West IS Best

iceman

Left Shawinigan monday 8am

Day 1 to Le Gouin

trails awesome nicely groomed like they knew we were coming, love it. All the way to Matawin. The park not bad, but not all groomed to Repos monday, Road/trail to kanawata and up to 83 and to Le Gouin

276 miles Pinch me because from Kanawata to The turn for Gouin I could have sworn i was dreaming. The stuff mid summer sled dreams are made of.

Day 2 to Val dor headed for the promised land.

To 83 from Gouin not too shabby,

Go west baby 83 to parent take the gas then rippin to clova oh my she is a runner, take the gas, then Clova to Balbazard is the forgotten part not much surfacing action there. Balbazard is where the trail got real again. Real nice all the way to lac Fallon take the gas, then lac fallon to Louvincourt passed the groomer looking great. Take the gas in Louvincort and Bonzai to Val Dor.

Stay tuned

We know warm and rain for wed but the snow is incredible here we aint scared.

Iceman out

Thx vt_bluyamaha, truly awesome conditions right now. So far so good.

Today was 293 miles i forgot that in the earlier post.

Edited by iceman

Left Shawinigan monday 8am

Day 1 to Le Gouin

trails awesome nicely groomed like they knew we were coming, love it. All the way to Matawin. The park not bad, but not all groomed to Repos monday, Road/trail to kanawata and up to 83 and to Le Gouin

276 miles Pinch me because from Kanawata to The turn for Gouin I could have sworn i was dreaming. The stuff mid summer sled dreams are made of.

Day 2 to Val dor headed for the promised land.

To 83 from Gouin not too shabby,

Go west baby 83 to parent take the gas then rippin to clova oh my she is a runner, take the gas, then Clova to Balbazard is the forgotten part not much surfacing action there. Balbazard is where the trail got real again. Real nice all the way to lac Fallon take the gas, then lac fallon to Louvincourt passed the groomer looking great. Take the gas in Louvincort and Bonzai to Val Dor.

Stay tuned

We know warm and rain for wed but the snow is incredible here we aint scared.

Iceman out

We will be in Ville-Marie tomarrow night (La Bannik)if you are.

Day 3 295Val dor back to Louvincourt then 386 to 63. Val dor all the way to Lavendrye for gas all great.63 west is the forgotten trail one to two sled wide crazy they can call that a trans Quebec.Lac trout outfitter was closed so no gas. Made it to belletere 113 miles light on on apex low fuel took 32 liters. Not bad.Belleterre to Ville Marie very good no worries.Waiting out some light rain here supposed to change over to snow. Heading for Amos later.

Day 4 200 milesVille Marie to Amos.Escaped the rain and the warm and made it to AmosTrails not bad lots of water and washouts neat Ville Marie they took a beating there.Further we came north the better it got for sure.Light snow falling maybe 2" new snow. nice

Day 4 200 milesVille Marie to Amos.Escaped the rain and the warm and made it to AmosTrails not bad lots of water and washouts neat Ville Marie they took a beating there.Further we came north the better it got for sure.Light snow falling maybe 2" new snow. nice

Sounds like you are having a great trip iceman :good: I sure wish I lived a little closer to Quebec I would def. do one more trip yet.

Ok day 5, Amos to Chibougamau 93 all the way, Perfect spot on and fast. Passed groomer near before Seneterre, he was grooming west on a perfect trail. The trail to Lebel sur Queviellon, was a ripper, very nice thank you, Railbed was perfect too. (side note) (I find this trail boring and mindless going straight takes no skill) anyway great run to chapais then on to Chibougamau. Left at 8:45 am in Chibougamau 3pm. Rolling on.

(side note) (I find this trail boring and mindless going straight takes no skill) anyway great run to chapais then on to Chibougamau.

Sandi and I agree. The first time is fun but it does get ho hum after a few trips up the railbed. :blink: :blink:

But don't take it a way because we still need to get to Chibougamau. :pardon:

Jack & Sandi

Edited by revct1

Exactly recvct1 it is a very important link.I heard some rumors of a trail from Pourvorie Martin near Clova to Chibougamau possibly using a logging road to be opened next year. Let's hope for it to be true a new loop would be born.

I hope we are not starting any rumors but there are hundreds of miles of logging roads out in the wilderness. I was told that just in the park Reserve Faunique des Laurentides around L'Etape there are 3,500 miles of access roads. I can't imagine how many miles there are around Reservoir Gouin and north. :good:

As a side note, did you hear anymore about the 900 ACE or the turbo / super charged 1200 from BRP? :huh:

Jack

Ice, I assume you did not make it to Bannik, right? I did not see any snowmobilers there. Like everyone else said, place is really nice. Keep it on your radar. We rode out of there Thursday morning in rain which quickly turned to snow. 650 miles in 3 days. Every trail was perfect in Abitibi. Came back on Saturday and even Ville Marie was good as they got fresh snow while we were away.

No Snobeeler did not stay at Bannik. Maybe next year.Day 6 Turned out to be the long one.Left chibougamau on perfect trail but way cold. No problems to gas at saw mill.After that my buddy had issues with the new E-tec 800 GSX, temp just climbed and never came down. (not a trail condition issue) We had to ride some then wait some and repeat. Long day to St Felicien.No worries we made it and once you start riding you never know where you will end up. We know this well.One phone call had the rescue truck and trailer headed north from Shawinigan and home we went Sunday morning. Thank You Pascal.All in all a great trip and an awesome season.Rode over 9000km and now got 45,061km on my 08 Apex. Love it.

Rode over 9000km and now got 45,061km on my 08 Apex. Love it.

45 000klms koodos Iceman...whats the maintenance like when you're up there? I'm at 19 000 and next years maintenance list is the two clutches rebuild, chain and sprockets replacement and maybe the plastic drive sprocket replacement, i do alot of preventative maintenance because i have been in the back of a pick up truck a few times and hate to be the one to spoil everyones ride.

I keep up on it as I go. After Each ride she gets a good look over. I got awesome support from my dealer the best in Quebec. Motos Thibault, Cap-de-madeline. Pierre and crew keep me rolling.Been the best sled I ever had. Reliable and an awesome ride handles like a dream and pulls like an animal. Yamaha forever.Show me a Doo or Polaris or Kitty with 40k on it. Good luck finding one.

Nice trip iceman B)

I realize that you got to the gouin on monday night ??? we were really near to get into each other, I slept there sunday to monday...

As for your yamy, congratulation :good:

I gave up on my last venture at just near 40000kms and it was still running like a deer, but I was feeling a bit less safe in very remote area... My actual one just hit 22000kms

:drinks:

Alain

I keep up on it as I go. After Each ride she gets a good look over. I got awesome support from my dealer the best in Quebec. Motos Thibault, Cap-de-madeline. Pierre and crew keep me rolling.Been the best sled I ever had. Reliable and an awesome ride handles like a dream and pulls like an animal. Yamaha forever.Show me a Doo or Polaris or Kitty with 40k on it. Good luck finding one.

How many motor rebuilds would that be on an 800 e-tec, I am not too good with big numbers :rofl:

I hope we are not starting any rumors but there are hundreds of miles of logging roads out in the wilderness. I was told that just in the park Reserve Faunique des Laurentides around L'Etape there are 3,500 miles of access roads. I can't imagine how many miles there are around Reservoir Gouin and north. :good:

As a side note, did you hear anymore about the 900 ACE or the turbo / super charged 1200 from BRP? :huh:

Jack

Quite a few years ago some friends of mine met up with some natives I think near Lac Fallion and they showed them to Chibougamau thrugh the bush they said it waspretty quick but I don't think they could do it again that was before ayone had a GPS. :drinks: