1100 mile trip report.

markusvt

We headed up Wednesday Feb 24th, planning for a 4 day trip. We woke up Thursday morning to a foot of fresh heavy snow in La-Tuque. Our plan was to head over to Relay 22/Parent, but the trees that were down stopped us. We headed towards Lac-Edouard, and it took over 2 hours to go 26 miles. The snow had really made a mess of the birch branches and such till we got out of the village. The trail into Lac Edouard was actually pretty good.

We then headed off to to stay in St Felicien. Total miles for the day was 220, (including a 26 mile trip on one of the local trails in St Felicien, which was AWESOME!).

The next day we headed off to Chibougamau. Ton;s of snow, mostly single track. No grooming until we were 30 miles or so south of Chibougamau, then it was great. We had lunch with 180 miles on the clock, than headed off to Senneterre for the night. The rail bed was not groomed, but was in awesome shape. Make sure to get gas at the Esso, or you will be SOL. Total miles for the day, 395.

Next day the plan was to head back East. Most of 83 was not too good. It looked like it had not been groomed in a long time, and the combo ATV trail by Bal Buzzard made for quite a mess. We tried to make the day short looking for lodging before Relay 22, but alas, we had to go all the way to Relay 22. Miles for the day, 365. We met viper2 and his crew there. His wife came in looking none worse for the wear after a 304 mile day, what a trooper, awesome he can still ride with his dad who was quite a hoot!

After 980 miles in 3 days, we were looking forward to a short day back to the truck on Sunday. It was only 95 miles, and we pulled in at 1:30. The club members in La-Tuque were still working on the downed trees.

Tons of snow in the woods, but in town was getting ugly.

Mark.

Trip Pictures

post-464-1267585687_thumb.jpg

post-464-1267585798_thumb.jpg

post-464-1267585855_thumb.jpg

post-464-1267585911_thumb.jpg

Edited by markusvt

How were you able to get all those pictures traveling the miles you did each day? Nice picture album by the way. Looked a tad bit slushy near the end.

Our plan was 4, 250 miles days, but sometimes things don't work out perfect, got to be flexable. We actually had time for a little exploring, time to change a belt on a Nytro, time to build a snowman, time to do a little work on a 1200 which got a bad batch of fuel, and there is always time for pictures!

The pictures keep me going in the summer.

Ton's and Ton's of snow, got to stay north is all!

Markus.

How were you able to get all those pictures traveling the miles you did each day? Nice picture album by the way. Looked a tad bit slushy near the end.
Edited by markusvt

markusvt, nice pictures...did you see Dave Asselin's trailer in St. Prime (north of Roberval)? when I was in Hebertville (auberge le presbyterien) I picked up a january issue of Motoneigist and was able to read Greg's story on why Americans snowmobile in Q.c. looks like you had a good time... :good:

markusvt, nice pictures...did you see Dave Asselin's trailer in St. Prime (north of Roberval)? when I was in Hebertville (auberge le presbyterien) I picked up a january issue of Motoneigist and was able to read Greg's story on why Americans snowmobile in Q.c. looks like you had a good time... :good:

Do you mean this one?

Yup, he lives on the trail. We race against him in the winter, very tough competitor. Yes, we had a great time. We stopped for gas in 2 different native villages, sensed tension for the first time ever, (been riding up there since mid 80's.). Something political going on, not sure what.

post-464-1267622527_thumb.jpg

Edited by markusvt

Glad to hear you guys made it back OK. We only had 1 minor problem, my wife's Vector had a problem with the TORS so we had to bypass it other than that it went good. Nice pics :good:

Pics of our snow man and the blown yamaha belt parts.

Lots of torque on those 4 strokes! Rode with someone with a Yamaha last year and he also blew a belt, looked very smiliar. Had to completely disassemble the secondary clutch to remove the entire belt. It was wrapped around everything.

a few miles out of senneterre.

This is Relais Michel Martel at the 83-386 jct.I've been told(while we were in Val d'Or) the 386 going to lac matchi-manitou was closed this year.

Also that gas stop in Parent is the only thing I have in mind when we are getting close to Parent.Why????

......cause my 950's Beer cans are waiting for me :drinks: