13 day ride Bathurst NB-Clova QC

Andyman

Feb 6th left Atlantic Host in Bathurst and rode to Cabano Qc via Moose Valley. The trails were very good as soon as you got away from the Bathurst area with excellent conditions from the sports lodge and west.

Feb 7th sledded from Cabano to St Raymond and stayed at the Roquemont. From the Colibri to St Raymond was very poor with major snirt and rocks mixed in.

Feb8th Rode to Relais 22 via La tuque. The section of trail just prior to La Tuque was horrible with major rocks and snirt. North of La Tuque to R22 was good.

Feb9th Headed west to Clova on 10/10 for first 30 miles then fair to good until Weymo. We had lunch in Parent and Mikerider and Ray182 rolled up as we sat in the restaurant. We all had a great laugh together.

Feb10th Headed to Lytton via the Lepine Rd . Superb going until we hit plowed road then brutal for 10 miles or so. Once we joined TQ63 it was ok until the Classic restaurant. Very mild and it was melting big time so we tried a loop via #322 and hit more rocks but we had an awesome ride on the Baskatong Reservoir!!! Went up Devils Mt for a view on a beautiful afternoon then on into Mont Laurier The ride in on TQ13 was terrible with major snirt dirt rocks etc.

Feb11th Rode to St Donat via St Zenon. The park was perfect but after the St Michel relais north on 33 it was brutal with bare ground in St Michel. South of there on 343 it was rough but at least it was snow. The 63 was in pretty good shape and we rode into St Donat on the 33 with good conditions.

Feb12th we rode local to St Come with Timbo as our tour guide. Conditions ranged from very poor to excellent.

Feb13th Mubs and I headed to St Raymond and had great trails. When we got in St Raymond we found out that it was very difficult to find a room! We ended up in rooms that cost $22.46 tax in !!!!

Feb14th To our surprise our sleds were still outside this fine establishment in the morning so we headed to the shuttle in Quebec city. The trails heading into the city were actually better than our outbound leg or maybe we were just getting used to the snirt! After the shuttle we rode to the Massif du sud very nice!!! The trails south of the river are in awesome shape tons of snow and smooth. We rode on the 55 to St Pamphile and stayed overnight.

Feb15th Rode to Cabano via Trios Pistole and some local trails. Excellent conditions and the snowcover near Riviere du loup is very deep with superb trails.

Feb16 Rode back into NB and stayed at Popple Depot. Excellent conditions with lots of snow.

Feb17th stayed with our old friend Alyre at Serpentine. Lots of snow and excellent conditions to be found.

Feb18th we left Alyre’s with falling snow but as we headed east toward the host it turned to rain. The trail east of the sports club is in rough shape as it had minimal snow cover and the rain was not helping. There is very little snow in near the city of Bathurst but it was not anything we had not seen on this trip.

So to sum this trip up we had trail conditions that were 10/10 and we also rode on bare ground. The best riding we saw in QC was south of the river and northern Nb west of the sports club. There should be many weeks of good riding in the north of NB once this warm spell is over. So don’t be discouraged by what you see out the window at home there is plenty of good snow to ride you just have to be careful when you pick your route.

I had 2614.5 miles when I parked my sled and Mubs had approx 4350km as the 2 odos were out by about 4%.

Andy

Andy good thing i didnt try to hook up with you .I couldn't find anybody to ride up with me.Just as well ,went out the same monday here in ontario for a day trip did 100 miles and the motor went.Towed out of the woods ,$250 dollar jeri-dan ride back to my truck and trailer.Would of been alot more in quebec and i was close to a major highway.Diagnosis the oil pump went in my 09 e-tek with @3500 miles.Put a hole in the crank.Will be getting a new motor but will take one to two weeks for delivery.Just pay the de-ductable and i will have to pay for instillation of new oil pump . Ski -doo will pay for the pump even though its not covered under warrenty but not labor.So i'm happy.Nice report ,but i think my season is over.

Andyman.

Sounds like you had quite a trip, 6 of us left Edmunston on Feb 12, stayed in Montmagny, trails for the most part were decent, the next day we sledded to Levis and caught the shuttle from trail # 75 to trail # 73 at motel Colibri. We then went to st. raymond, trails conditions on Feb 13 were very warm and the sled traffic was incredible, we continued on trail # 23 to L'tape, trails were rough in most places, we took trail # 368, 383 to Jonquiere, trails were poor, excessive traffic.

O Feb 14th & 15th we did loops in the lac st. jean and mont valin areas, trails were excellent in most of the northern areas, less traffic and lots more snow. We had lunch at scoobyraid, its a pretty cool spot, (outfitters) Talked to Saguanay Bill a few times, he was helpful and informative.

We started for home on Feb 16th, trails had been groomed the night before leaving the HI, the 368 was excellent, the 23 was awesome, we took trail # 369 from L'tape to Lac Beauport, this trail has some of the nicest scenery you have ever seen. We had a bit of trouble finding our way from here to catch the #3 from there we went back to trail # 73 to motel Colibri and caught the shuttle back across the river, trails and snow conditions were marginal in this area. We stayed at Berniers motel, very nice spot. Feb 17th we left for Pohenegamook, we stayed at the lodge, all trails on the south side of the river were awesome 5,35 as well as the smaller side trails. Feb 18 we did several other side trail loops and headed back to the quality in in Edmunston.

We did 1300 miles, no break downs or other mishaps, it was a very good trip.

My 1200 renegade ran flawlessly, it is a pleasure to drive and sure made the rough areas on sat. bearable.

all in all a great time was had by all

hopefully will be doing at least 3 days in QC next year.

Nice..... Question Sir, what is the name of the big club house with several other buildings, with the gas pumps under cover in moose valley. Quite the establishment. It has 4-6 pairs of Bose 802 speakers rocking the place with tunes. Thx's

Nice..... Question Sir, what is the name of the big club house with several other buildings, with the gas pumps under cover in moose valley. Quite the establishment. It has 4-6 pairs of Bose 802 speakers rocking the place with tunes. Thx's

Moose Valley Sporting Lodge

When we rode through there must have been a hundred sleds there on a weekend day.

Andy

http://www.moosevalleysportinglodge.com/en/moto_vtt.php?c=5

Feb13th Mubs and I headed to St Raymond and had great trails. When we got in St Raymond we found out that it was very difficult to find a room! We ended up in rooms that cost $22.46 tax in !!!

Andyman

I have a buddy that would like to know where is that cheap place to stay at in St.Raymond.

So to sum this trip up we had trail conditions that were 10/10 and we also rode on bare ground. The best riding we saw in QC was south of the river and northern Nb west of the sports club. There should be many weeks of good riding in the north of NB once this warm spell is over. So don’t be discouraged by what you see out the window at home there is plenty of good snow to ride you just have to be careful when you pick your route.

I had 2614.5 miles when I parked my sled and Mubs had approx 4350km as the 2 odos were out by about 4%.

Andy

Very nice trip Andy, i sure do wish i had as much time as you do to ride, you one lucky guy.

How's the conditions in the Moncton area after that 30cm storm you guys just got?

Feb13th Mubs and I headed to St Raymond and had great trails. When we got in St Raymond we found out that it was very difficult to find a room! We ended up in rooms that cost $22.46 tax in !!!

Andyman

I have a buddy that would like to know where is that cheap place to stay at in St.Raymond.

Andy

Very nice trip Andy, i sure do wish i had as much time as you do to ride, you one lucky guy.

How's the conditions in the Moncton area after that 30cm storm you guys just got?

This would be the place. My room was $22.46 tax in but my buddy splurged and got a tv for $24!!! You have to ride the street for about 2 blocks to get to it. Moncton has very little snow in town but more in the high country but the biggest problem is mild temps with the water ways all opening up. I would think that we will need to trailer for the balance of the winter unless we have a MAJOR turn around.

Andy

Hôtel Manoir Bienvenue 253, avenue St-Jacques

Saint-Raymond, Québec, Canada

(418) 337-2456

Moose Valley Sporting Lodge

When we rode through there must have been a hundred sleds there on a weekend day.

Andy

http://www.moosevalleysportinglodge.com/en/moto_vtt.php?c=5

Thanks, I was there on a sunny early march saturday 2 yrs ago. Place was rocking. Very pretty waitresses :D. All of them. :D Fyi, Bose 802's are $1400 a pair. They like their tunes. Edited by momojohnny

Tanx for this great report Andy!! How did you enjoy Lépine Road?

Hi Midrange

The Lepine Rd was awesome until we got south of the turn off to Rabaska then it was plowed and rocked until the TQ63. We found the 322 to be in the same condition as your report. There is lots of snow you just have to be very careful where you ride and stay away from the known low snow areas. We found many areas that had no snowfall in many weeks and because of this & the spring like temps and sun are bareing things up real fast.

Andy

You make me jalous with so big beautiful trip :D!!!

Nice report Andy :good:

On a side note, I start to plan a 4 days trip with a friend in Bas St-Laurent area, propably starting from Rivière Du Loup and going east. I plan to go there propably next week-end or so... It's an area I had never been so any advice will be welcome... From your report, the snow cover seems pretty good in Riviere du Loup

Alain

Edited by towing

You make me jalous with so big beautiful trip :D!!!

Nice report Andy :good:

On a side note, I start to plan a 4 days trip with a friend in Bas St-Laurent area, propably starting from Rivière Du Loup and going east. I plan to go there propably next week-end or so... It's an area I had never been so any advice will be welcome... From your report, the snow cover seems pretty good in Riviere du Loup

Alain

Alain the entire area south of the St Lawrence from Quebec city and east has good snow with the deepest we found to be near Riviere du loup. Very nice grooming and well signed. The north shore of the Gaspe has good riding as well. The TQ55 was excellent as was the 5. In my opinion you can't go wrong spending 4 days riding that area. Many people have their favourite trails but I often don't make a hard and fast plan as I let the conditions and weather forecast shape the ride.

Andy

Edited by Andyman

Hi Midrange

The Lepine Rd was awesome until we got south of the turn off to Rabaska then it was plowed and rocked until the TQ63.

Andy

I am aware that Bowater has plowed the road for a few kms north of lépine bridge.from the turn off to Rabaska til the bridge,you have +- 25 miles.Did Bowater plowed the road all the way up until the turn off ?

Also once you crossed the bridge,did,you guys,take the groomed trail that runs next to lépine road until you hit 63 junction?

These logging companies seems to take pleasure destroying our trails beleive me.

I am aware that Bowater has plowed the road for a few kms north of lépine bridge.from the turn off to Rabaska til the bridge,you have +- 25 miles.Did Bowater plowed the road all the way up until the turn off ?

Also once you crossed the bridge,did,you guys,take the groomed trail that runs next to lépine road until you hit 63 junction?

These logging companies seems to take pleasure destroying our trails beleive me.

I can't remember the exact distances but what I do remember is that as mubs and I sat at the end of the trail to Rabaska a Chev4x4 came flying down the trail toward us from the Lytton direction. That made me do a double take and we made extra sure we stayed very hard right!!! Now as I think about it it was less than 20km from the Rabaska turn off to an area where there were numerous vehicles parked with sled trailers then plowed roads. We met a fuel truck at this point and even though it was plowed it was good running however after a short distance there was a logging operation to our right and from this point to the bridge it was plowed and rocked!! When we got to this bridge {the Lepine???} there was a box on the right side to hold some type of permits I expect and the road and bridge were very bare. I remember checking our fuel and doing some calculations as to the distance back to the Rabaska turn off and I think it was in the 22km range. Mubs decided to walk across the bridge to see if there was a trail or any signs as we had nothing at this point but a very long sanded bridge with 2 narrow plank lanes. There was a groomed trail on the other side and we crossed and followed it to the 63 intersection. It was in the ditch and on the rocky road the entire way very poor running.When we hit the 63 there were no signs to indicate the 63 but we knew from our gps that we were headed in the correct direction.

Andy