It's a small world.........

S pump

Lately I've been hearing a bunch of small world stories and it gets me wondering about the connections and links between people. Like how someone you meet thousands of miles from home happened to grow up in the same town as you. Or how you find out a friend of yours knows another friend of yours and you didn't know there was a connection..................might be interesting.

It happens to me alot. I have lived in quite a few places in my 70+ years so I know that is part of it. Here is few:

While I was working in LA in 2001, I had a warehouse Supervisor who the mangers told me had played International League baseball. I got talking to him one day and asked him about it. I forgot which team he played for but I asked him the years he was in the Int League. I then asked him if he knew Dave Eiland, who was the Int League MVP two years. He told me he and Dave were rooms mates for the Int League All Star game. I knew Dave from the time he was 1 year old. Dave, his Dad, my son and I use to play ball every Sunday morning after Church. We were living in Zephyrhills, FL at the time. Dave is now the pitching coach for the NY Yankees. My wife changed his diapers.

Last winter while I was in Quebec 2 guys came in from NY State. One was a retired NYS Trooper and the other was still in the NYS Troopers. The retired one I found out was from Lee Center, NY. After he had registered and was on his way to his truck, I asked him how everything was in Stokes, NY. Stokes is right next to Lee Center. He looked at me and said everything was fine in Stokes and proceeded to go out to his truck and parked it after unloading his sleds and gear. When he came back in he and I had a great conversation. I was in the milk business in the early days of my working life and I asked him if he knew Walt Von Mott, who had a very large farm and whose milk we received in Remsen, NY. He then told me Walt was his father-in-law. Then we got into a lot of people we both knew. He then told me about a ski hill, near him, that he was a ski patroller on. The guy who owns it also owns a Food Equipment business in Westernville NY. On 9-11-01 I met this guy in LV at a food equipment show.

You bet it's a small world.

I was on a sadllebag trip with a riding buddy.we were eating breakfast in St. Raymond.The guys at the next table were speaking english.Asked where we were from,Pennsylvainia,yada,yada.Found out we were from the same town!........ It was none other than Saguenay Bill. Been riding with him ever since. And the friendship continues............ Dean

I was on a sadllebag trip with a riding buddy.we were eating breakfast in St. Raymond.The guys at the next table were speaking english.Asked where we were from,Pennsylvainia,yada,yada.Found out we were from the same town!........ It was none other than Saguenay Bill. Been riding with him ever since. And the friendship continues............ Dean

How well I remember that meeting. Been a great friendship every since. Dean, Beth and the boys have been special friends to Juliedele and I for quite a few years. Strange how you meet lasting friends.

I met our own Jackstraw at the HI several years ago twice. During our second meeting I found out he lives in NJ and farther conversation revealed we summer at the same lake in the Poconos. We now visit during the Summer and ride together during the Winter. It is truly a small world.

:drinks:

Now onto Winter I wanna ride...

I remember once back in the 70's, I was working at a particular construction company back in NJ. I took a trip to Florida to hunt wild boar. I drove straight down. On the way down, I stopped at a little diner for breakfast. As I sat down, I heard someone at the next table say "hello Leon"! I turned and saw my foreman sitting there eating. He was on his way back to NJ from a weeks vacation. Small World.

• 4 weeks later...
I met our own Jackstraw at the HI several years ago twice. During our second meeting I found out he lives in NJ and farther conversation revealed we summer at the same lake in the Poconos. We now visit during the Summer and ride together during the Winter. It is truly a small world.

:drinks:

Now onto Winter I wanna ride...

HaHa, I just saw Phil out on the lake this past weekend! :drinks:

• 1 month later...

Being from Maryland there aren't may snowmobilers here. We were heading to LSJ (the actual body of ice) from Alma and stopped at a relais with a pool table. As we were going in, some guys from PA rode up. Since we're close to PA we asked where they were from after telling them we're from MD. One of the PA guys says don't say you're from Deep Creek Lake (western MD mountains). One of the guys in in the PA group was not only from MD but is the guy that sold, to my Dad, our first sleds 27 years ago. My bother still has those 2 Enticer 300s in his yard.

• 2 weeks later...