Conditions

Anyone having the idea of leaving from Temiscaming qc.going north on 63-303 83 in the next couple days,a trail report would be appreciated.Leaving from Rouyn monday,but would prefer leaving from Temiscaming...thanks..

4 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

Anyone having the idea of leaving from Temiscaming qc.going north on 63-303 83 in the next couple days,a trail report would be appreciated.Leaving from Rouyn monday,but would prefer leaving from Temiscaming...thanks..

Hopefully someone will give us a trail report we where leaving next monday from Temiscaming but cancelled due to trail conditions hopefully will get some new snow in Area  rescheduled our trip for the the following Monday but could not gat a room at Temrose they where booked solid. So we do not know where we could park our truck trailer at so might have to drive to Valdor to start but hoping we would not have to.

33 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

Hey Greg there is lots of parking in Temiscaming..Both right next to the trail if you decide...

Mark this reminds me of last year when we where both leaving Temiscaming at the same time until we had trailer problems. I wonder if Temrose will let me leave my truck there if we book a room at the end of trip. Will be watching for updates on trails from Temiscaming it showed limited this morning to Val-Dor they where showing closed yesterday hoping we can get to go this year I have a brand new sled to break in . We have Reservations at the Forestal for Monday the 26th if we have to drive up there but would rather be riding sleds to get there.

Hoping you guys have a great trip keep me updated.

Edited by zrtkat

4 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

This reminds me of last year when we where both leaving Temiscaming at the same time until we had trailer problems. I wonder if Temrose will let me leave my truck there if we book a room at the end of trip. Will be watching for updates on trails from Temiscaming it showed limited this morning to Val-Dor they where showing closed yesterday hoping we can get to go this year I have a brand new sled to break in . We have Reservations at the Forestal for Monday the 26th if we have to drive up there but would rather be riding sleds to get there.

Hoping you guys have a great trip keep me updated.

There used to be parking in Temiscaming available at the Esso station a block up from the bridge. They have a big yard. Not sure if they still allow parking but it might provide a possibility if you cant park at the Temrose. 

There was also a big parking area at the corner of Kipawa (the main drag) and Hwy. 101. It still shows on Google Streetview Maps but I'm not sure what date that's from.

53 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There used to be parking in Temiscaming available at the Esso station a block up from the bridge. They have a big yard. Not sure if they still allow parking but it might provide a possibility if you cant park at the Temrose. 

There was also a big parking area at the corner of Kipawa (the main drag) and Hwy. 101. It still shows on Google Streetview Maps but I'm not sure what date that's from.

Thanks PLC will check it out hopefully we can park and ride up to Valdor

Greg

2 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Thanks PLC will check it out hopefully we can park and ride up to Valdor

Greg

Can also park across from Ford dealer across from Canadienne hotel,,large lot..trail is just down the hill 500ft..hopefully get a boots on the ground report in the next couple of days  guys

37 minutes ago, ssr said:

The Temrose has a dedicated parking area behind the restaurant,we always leave from there 

They have no rooms available the day we are leaving she said a construction crew rented all the rooms . I would like to leave my truck and trailer up on the hill never had a problem there 

11 hours ago, zrtkat said:

They have no rooms available the day we are leaving she said a construction crew rented all the rooms . I would like to leave my truck and trailer up on the hill never had a problem there 

The parking area across from the Canadienne Motel at the corner of Kipawa and Hwy. 101 has always been a safe place for my friends that often park there for multi day trips.  I have asked SSR (above post) who you have to pay to park there.

Probably A long shot but I’m looking to head up to val’dor-Amos area in the next few days. I have nobody to ride with wondering if there’s anybody up there that will let me tag along in a group I wouldn’t be saddlebagging at all just day trips out of one location. I’m a very experienced rider with a new 2024 sled. Figured I’d throw it out there. Maybe I get lucky

If you stay at the Canadiana B4 your trip or on your return you can park for free. They will give you a parking pass for your windshield in the hotel office. If the office is closed the bar downstairs will have them. If your not staying I would assume you pay for the parking pass at the office or the bar. I always stay B4 departure so I have never paid for a pass. Don't know what they are worth.