Lanaudiere Conditions St. Zenon/St Michel des Saints

Shane

Hi everyone! Heading to Auberge Lac Taureau early Friday morning with the family for 5 days. Does anyone k now how the area is fairing in this warm up? Any REAL information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Shane

Thanks Phil

Shane, I can't speak for the conditions but if you don't have resevations you are better off at Le Cabanon or if you don't like them for some reason even Real Masse try to avoid the whole SMDS circus. Alot more choices for trails leaving LeCabanon and can go north without going on 33 :drinks:

Shane, I can't speak for the conditions but if you don't have resevations you are better off at Le Cabanon or if you don't like them for some reason even Real Masse try to avoid the whole SMDS circus. Alot more choices for trails leaving LeCabanon and can go north without going on 33 :drinks:

X2 and Real Masse is more family friendly, fewer Blair Morgan wannabe's...killer chocolate cake also... :drinks:

Edited by Phil 1

why not choose a bettre location less populated with tourist riders?

I've been asking that question for years. We always avoid that area just for that reason. Riding by that area last Fri. afternoon confirmed my thoughts UGH!

<br />I've been asking that question for years. We always avoid that area just for that reason. Riding by that area last Fri. afternoon confirmed my thoughts UGH!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

X10

I agree its madness.

why not choose a bettre location less populated with tourist riders?

Unfortunately, when it comes to a nice family area with access to lots of local trails there are not alot of options and Lanaudiere is still the best option for this kind of trip. Sometimes you just have to think outside the box as far as what trails to ride. Stay off the beaten path as much as possible and get out early. I still enjoy going to that region for for a week in early winter because they usually are one of the first to have the trails opened and groomed. It is also much easier to get to for a long weekend as far as travel time and smaller family loops are possible. :drinks:

Hi everyone! Heading to Auberge Lac Taureau early Friday morning with the family for 5 days. Does anyone k now how the area is fairing in this warm up? Any REAL information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Shane

We just came back few minutes ago from a 5 day trip which was great but as for today, the rain and warm wheater have made big damage to the trails that would need new snow and cold to repair...

I would suggest to everybody to delayed their trip here until we see how the weather will turn out... Was not looking good south from the dam :(

Alain

Unfortunately, when it comes to a nice family area with access to lots of local trails there are not alot of options and Lanaudiere is still the best option for this kind of trip. Sometimes you just have to think outside the box as far as what trails to ride. Stay off the beaten path as much as possible and get out early. I still enjoy going to that region for for a week in early winter because they usually are one of the first to have the trails opened and groomed. It is also much easier to get to for a long weekend as far as travel time and smaller family loops are possible. :drinks:

I agree I00% but this time of year and on weekends is very ruff (63)

5 days in that area r u crazy

I found Le Cabanon to be a safe place to park the truck. This time of year no traffic. I left there Tuesday morning and there were 9 sleds in the corral.