Traded in the Nytro back to DOO

Scranton1

Gave Yamaha a try with the 08 Nytro. Great sled for straight trails with gradual turns............If you have to turn its a piece of %$#(. Did everything in my power to make it work. Every adjustment possilble. The sled really felt unsafe.

I happened to run into the yamaha reps as I was picking up my TNT and they tried to give me recommendations on what I can buy to make it better.

My opinion when I spend 10 grand for a new machine is that I shouldn't have to buy anything to make the sled satisfactory. I heard all about the changes for the 09.

Yamaha lost a cutomer that buys a new sled every year. It will take a hell of alot to get me off of a DOO. The nytro has potential, but the weight and handling and gas tank weren't conducive for the type of riding we like to do in quebec.

Really looking forward to the upcoming season, the gas prices, favorable exchange rate, and comaraderie of the "Quebec Riders".

Happy Holidays! The scranton crew have at least three trips planned this season. See you on the trails!

BJ

BJ

Congrats on the new SkiDoo. If its an '09, I think you will be very happy. You won't have any problems going through corners with it, that's for sure. Give us a report after you try it. See you in the fronzen north.

Mike

Gave Yamaha a try with the 08 Nytro. Great sled for straight trails with gradual turns............If you have to turn its a piece of %$#(. Did everything in my power to make it work. Every adjustment possilble. The sled really felt unsafe.

I happened to run into the yamaha reps as I was picking up my TNT and they tried to give me recommendations on what I can buy to make it better.

My opinion when I spend 10 grand for a new machine is that I shouldn't have to buy anything to make the sled satisfactory. I heard all about the changes for the 09.

Yamaha lost a cutomer that buys a new sled every year. It will take a hell of alot to get me off of a DOO. The nytro has potential, but the weight and handling and gas tank weren't conducive for the type of riding we like to do in quebec.

Really looking forward to the upcoming season, the gas prices, favorable exchange rate, and comaraderie of the "Quebec Riders".

Happy Holidays! The scranton crew have at least three trips planned this season. See you on the trails!

BJ

BJ

Welcome back to the land of the DOO. Good luck with the new ride and hope to see "The Scranton Crew" this winter.

Bill

My buddy is also getting rid of his 08' nytro, hates it. same thing has tried everything to get it to handle right to no avail. He's back on his 06' Rev for this season.

I agree, whenever I rode BJ's sled, I felt unsafe as the handling was very unpredictable. This was especially true when letting off the throttle after a high speed run and God forbid, trying to turn. The engine was excellent, but everything else left a lot to be desired. We hope to be heading up for our first trip between Christmas and New Years.

Hope to see everyone on the trials.

Karl

I was looking at Yamaha, mostly because I am a hot head and expect perfection. Bill among others made me see the light. I rode a buddy's 08 Nirto and it was scary.

Gonna pick up my 09 600 E tec Gade soon...

Scranton 1 good luck with your new TNT...

Easton here...

I was looking at Yamaha, mostly because I am a hot head and expect perfection. Bill among others made me see the light. I rode a buddy's 08 Nirto and it was scary.

Gonna pick up my 09 600 E tec Gade soon...

Scranton 1 good luck with your new TNT...

Easton here...

Phil,

Let us know when your group is planning trips....Would love to get the opportunity to meet you guys.

BJ

Phil,

Let us know when your group is planning trips....Would love to get the opportunity to meet you guys.

BJ

10-4 Scranton if you ever need a fill in I am always available on a 2 minute notice.

Thanks

10-4 Scranton if you ever need a fill in I am always available on a 2 minute notice.

Thanks

We have a four slip trailer and there is usually space.

If conditions permit between xmas and new years we plan on heading up for four days. Could be space...........I'll keep you posted

I live in Moscow....50 mins from you and on the way.

why would you buy a nytro for a trail sled in quebec? :nea::nea:

I don't care what kind of riding you do.........It was a piece of shit riding around the farm in pa, on tug hill, and in quebec.

