iPhone app for Sentiers and grooming report

gkw

Check out the new app from FCMQ called iMotoneige. It shows the entire trail system with some hotel and other POI's.

But most importantly, it shows where every groomer is in the province and the last trail that they groomed including day and time!

Incredibly useful!!!

Also works on iPad (in vertical 2X mode).

GW

I have put off buying a smart phone. My plane Jane cell phone is all that I have needed, so far!

This might push me over the edge and buy a new phone for next season.

Jack

Hi Jack ,

Jack what ever you do get a iPhone it is awesome. Once you get one your done. no Turing back " lol " it's very addicting.

Edited by crazysnow

I have put off buying a smart phone. My plane Jane cell phone is all that I have needed, so far!

This might push me over the edge and buy a new phone for next season.

Jack

The app also works on the iPod Touch if you're not ready for a phone upgrade.

Maybe it's an iPhoney.... We were talking about those in the office the other day because the owner is in China right now, and we want some cheap knockoffs when he comes back.

GutZ

Maybe it's an iPhoney.... We were talking about those in the office the other day because the owner is in China right now, and we want some cheap knockoffs when he comes back.

GutZ

BTW - if you don't have an iPhone (like me), I would suggest an iPad. It is very useful on saddlebag trips as most hotels now have wi-fi. It is also much more user friendly for email, movies, web browsing, etc. Plus - it travels well as it has no moving parts and seems to not mind bouncing on the back of my sled all year. iPad 2 wi-fi only units are probably cheaper than an iPhone.

GW

X2 on I-pad has become a useful tool this season and is now standard equipment on saddle bag rides. I am using it now in Chibougamau. Nice.

X3

Carried an Ipad2 all season with no problems. Besides all the benefits GKW points out you can take your SD card out of your camera at the end of the day and watch your vids and pics on the IPad.

Edited by snowmaster2112

i used it this past week in the Gaspe. It helped out lot and i would recommend it. I thinkit has more feeatures than i know so i will continue to learn. Any usefull tips please post.

Thanks

Mike

In addition to tracking groomers, you can calculate routes on the map to figure exact trail distances. I think there must be a charge for businesses to show up as POI's as there are not many pre-loaded. I suspect it will be much better next year.

Someday, this will be married to your GPS for navigation.

It would also be helpful to click on a trail and see when it was last groomed. The data is there, it just gets presented on a by groomer basis. Are you listening FCMQ??

GW