SERIOUS SNOW

dkarwh

The house almost looks like a toy...Imagine the weight on the roof, one would think it would collapse...Step off the sled and you would disappear...

I love it when a newbie goes to pee and steps off trail and is up to their waist in snow.

Usually they only do it once. They learn real quick.

Funny though.

But i have been grounded a few times from monster storms.

There is no going anywhere till our buddy Groomer comes by.

Without his drag

just to open the trail.

There is such a thing as too much snow.

It does look like Tug Hill after that dump. Was it 1995 or 1996?

I was there it was crazy.

The roads looked just like that.

Ah the good old days with shit trails.

I love it when a newbie goes to pee and steps off trail and is up to their waist in snow.

Usually they only do it once. They learn real quick.

Funny though.

But i have been grounded a few times from monster storms.

There is no going anywhere till our buddy Groomer comes by.

Without his drag

just to open the trail.

There is such a thing as too much snow.

i wanted to post a few grooming pics from 00 or 01 (35 mm).there s one i can t find ,will try again tomorrow .i had 6 ' of snow in front of me for about 300'.awesome drift!! :o not much room to work.on the old tq 5 about 6 miles east of ste marguerite.it was in march if i remember well.

i m not 100% sure ,but that second pic , i think it s from magdalen island a few years back.remember seeing many pics from that same place on the net.

groomer !!!

Can't remember exactly but i think it was in late jan or early feb of 84 we tried to go from St Michel des Saints to the Rouge Matawin Cafeteria after a huge storm dumped through the region. The snow banks on the main road from Saint Michel to the park entrance alone were well over 12' high. It turned out to be a weird week....a couple days later it rained heavy...and the temps hit nearly 70 degrees for the next 3-4 days...turned all the snow/ice to mud. We were basically stranded where we were staying at the pines. Nothing to do but a bunch of water skipping on lac taureau till we killed our sleds from too much power washing.