I figured I would give the four stroke forward rider position a shot. :nea:

It's too bad the guys that develop sleds don't actually give them out to try and listen to the feedback..............we met a guy from Yamaha back in '96 in Quebec, I won't name names, but he's a big shot now and he was such an authority on everything it's not surprising the sleds come through out of whack. The Nytro is 80% great sled 20% unridable, not a great combination. It's that 20% that will hurt you................ Note the model of sled in the picture......we were all going the same way when we started.................

It's too bad the guys that develop sleds don't actually give them out to try and listen to the feedback..............we met a guy from Yamaha back in '96 in Quebec, I won't name names, but he's a big shot now and he was such an authority on everything it's not surprising the sleds come through out of whack. The Nytro is 80% great sled 20% unridable, not a great combination. It's that 20% that will hurt you................ Note the model of sled in the picture......we were all going the same way when we started.................

I agree 100%.

So what's with the guy on his knees, is he praying or pissing! :drinks:

sorry, didn't mean to ruffle feathers i was just saying that would not be my first choice for a yammy trail sled.i havebeen riding since the 70s ánd all sleds are a big improvement since then! we started on cats and went to yamaha in the early 80s because of dependability. i have nothing against other brands and i am not going to sit here and bash them.i have ridden polaris and also tried ski doos out but i i like what i got.if i ever get frustrated with my ride i would consider swithing.i do not get a new sled every year so mine has to last.in fact i just traded in my 02 viper for an 09 apex GT. the viper has 14,000 miles on it and never had anything done to the motor,i hope to get twice that out of my apex. ride safe :drinks:

sorry, didn't mean to ruffle feathers i was just saying that would not be my first choice for a yammy trail sled.i havebeen riding since the 70s ánd all sleds are a big improvement since then! we started on cats and went to yamaha in the early 80s because of dependability. i have nothing against other brands and i am not going to sit here and bash them.i have ridden polaris and also tried ski doos out but i i like what i got.if i ever get frustrated with my ride i would consider swithing.i do not get a new sled every year so mine has to last.in fact i just traded in my 02 viper for an 09 apex GT. the viper has 14,000 miles on it and never had anything done to the motor,i hope to get twice that out of my apex. ride safe :drinks:

Appreciate the reply.

I really have lost brand loyalty. Started on cats since the early 70's. Buddies were polaris........Transitioned to skidoo with the rev chassis and due to forward style andlack of back fatigue. Tough to ride 200-300miles with the old style. Back takes a beating.

Went to Yamaha for the fact of the engine durability. I like the seating position and bought on a whim.

The TNT has the old 600 motor. Bullet proof..........We have three of them.

Once the bugs are worked out of the skidoo fourstroke will probably give that a try.

I have a 2007 ATTAK and am getting sick and tired of trying to "fix" what Yamaha should have done right in the first place.

I have a 2007 ATTAK and am getting sick and tired of trying to "fix" what Yamaha should have done right in the first place.

Did you change the skis on yours, I just picked up a pair of Pilot 5.7's for my buddys 06' Attak, Hopefully now it will actually turn, LOL Other than his hands always cold he likes it!

I would like to add my 2 cents worth about Yamaha. If the guy that posted above expects to get 28,000 miles out of his new 09 Apex he had better bring his lunch! I also hope he didn't buy the worthless extended warranty. That is the biggest rip-off I have ever been involved in, having to fight with them to honor a claim. I waited 3 months to get paid 3/4 of the bill and had to call them 50 times. The deal with 2 different companies in NA is the stupidest thing I know of. The handling and hand warmers were a huge joke. the japs don't like to admit mistakes and to pass the issues on to the customer that has paid over $10,000 to have a piece of shit snowmobile that still didn't work right is un-acceptable in my book. The entire crew that sits in the warranty department could slide into the ocean out there in California and it wouldn't bother me a bit. I have their names if anyone is interested. I would like to see those fuckers pulling a sled out of the woods for fifty miles with no brakes. At issue of course is the drive axles, first one at 12,000 miles and the second one at 16,000 miles. Check the Yamaha part #, it is the same axle that goes in most Yamaha's and they have had an issue since the 03 1 ton. The second one broke in Feb and I still haven't been paid for the repair, 3 nights in a motel waiting for repairs etc. etc. Came to about $700 bucks total. I have called the dealer in Easton who told me how he wanted to handle the warranty IF I had another problem. Did exactly what he said, dragged the broken axle back and gave him all the receipts etc., have called him repeatedly and no response. What the fuck did I pay for an extended warranty for? I am going to file a claim in small claims court next.

