Stolen Helmet at Repos

SkippyDoo

Just returned from another 3 day trip to St. Zenon. Day 2 we take 33 North to Repos. Stop for lunch. It looked kinda like Flat Rock on a Sat afternoon. Place was slammed. This was a Friday by the way. Got gas. 9 liters from St Michele ?? All it would take. Anyway's we put our helmet's in the rack's and go sit down. Of course we can't see the racks at this point. So we come out and talk about how we want to head back, and my girlfriend notices a couple things wrong with her helmet. Upon further inspection she realizes it's not her helmet. She goes back in and discover's that she did not pick up the wrong helmet, but that somebody swapped it out with hers. Brand new ArticCat helmet gone, swapped out with an older beat up version that somebody obviously crashed hard with. It was the same size, with a new shield but c'mon !! So now she's pissed. Off we go south on 33. I'm not joking we passed every southbound sled on that trail checkin out helmets. Mostly CanadaVenture people on Rentals. Somebody needs to explain to them how to keep right. No luck. Not gonna say how fast we were going but we made LaCabanon in about 2 hours, and that was going over the 360 trail and back over the dam,then down 345. And she kept up !! Stayed at LaCabanon for awhile but her helmet never walked in the door :( It was worth a shot anyway's. Other than that, Friday was one of the best riding day's I have had in several years. Not much else new to report but the 360 trail with the new bridge on it that would bypass the dam is closed. I guess it is flooded. That caused a big cluster @#$% Sat with all the people trying to get across. with all the ice builup at that little jog on the North end is a bit tricky getting across there. And also the 360 trail to Mattawin rocks. Never rode that before. Did the loop through Mastigouche on 23, then up the river in Shawinigan, and back 360 to dam, 345 to LaCabanon and then 23 to Real Masse. 23 out passed the Mastigouche gate to the river in Shawinigan wasn't great, but traffic was high and seemed like less snow over that way. But all in all another good trip !!

We were also there on Friday for lunch. We walked in put our helmets on the rack and sat down very full as you had mentioned. We both have the BV2S helmets and we always put our gloves inside so we can tell which ones are ours as every other rider seems to have the same thing. Right after we sat down I said to my wife that I do not trust leaving our helmets sit out there and I grabbed them and put them in the chair next to us. I have recently been very paranoid about leaving my gear where I cannot see it. Sorry to hear about the theft. It sucks you just cannot trust people that you do not know. I may have seen you guys pull in as we were getting ready to leave. What time did you get there? We also stayed at Le Cabanon that night.

Well I ride an 08 XP 600 SDI black and grey and she has a 2011 AC SnoPro 600 Green and white. There was another couple that came in a bit later all in Yamaha gear. They sat behind us. There was only a couple free tables at Repos. I think it was around 12:30 or so. We got back to LaCananon at about 3:30. Hung out there for an hour in the bar area. We were staying at Real Masse this time. The rooms with the King beds were booked at Cabanon. I like Real Masse but prefer Cabanon to day trip out of. We won't be leaving our helmet's in the racks ever again. I also have a BV2S. I sure would hate to lose it. Repos was loaded with CanadaVenture people. I know they wouldn't take it as they were wearing rental gear. I would hate to think an employee there would do it, but I guess you never know. Luckily she brought a spare helmet. So she could at least wear her's when we got back to Real Masse. I guess I will start bringing an extra helmet on these trips now.

Edited by SkippyDoo

Sorry to read about your girlfriend helmet :angry: I had to admit even I never had bad experience with that, I always had hard time to leave my stuff somewhere I can't watch it. Most of the time we prefer to put our jackets on our chair backrest and our helmets on the floor near us... don't want to have to figure out how I will finish my ride without one of those :nea:

Not much else new to report but the 360 trail with the new bridge on it that would bypass the dam is closed. I guess it is flooded.

Yes, I heard about it... can't figure out how they can have miss that when they built the bridge??? in the worse case I can't figure out they are not able to build a packed snow bank to link the bridge to the river shore ???

23 out passed the Mastigouche gate to the river in Shawinigan wasn't great, but traffic was high and seemed like less snow over that way. But all in all another good trip !!

Just passed ther yesterday. In fact, other than the 2 small road plowed sections there is enought snow but I agree with you that from the #349 trail junction to the St-Maurice river the trail is less fun, mainly because it is more twisty and groomed too narrow. Not in the same class as the #360 trail between the dam and mattawin for sure that is topnotch :good:

:drinks:

Alain

I sure we were there at the same time. I think we pulled in at 12:30. Our sleds were right out front as you would leave, you probably left before us. I had the red switchback pro r and the wife has a black switchback adventure. After your story whenever I am at place that is full of people I will have all my gear by my side at the table.

At least you had a nice ride. The helmet stinks . I personally have never had any issues ,but I do keep it with me when things are very busy. Especially when I have both kids and the wife up I'm always worried about them and their safety things. I had a heated tow behind caboose people wer nosy with that and open the door at relays but never anything stolen.

I hate to even stop at Repos anymore if I can't get there early. I know the tour groups bring in alot of money and are taking up some of the slack during this recession but they are really getting to be a hinderance not only in that area but also in and around Mont Laurier. The groups are just too big and they are not experienced enough to even say they have no respect they are just plain ignorant. Too bad about your helmet I agree it probably wasn't a tour group although it could have been a guide. Def. sounds like someone who saw it come in maybe before you even came inside.