before the end of Friday work day. If he can't fix it until Friday, day trip today around Amos with a booster pack along for the ride . You don't have to go a long way away from Amos to have a good day of riding.

Amos has told us they have no time to do the job. It will be fixed in Trois Riveres next week everything is set. Parts in stock sled will be there for monday morning. Is under warrantee and will be completely covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, iceman said:

Decision is made. We are protesting.

we are going Clova to set up Barricade on train tracks. Gonna park 850 BCX on tracks. Who wants to join our blockade?

Strap Trudope to front of sled first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 February Thursday

Woke to everything they said, wind and heavy snow. Whatever as we really are planning to just stay at hotel for the day, Then tomorrow when this storm has moved on we load it up and get the show on the road, For chez Ice. Had late breakfast at 10 AM then we took in the classic “the Price is Right” gameshow, damn I want to play me some Plinko. Maybe spin that big wheel. For now we watch it snow, i seen much worse it’s alot of snow but not whiteout here. Finally I said lets go take local loop around town. Snohorse was not feeling it. Does not want to chance the sled stopping and being stuck. I said no problem I offer free towing. Still not having it. So I tell Kwiknick suit up it’s me n you. He’s happy to get out. Needed go to get some necessities at the Depanneur anyway. So I tell the boy, listen 2-3 hours max not going crazy. Cause I know he cannot wait to get in this powder. Off we go few sled tracks by hotel. We take local not far from hotel tour de ville. No tracks here solid 10” by now. I start going ha! This is like swimming not riding. Like driving a boat. Ok I had enough of this. Nick takes lead, he busts me open a nice trail. He has been kept in rocking chair this whole trip as he tends to go and go and not stop. So today he will stop often. He goes a bit then plays some then go some more . We ride out to 83 by local orange then turn around and head back. Lots of fun but I had enough for now. Back to Depanneur then to hotel. Big 40 miles. But interesting. Fun for a bit not to go do 200 miles in it fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, iceman said:

Decision is made. We are protesting.

we are going Clova to set up Barricade on train tracks. Gonna park 850 BCX on tracks. Who wants to join our blockade?

keep your distance !!!

stay back ^%^%%$

on my waaaaaayyyyy !!!!!

 

jean-guy

21 03 14 117.jpg

21 03 14 118.jpg

21 03 14 105.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday 28 February 

left Val D’or 9 am 

117 still dicey after storm Thursday. After Mont Tremblant was better. Delivered Ski Doo to St Etienne to be repaired. My Yamaha is at Moto Thibault for a massage and oil change. We will re-load and hit it again next Saturday. 

Gonna take Mrs Ice out for an overnight trip Tuesday/Wednesday. 

Took Snohorse and Kwiknick to enjoy a night of Shawinigan Cataractes hockey, great game unfortunately lost in overtime, 4-3. 

#can’twinthemall

until next time

Edited by iceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this