I think there will be a lot of people trading back to what they rode before, I personally know of a half dozen guys that are as sick of the bull-shit Yamaha-ha-ha company as I am.

The exhaust issue (3 times), the drive axles, the hand-warmers, the thumb warmer, the suspension arms and mostly the attitude of the warranty department is down-right ridiculous. I must have heard 20 times that they couldn't understand how (I) broke the drive axle. This is after thousands of them broke before mine did. Fuck you Yamaha, I wouldn't own or recommend Yamaha to my worst enemy if I had one!!!!!

I would like to add my 2 cents worth about Yamaha. If the guy that posted above expects to get 28,000 miles out of his new 09 Apex he had better bring his lunch! I also hope he didn't buy the worthless extended warranty. That is the biggest rip-off I have ever been involved in, having to fight with them to honor a claim. I waited 3 months to get paid 3/4 of the bill and had to call them 50 times. The deal with 2 different companies in NA is the stupidest thing I know of. The handling and hand warmers were a huge joke. the japs don't like to admit mistakes and to pass the issues on to the customer that has paid over $10,000 to have a piece of shit snowmobile that still didn't work right is un-acceptable in my book. The entire crew that sits in the warranty department could slide into the ocean out there in California and it wouldn't bother me a bit. I have their names if anyone is interested. I would like to see those fuckers pulling a sled out of the woods for fifty miles with no brakes. At issue of course is the drive axles, first one at 12,000 miles and the second one at 16,000 miles. Check the Yamaha part #, it is the same axle that goes in most Yamaha's and they have had an issue since the 03 1 ton. The second one broke in Feb and I still haven't been paid for the repair, 3 nights in a motel waiting for repairs etc. etc. Came to about $700 bucks total. I have called the dealer in Easton who told me how he wanted to handle the warranty IF I had another problem. Did exactly what he said, dragged the broken axle back and gave him all the receipts etc., have called him repeatedly and no response. What the fuck did I pay for an extended warranty for? I am going to file a claim in small claims court next.

I think there will be a lot of people trading back to what they rode before, I personally know of a half dozen guys that are as sick of the bull-shit Yamaha-ha-ha company as I am.

The exhaust issue (3 times), the drive axles, the hand-warmers, the thumb warmer, the suspension arms and mostly the attitude of the warranty department is down-right ridiculous. I must have heard 20 times that they couldn't understand how (I) broke the drive axle. This is after thousands of them broke before mine did. Fuck you Yamaha, I wouldn't own or recommend Yamaha to my worst enemy if I had one!!!!!

But how do you really feel? :lol::lol: Seriously i think you sould file under the lemon law sounds like you got a bad one for sure.I don't think your dealer is helping much either my dealer has helped me out already by getting stuff covered that probably wasn't under warranty.He usually tells them look this should never have happened and they grumble a little but pay it. Good luck with your next sled but i really think they all have their problems.

I would be the last person to say that ANY snowmobile is any good. If you go back ten years and think about all the goofs that all 4 of them have made nobody in their right mind would ever buy another. Problems are inherent to the sport but when you get jerked around by a bunch of ass-holes that work for the company involved and evidently treat customers the way Yamaha wants them treated it can get under your skin.

The first time the axle went it took out the track, bearings and a bunch of other shit. The jack-ass told me that if I didn't move it there would have been way less damage. I asked him if they would have paid the helicopter to lift it out. He laughed! I could have left it in the woods and maybe groomer would have picked it up, but when? They are full of shit if you ask me.

K