Carnage

iceman

So these fella's were out riding together, I think maybe too close to each other and a bit fast for the conditions. Oh yeah and the Drag minus the Dozer that was stuck in the trail, you know over that little rise where you just can't know what is there till its way too late. This was late in the season in St. Maurice. On TQ 3. The Firecat was leading followed by the Two Polaris motos.<br /><br />

Edited by iceman

The Firecat guy hurt his leg he went in ambulance to hospital. Met the other two guys that morning they came with a Quad to drag the sleds to the road, which was right there. Firecat guy flew no kidding like 15 feet at least and lost his boots. Not kidding. Lucky bunch.

Glad to hear the injuries weren't as bad as they could have been. Certainly the fact that there weren't large trees and/or rocks saved lives that day.

I am not familiar with that trail and it is hard to tell from the pics, but I wonder how they happened to hit the drag from the side since it appears to be parked parallel to the trail and well off to the side - or is that an intersection? Also looks like the drag was there awhile from the snow coverage on it.

I hate to see pictures like this.

The drag was across the trail at an angle. The section of trail is between two road crossings and wide open with a little dip. Right where the groomer was left. I think the machine had trouble tried to turn around but got stuck. Then they unhooked and left the drag right across the trail. There were 2 small detour signs one each side of the stuck drag.

Good one Phil,

How the operator thought it was OK to leave that like that is beyond me. If they couldn't move it then at the very least they should put more warning,

Something besides a small detour sign each side, maybe yellow ribbons at least. Crazy shit.

How the operator thought it was OK to leave that like that is beyond me. If they couldn't move it then at the very least they should put more warning,

Something besides a small detour sign each side, maybe yellow ribbons at least. Crazy shit.

Which Club was involved??

timbo

This was in St. Maurice on TQ 3. Between say Safari and Rogers Cabin. I believe its the club montoneige Champlain, not 100% on that. Just a side note also did not see any trail passes on the wreckage, could have been pirates, so not sure on their rights for compensation.

This was in St. Maurice on TQ 3. Between say Safari and Rogers Cabin. I believe its the club montoneige Champlain, not 100% on that. Just a side note also did not see any trail passes on the wreckage, could have been pirates, so not sure on their rights for compensation.

Did note in one of the pics the polaris had plates on it. Could not see anything for the cat. Amazing the rider on the cat didn't get seriously injured....the sled is destroyed. Still...not the brightest thing leaving that drag where they did. Scary stuff.

Whether the sleds were legal or not, that was just plain brainless leaving that drag there like that. Especially if it was getting covered with snow. A similar incident happened years ago leaving the "cafeteria" relay

at the St. Michel entrance to Mt. Tremblant. The original trail heading towards La Macaza started off by a hill climb about 1/4 mile from the relay. A small group visiting from Mich. left with the last guy leaving kinda late.

Well he hammered it to catch up. When he crested the hill, his group was stopped dead in the trail because there was a snowmobile parked right in the middle of the trail with no one around! The guy came over the hill about 50 mph and ran right into the last guy in the group, breaking his back! The sled ran right into his back. It was not pretty. What the owner of the abandoned sled was thinking or doing is beyond me.