Border crossing 2022/2023

markusvt

As of today, 9/3/2022 you still need to fill out the AriveCan app every time you cross into Canada.  The app is the same as it was, you need to upload your vaccination card to it.  You need to fill it out when under 72 hours of your crossing.  They are still giving random kits at the border, though it seems way less. 

If you are returning home and not quarantining for 14 days you can fill out this form : https://covid-contact-details.canada.ca/en/.  Both this form and the ArriveCan app still only have CAN address options.  They are happy with you putting in the address where you are going, even if its just a day or overnight trip.

When will the madness end, no idea?  For now its mostly the same as last year except you DON'T need a test before you cross.  Having spent some time across the border since the snow melted, for sure most of the locals are done with masks, COVID and the control of the government on this issue.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

This sucks.  I have a large group who will not vaccinate, so they will be out of luck again.  I think they have backwards.  Should be, no vaccination needed, but need a test within 48-72 hours, would make more sense.  Or, do it like cruise lines.  If vaccinated, don't need a test, if not vaccinated need a test within 72 hours of boarding.  Trudeau is a communist.

Edited by slimjim2525

Seems pointless to be providing proof of vaccination that in most cases are in the neighborhood of two years old.  But hey, I’ll do what I need to do to ride the best trails in the world.  Like many things these days on both side of the border, it makes no sense to me.  

you no longer need a test, the old vaccine doesn't provide much protection against the new variant, and you could be A symptomatic...but that's OK...if you have the old shot...that may well not work?? Try explaining your job that way and see how it works....hard to follow the thought process here.

On 9/4/2022 at 7:50 AM, GSX800 said:

Seems pointless to be providing proof of vaccination that in most cases are in the neighborhood of two years old.  But hey, I’ll do what I need to do to ride the best trails in the world.  Like many things these days on both side of the border, it makes no sense to me.  

I really don't plan on getting another jab but I think if you don't get tested if you get a cold odds are you are good to go. As for wearing a mask I do think it may help for not getting the old time flu. 

As for the Can arrive, I believe it is a way for Canada to know and record who is coming to Canada.  Also it's a way for the state's to know where you are.  I believe if you do nothing wrong, for awhile we're all good to ride.  Sure hope so. Hope all had a good Labor Day Weekend.  

4 hours ago, actionjack said:

How in the hell are there any people left who can read who believe masks did anything but harm?  Or that the poisons offered any protection at all?  Jeeeze louise. 

No one is walking in across the southern border either. The white house says so. Totally secure. 

48 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

It's True!!! We give them a ride!!! 

LOL! 

Funny\Not Funny.

GutZ

Your tax dollars at work

funny/Not Funny

meanwhile our veterans can get nothing after serving their country

sounds logical

new sleds qualify for debt forgiveness just say its a student loan no one is checking this

39 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I am planning on bringing my brother and my niece to the powersports show in Toronto.   last year only one person in the group had to do this is it still the same?

We are Canadian Citizens, just spend a couple weeks in NY, VT and NH.

Wife did the ArrivCan for both of us on her phone. When we crossed back into Canada border agent scanned both our passports. Never said a word about the ArrivCan App. I assume they can tell if you have completed it from the passport?

Not sure if the same applies for a US passport.

On 9/8/2022 at 9:05 PM, Fuse6 said:

We are Canadian Citizens, just spend a couple weeks in NY, VT and NH.

Wife did the ArrivCan for both of us on her phone. When we crossed back into Canada border agent scanned both our passports. Never said a word about the ArrivCan App. I assume they can tell if you have completed it from the passport?

Not sure if the same applies for a US passport.

100%, they see it when they input your passport.

• 2 weeks later...

Sanity returning?  Possibly by 30 September according to reports.

https://www.travelweek.ca/news/report-arrivecan-might-finally-be-on-its-way-out/

If you would take a new version of the same poison tested on only 8 mice that ALL subsequently got Covid when challenged well . . . 

1 hour ago, actionjack said:

Sanity returning?  Possibly by 30 September according to reports.

https://www.travelweek.ca/news/report-arrivecan-might-finally-be-on-its-way-out/

If you would take a new version of the same poison tested on only 8 mice that ALL subsequently got Covid when challenged well . . . 

Will sanity return on the US side as well? At this point foreigners still legally require proof of vaccination to enter the states.

13 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

HaHa, I'm sure there checking there status at the Southern Border!

No shit ! What a joke….oh wait our border is secure and so is Martha’s Vineyard , they rounded up the 50 illegal’s faster than Biden can board air force one and tossed there ass the hell out. Liberals are sick power hungry s—t bags. Just do as they say and all will be fine….just ask one.