Relais 22

iceman

I see that Relais 22 is for sale.

Crazy price too.

Not sure how much of the woods is left near there after all the fire action this summer.

It is located in a strategic spot for sure. Needs some updating in the bunkhouse.

Not a bad stop for gas and lunch but staying there sucks.

Pourvoirie Gouin also for sale. On the reservoir.

Spent a few nights there over the years. One night at -40, pulling buds sled that place looked like the Taj Mahal when we got there around 11pm!! Over all not that bad, rooms are warm and the food aint bad either. Hope it stay open.

I wheeled in there one night at 8 pm with my 8 year old son. Temp was around -20f, he was cold. The waitress put a chair in front of the wood stove and motioned for my kid to sit in the chair. Silent communication.

It's a few steps up from a warming hut but the food is good for sure.

Good service like most stops.

Better hope it stays open cause otherwise without that gas there the trails passing through there are useless.

Yeah...other than the bunkhouse...can't really complain much about the place either when its location is key.

We've rode in more than once in -30 temps at around 5:00 pm deciding whether to get gas and press onward to La tuque or spend the night there....kind of a no-brainer. If anything that place needs to expand.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...other than the bunkhouse...can't really complain much about the place either when its location is key.

We've rode in more than once in -30 temps at around 5:00 pm deciding whether to get gas and press onward to La tuque or spend the night there....kind of a no-brainer. If anything that place needs to expand.

That is one of the most valuable locations in all Quebec. It really can't close as too many people depend on it whether it's sledders, loggers or just as a stop over on the way to Parent. It def. is a goldmine.

I think the owner is fantastic, he is always happy to see sledders and has a great sense of humor. The prices are fair, food is okay and the rooms do the trick. I prefer to help them over the high dollar corporation places that are becoming the norm and their pricing reflects the $$$ they poured into the place. And it makes it difficult for places like RELAIS 22 OR Club Gatineau, Lac Fallion etc... to compete but if you look at the places that are closing during the winter due to the huge overhead needed to run them the "little guys" are still hanging in there. Don't get me wrong the huge places are beautiful but I'll take the little family run places any day. I think that is why I like the Gaspesie area so much still alot of nice little B&B places to stay. Wow did I rattle on... anyhow I hope Relais 22 reconsiders and is there to greet us this winter!!! Bonjour Quebec!

Edited by Snowbound

where I come from Relais 22 is a sacred place. A right of passage. If you have been to 22 you are a snowmobiling badass. You have the right to talk serious snowmobile with anyone. Are there more remote places? Sure. But anyone who has been to 22 has also been to some of those places as well.

Been there

Done that

Slept in the bunkhouse

Paid a buck a liter

Got a picture of the signs

Had a few Bleus

Stayed for breakfast

Bought my trail pass.

God I love that place.

Gee... i never looked at it that way. Back in the days of mostly fan cooled or free air sleds with 7 gal fuel tanks and not much else we use to think the definition of a badass sledder was one that could ride from places like St.Zenon to Devils Mt and back by the next day, or head from St Zenon to La Tuque and be back for supper. That was our right of passage. Now its like taking the family car and all its comforts on a trip.

where I come from Relais 22 is a sacred place. A right of passage. If you have been to 22 you are a snowmobiling badass. You have the right to talk serious snowmobile with anyone. Are there more remote places? Sure. But anyone who has been to 22 has also been to some of those places as well.

Been there

Done that

Slept in the bunkhouse

Paid a buck a liter

Got a picture of the signs

Had a few Bleus

Stayed for breakfast

Bought my trail pass.

God I love that place.

Yep...The remote places are the memorable ones!!

wow if i did not believe my eyes it almost looks like me in the orange fxr jacket

Maybe it was you grumpy... :)

A real crossroad...maybe a Hub would be a better description???

No chance for your cell phone will work at the 22 !

I do not think dooright cares if the cell works.

I think it was just to show what is the only means to call from there with the phone booth pic.

We don't need no stinkin cell phones.

Sat phone yes please.

Maybe it was you grumpy... :)

A real crossroad...maybe a Hub would be a better description???

That says it all! :good: