The First New Sled Has Landed

smclelan

Very nice sled,I only read great things about the e-tec... No pull cord?? does the e-start interfere with the pull cord placement? Anyways keep the battery strong and enjoy your new toy

I really don't know, never looked under the hood. The dealer told me it was one or the other, pull cord or electric.

you should let this one in the gaspesie and keep the other one in nova scotia !!there s plenty of room behind the house !! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Thanks Groomer that is a very generous offer. But aren't you grooming all the time? It would never get used??

2009 E-Tec 600 Renegade.

This sled came with electric start. To my surprise it does not have a pull cord.

:yahoo:

Hey that is exactly what I am getting Monday...Been tough sleeping the last few nights...

I wish U good luck with it.

Phil

I really don't know, never looked under the hood. The dealer told me it was one or the other, pull cord or electric.

Thanks Groomer that is a very generous offer. But aren't you grooming all the time? It would never get used??

ha !! ha !! i can take a vacation !!

groomer !!!

Not till April !!! :)

ha !! ha !! you re right !!! :lol: back in 00 , i went on top of mount logan on april 28.we left from 30 miles east of town to save gas for the sleds .faribault was closed.but there was still enough to start from town.yesterday we went up to that curve where i met you to put the signage up .

groomer !!!

I bought two passes, one for for the Renegade and the other for the Arctic Cat TZ 1 Turbo Touring. I am heading to PQ on the 30th of this month for 4 days with both. That will give me a chance to try them and decide which to take to the Get Together. I didn't have much trouble finding someone else to come and drive the other one. LOL

smclelan: I don't know about the ski-doo, however as a Yamaha rider I to have no pull cord start. One thing that is reccommended is an Optimate charger. This charges the battery and also disulfates it.I do this about every other ride in the winter and once a month during the summer. My last battery lasted 4 years with no problem. I only changed it because I didn't want to take any chances. On the Yamaha the factory has two leads that come off the battery and are accessible by lifting the hood. Great for charging and jump starting from another sled or car. Does Ski-Doo have a similar set up? If not you may want to look into wiring up a similar arrangment. I also have a small set of jumper cables I carry with me just in case.

Hope all goes well with the new ride. Keep the pictures and adventures coming.

Have a great Christmas season. Regards Combat

PS: I"ll always remember your story about getting caught in the blizzard and being rescued because of your gps and cell phone. You were lucky on that one. :drinks:

doo makes an accessory kit with a pull start and new side panel but IMO why bother. Personally with the short pull of the Etec I'd have ordered without ES but with my 600SDI I've pulled the rope less than a handful of times in 4 seasons and you can clutch start it if needed very easily.

smclelan: I don't know about the ski-doo, however as a Yamaha rider I to have no pull cord start. One thing that is reccommended is an Optimate charger. This charges the battery and also disulfates it.I do this about every other ride in the winter and once a month during the summer. My last battery lasted 4 years with no problem. I only changed it because I didn't want to take any chances. On the Yamaha the factory has two leads that come off the battery and are accessible by lifting the hood. Great for charging and jump starting from another sled or car. Does Ski-Doo have a similar set up? If not you may want to look into wiring up a similar arrangment. I also have a small set of jumper cables I carry with me just in case.

Thanks for the good advice.

Hope all goes well with the new ride. Keep the pictures and adventures coming.

Have a great Christmas season. Regards Combat

PS: I"ll always remember your story about getting caught in the blizzard and being rescued because of your gps and cell phone. You were lucky on that one. :drinks:

I must make something perfectly clear. That was not me!!! That was Andyman! :crazy: I ride alot with Andy but I hope that doesn't make me guilty by association. I was safe and sound at the Quality Inn in Matane when that storm hit. I unlike Andyman, can understand the Metro Media weather forecasts. :rofl::rofl:

Here is a pic of my sled safely parked during that storm.

smclelan: So sorry. You are correct. It was Andyman. I read this forum often and got confused who was who. Thanks for setting me straight.

Andyman: I'm sure you will probably read this. Sorry for the mix up.

Merry Christmas to all. Combat

smclelan: So sorry. You are correct. It was Andyman. I read this forum often and got confused who was who. Thanks for setting me straight.

Andyman: I'm sure you will probably read this. Sorry for the mix up.

Merry Christmas to all. Combat

Don't sweat it combat. All is said in fun. Had I been with Andyman on that trip, I would have kept him out of trouble.... :rofl::rofl: