gaspe trip, what are good km days?

chrisv

19 hours ago, William Gaf Gaffney said:

Gaspie trip all booked for end of Feb.Mont Laurier Monday.Many more trails to be opened up by Sat.

We will be in the Gaspe Feb. 27, 28, March 1 doing a three day loop then back into New Brunswick for a couple days.

Mont Laurier Feb 2-5.

B4EACE4D-1C16-4DB9-9797-9D2A2A1CA3E6.jpeg

FYI

I was in Murdochville 2 weeks ago, restaurant at the Copper was closed, i havent heard any news if it has reopened or not...

On 1/6/2023 at 4:17 PM, 800steve said:

Sorry to say, the MUST SEEs are the Rt5 trail you are not going on. Best views are on the St Lawrence.

Agree the best trail and views are on the north shore.   Missed it one year because of a storm.  Always plan that section early in our trip now.   The south shore is flat with a lot of road crossings.    Planning our 9th trip this year.    They’re nothing like it.   

When we leave RDL we decide on the fly with the weather forecast. Clockwise or counter clockwise depending on weather to hit the North shore with clear weather. 10 trips around the Gaspe, never booked ahead. Always go end of march and have also done first week of April. Only time for me, no need for crowds!

Edited by Jackstraw

PLEASE do all the top on 5 and skip the rock  , not frozen for many years, so a post card would be better and do merdockville to lacache....I would not leave  RDL. just trailer a little more saves a lot of time so u get more to see in gaspe.. Find secure parking, there are places and towing is available.